Send Topic Print
Gold Medal (Read 94 times)
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Re: Gold Medal
Reply #15 - 07/26/21 at 09:31:18

"Will be interesting  to see how you, ’spin’ the definition of the difference between,
‘Broadcast Channels’
   and
‘Channels that Broadcast’
"

This is very easy to understand, I think you are being intentionally difficult.

Broadcast:  to send out or transmit (something, such as a program) by means of radio or television or by streaming over the Internet.

A "Broadcast Channel" is something you said.  Nobody but you said this, so let's not pretend you are challenging anyone else's interpretation but your own.  Since you historically refuse to just plainly answer questions I don't expect you to answer what you think those words that you contributed mean, to you.

So I will assess based off your communication here that you think a "Broadcast Channel" is one of the more traditional networks like NBC etc. that one can view, free of charge, as they broadcast a signal that a TV can pick up, translate and display on it's screen.  If your definition differs let us know.  Us being all known humans besides MnSpring.  NBC is not a "Broadcast Channel" - NBC is a broadcast network that broadcasts on a channel or more accurately channels.  

A "Channel" by modern means is a path along which information (such as data or music) in the form of an electrical signal passes.  YouTube has "channels" and they are "broadcast" by means of the internet.  Historically these have also been called a "frequency channel" before the digital age started decades ago.

So "Channels" that "Broadcast" are considerable, just look at YouTube alone.  But YouTube may not be, by your definition, a "Broadcast Channel", but nobody will ever know unless you tell us what you think a "Broadcast Channel" is.

So the difference to me is:

Broadcast Channel, might mean a Network like NBC.

Channels that Broadcast are any means of distribution in the form of an electrical signal - not specifically a business or network, but an electrical signal that is distributed.

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #16 - 07/26/21 at 09:49:19

Eegore wrote on 07/26/21 at 09:31:18:
 This is very easy to understand, I think you are being intentionally difficult.

Bingo...
So what else is new?

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #17 - 07/27/21 at 04:35:36

No idea what this thread is about and ain’t gonna read it but did you see those kids in Alaska routing on their schoolmate while she won the Gold? That was cool.

IP Logged
MnSpring
Serious Thumper

Younger than most
people my age.

Minn
Reply #18 - 07/27/21 at 08:40:54

" I think you are being intentionally difficult "

Isn't that what Mao said about, 'Tank Man' ?

(Nop, don't have any web sights, or verified, notarized, signed statements)

I also believe, the Brown shirts when loading people on cattle cars,
said the equivalent of, the same thing.

Ben Franklin once said: "If you give up a freedom, for the sake of security, you will have neither".
Which is More TRUE, today, than yesterday.('06, S-40, Stock) well, mostly .
  IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #19 - 07/27/21 at 09:15:27

Wow!... that's a leap!... Grin

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #20 - 07/27/21 at 10:23:37

"Wow!... that's a leap!"

Of course it is.  Why have an adult conversation that goes somewhere?  
 As for the original topic I see "New Air Rifle record set" on TV's where I am.  I do not see "Taekwondo record set" and the Olympian that set it actually lives here.

Maybe because Taekwondo is too politically charged, maybe because I don't watch TV 24/7.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
04/18/24 at 15:06:14

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › Gold Medal

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.