Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Been awhile...some feedback on some mods (Read 67 times)
Bubba
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Denver, CO
Been awhile...some feedback on some mods
07/22/21 at 08:36:02

Just thought I'd drop in and follow up on some of the mods from here that I did.
I bought the Kawa pulley and love it...Also did the dbl bearing swap last year....that one is a winner also.

Anyway, went on a ride yesterday and could hear this really annoying squeal every time I gave the bike throttle through a turn. I first thought maybe the dbl bearing on the rear axle had gone south but upon further investigation I discovered that the lower allen head bolt from the pulley swap was rubbing the belt.
Just so you know, I had elongated the rear axle drop out slot to allow the belt a little more wiggle room on the rear axle. It was great to allow me to loosen up the belt but at the expense of too much play which, in turn, caused the belt to rub...so back to tightening up the belt a wee bit so there is less slop in the belt.
I do like to run the belt kinda loose so I'm gonna have to play with it some more when the back end is lifted to get it just right.

Just wanted to let folks know, both those mods are the Bee's Knees in my opinion.
Thanks to the fine folks in this forum!

'06 lt Blue, Dyna Power pipe, air screw 2 1/4 turns, 52.5 pilot w/ bleed holes, 150 Main, 2/3 spacer, Pirelli MT66 tires, Raptor petcock, 412-4006 Progressive shocks
  IP Logged
DragBikeMike
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Honolulu
Re: Been awhile...some feedback on some mods
Reply #1 - 07/22/21 at 15:31:34

Glad to hear that your mods are working good.  Hard for me to picture the belt rub.  By any chance can you post a picture that shows where the belt is rubbing.

Best regards, Mike

Knowledge is power.
  IP Logged
Armen
Serious Thumper

Half-Witted
Wrench-Jockey from
Jersey

Reply #2 - 07/22/21 at 17:15:42

Hey Bubba
If it's the bolt I'm thinking of, I switched to a button head Allen to make some clearance.

In theory, theory and reality are the same. In reality, they aren't...
  IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #3 - 08/14/21 at 19:56:21

Hay Stew !  Smiley

That double bearing is a "MONSTER" of a thing !   Shocked

Thank you very much .

and

Thank you for whoever did the research to solve the pully wobble issue.   I've already replace mine once with the original style.    I've got a lath so I'll make the one Stew sent fit this winter.

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see. How far Man's corruption reaches into Organized Religion , we may never know
WWW MMRanch MMRanch   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
04/19/24 at 09:22:55

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Been awhile...some feedback on some mods

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.