Send Topic Print
Visited the RE Dealer (Read 359 times)
Ruttly
Serious Thumper

Thumpers Rule

Manteca , CA
Re: Visited the RE Dealer
Reply #15 - 08/16/21 at 13:00:48

They are nothing but a fun bike , they do nothing well , they are slow , don’t handle nor do they stop fast. But they are hella fun to ride , a good camping bike or a bike for up at the cabin , farm/ranch bike etc.

The Topic Terminator
  IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #16 - 08/16/21 at 13:13:50

Does anybody know about those China dual sport 250 ?    
I had a 200cc China dualsport , well it vibrated a lot .

I had a 250cc ATV that had a really nice motor.   Not to much HP , bur was very smooth and still enough HP.

The one called "Hawk" is the one I've seen on line.

I believe I'd rather have a Suzuki DR200 or maybe the Yamaha version of the same.    

The Suzuki or the Yamaha either one would be lighter but thie RE motor is 411cc , with a real seat on it.   Smiley   The RE Himalayan might be the better bike.

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see. How far Man's corruption reaches into Organized Religion , we may never know
WWW MMRanch MMRanch   IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #17 - 08/19/21 at 20:47:48

Well guys ,

It ain't looking good for me getting a Himalayan .   The 80 acres next door is up for sale and it looks like we'll be closing on it with-in a couple of weeks or so !  

Yea !   and   Oh-no !    at the same time !

It may be a while before I'm buying anything else  ?  
Its a powerful amount of $$$ .

At the minimum , I'll have to wait till the dust settles a bit and a few land payments get behind us.

We might have to get a logger to help us pay it off  ?   Huh

I've been ridding the S-40 a lot lately .    I cleaned up the "W" for the local collector to inspect , and been leaving it clean all week.
The guy seems to have lost interest so , I went over to his house to see if he was super busy or just lost interest .  
When I got there I saw the problem ... he has got a 1952 BSA WWII looking model he's working on.   I couldn't help but be marveled at the sight of it , so he pulled a tarp off one of his other bikes in the shop
to show me the 1943 model he just finished , it looks new !  Cool
So , he did loose interest and I understand why.
Well , I've been ridding the S-40 all week and its REALLY a GREAT BIKE.   Having an accurate speedometer has shone me that I used to ride much faster than the law allows !   Embarrassed
I'm even getting almost 60 mpg !   Next time I change oil I'm putting some of the thinner stuff in to see if it makes a difference  ?   Maybe - 10w30 T6 .

I even had the thought of taking the S-40 to our Arkansas trip this year but I'll have to get Marcia on the back of it for day ride to see how it works out for her.   That new muffler has had a positive effect on how the bike runs.   Yea , power is not an issue , but seat room might be ?  

Anybody ever put one of those CORBIN SEATS on a Savage ?   Huh

Basically the Gold Star goes to War ... I think ?

1943_BSA.jpg

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see. How far Man's corruption reaches into Organized Religion , we may never know
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #18 - 08/20/21 at 09:02:59

The BSA W20 and the Gold Star don't have a lot in common - other than 2 wheels, 1 handlebar, 1 cylinder.

The W20 was a 500cc side valve, hard tail bike made to be low HP but incredibly tough and reliable for military service.  The Gold Star was an overhead valve single that was made for performance.

Either one of them would be fun to own and ride!

I looked up the specs on the Royal Enfield Meteor 350 - and although it is likely a fun bike.......I am not sure it would satisfy most of us - it has 18 -20 HP and weighs 380 pounds and a road test squeezed out no more than 75mph.  The road tests I have read like the bike and they believe the bike is a lot of fun - they all were riding the bikes on rural country roads where the bike most likely fits right in......it likely would do well on city streets as well.  Bump the engine up to 450 or 500 and I think it would be a better bike for the USA.

« Last Edit: 08/21/21 at 06:28:38 by Dave »  

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #19 - 08/21/21 at 18:42:04

I was on a ride today and near Portsmouth, OH a fellow on a Himalaya stopped and we chatted.

He loves his Himalaya and said it handles back roads well and doesn't care if they are asphalt or dirt!  He did say that it is a bit different than a "pure" dirt bike - he felt there was a lot more weight on the front wheel than on the dirt bikes he has owned.  He said that on gravel roads he gets a lot more rear wheel spin on the Himalyan than on the dirt bikes.  (I wonder if it is just the fact that he likely has never ridden a 400 pound dirt bike, and the seat and bags on the Himalayan don't really allow him to shift his weight rearward like he could on a dirt bike).

MM:  Maybe you can get the owner of that farm to throw in a Himalyan as part of the deal!  Marcia can't get mad at you if the bike came with the land purchase!

IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #20 - 08/22/21 at 16:05:27

Well I could just go buy it anytime , but not sure that would be the responsible thing to do.  I mean , all three of my bike parking places are full !   Wink

As much as I'd like to have a half dirt bike now , I can wait a bit then buy a new one.   I think they have a three year bumper to bumper on them ???  Huh

My Savage is running really good right now , better than it has in a while !
The idea of opening the exhaust up has made a new machine out of it.   I did put a DB Killer at the exit to kill some DB's - there were just a few to many getting out !  Grin
We need to do a Dragon Run before the summer gets away from us to try it out proper !  Safely ya'll understand !   Cool

OK , on to other MORE SERIOUS things !
I was reading about the high millage LS650 earlyer in the week and I got flaged as a intruder and banded .    At home I can't go to my favorite site !   Sad     I'm at the library now !   Roll Eyes

Somebody please take this leach off !  Embarrassed

Help me John ! ???  and I'll make ya a dinner donation .  No tumbler needed .  Smiley

Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #21 - 08/23/21 at 02:36:11

AT THE LIBRARY  the SuzukiSavage site is likely being seen as "not secure" to the current MS standards.

At home you should have no issues, but if you do POST A THREAD as a simple visitor and tell us what is going on WITH DETAILS.

The library visit likely got you booted as an undesirable, a hacker/intruder.

Both Justin and I got caught out years ago in a similar fashion, we just cranked up new ID's and went with it until Amazing John got back from wherever he went.   Then he fixed our old access and made our old passwords work again.

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
oldNslow
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Rochester, NY
Reply #22 - 08/23/21 at 07:23:34

Quote:
AT THE LIBRARY  the SuzukiSavage site is likely being seen as "not secure" to the current MS standards.

On my Win10 desktop I get a warning that Suzuki Savage is "not secure" up on the info bar on the top of the page. I've just been ignoring it for a couple of months. So far no problems. My old 32 bit Dell running Mint Mate 16 doesn't care - I'm typing this on it right now. Neither does my little android tablet.  

There is an RE dealer about an hours ride from me. I've been watching his website and  he  finally has some bikes in stock. A bunch of Himalayas, a couple 650s, and hes's taking pre-orders for the Meteors. He hasn't had any new inventory at all until just a week or so ago. I'll be taking a ride out there soon.   I'd like to see, and possibly ride, a Himalaya.

IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #23 - 08/23/21 at 09:18:18

MM got booted out on his home computer.  Now the forum will not allow him to go to the forum page from his house.  He can open the HOME page  - bit cannot get to the forum.

The same things happened to me at the office a few years ago - I can no longer access the www.suzukisavage.com using my office server.  I was attempting to post a photo the same way I have always done = but for some reason I got blocked and remain blocked to this day.  If I want to access the forum from work, I have to sign off of the office server and use the guest server.

« Last Edit: 08/23/21 at 14:20:33 by Dave »  

IP Logged
Tocsik
Serious Thumper

the singularity

Denver, CO
Reply #24 - 08/23/21 at 09:26:02

My browser show "Not secure" also for this site.  Does everyone have the popup ads at least once per session now, too?

'08|Raptor|Dyna|Stock jets & no other carb changes @ 5280' alt|'slavy CCT|Kawa front pulley|130/90 rear tire|7" LED headlight|3" straight risers|FIAMM El Grande horns|Mutazu hard bags
  IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #25 - 08/24/21 at 03:35:26

This is the message I get when I try to log on at work:

Forbidden.PNG

IP Logged
ohiomoto
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

WTF is JOG?
Reply #26 - 08/25/21 at 15:40:13

Dave wrote on 08/24/21 at 03:35:26:
This is the message I get when I try to log on at work:

-----

Same thing happened to me at my office a while back.

http://suzukisavage.com/cgi-bin/YaBB.pl?num=1451676907

IP Logged
jcstokes
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com is
very useful

Mauku New Zealand
Reply #27 - 08/25/21 at 15:58:50

On Linux, I get "not secure" on lots of sites as well as this one, so far no one has hacked my bank account, which is about all that matters.

Completely stock 2010 S40, aftermarket rev counter and back pack, Airhawk seat pad
  IP Logged
ohiomoto
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

WTF is JOG?
Reply #28 - 08/25/21 at 18:02:11

This isn't an issue of the site not being secure.  The issue is the site is blocking traffic from IP addresses it thinks are not secure.  I can't access the site from any machine on the network at my office.  

Linux, Mac, Windows, Android...all blocked.   I can take my phone off or the network and it works fine.  Put my MacBook on my phone's wifi hotspot and it works fine.

I posted some information about this in the link in my reply above.

IP Logged
youzguyz
Serious Thumper

San Antonio, Texas
Reply #29 - 09/05/21 at 00:31:20

Took a test ride last week.  First time ever..  
Not on THIS bike, but one just like it that was too close to the window for a good picture.

IMG_20210904_131500.jpg

2002 - Silver (Thumper)
2000 - Green (Mad Hamish)
Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut between the seat and the handlebars. Make sure yours isn't too tight or too loose.
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
04/17/24 at 23:10:40

General CategoryThe Cafe › Visited the RE Dealer

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.