Send Topic Print
Custom tall seat (Read 77 times)
och
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Custom tall seat
07/13/21 at 08:17:41

Finally got my custom seat made and installed. I start with stock seat, and being 6'4" I was basically riding on the rear seat, which is not good for weight distribution and probably not very safe at highway speeds. So I purchased a Corbin seat which I was hoping would be better, but it was the same, except less comfortable to ride on the rear seat because them bump between front and rear is more pronounced.

So I put the stock seat back on, and brought the front seat to a local upholstery shop to be modified. I had the guy add enough padding and rewrap it so that the front and rear portion of the seat became even height, so roughly 3" of padding. Got it back and it is so much more comfortable now. I still want to slide back a little bit, but riding on the front is a lot more tolerable now.

IP Logged
och
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Re: Custom tall seat
Reply #1 - 07/16/21 at 08:09:05

IP Logged
och
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Re: Custom tall seat
Reply #2 - 02/10/22 at 12:18:28

The tall seat was nice, but the local shop did not do a very good job, they just stuffed it with foam and it was sagging. I took the seat and sent it to Russell Cycle, and they completely redid it. They had to replace the cover as well. Looks more plain than the old Corbin seat, but much more comfortable. Now the bike needs a bigger tank, lol.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/06/24 at 09:19:36

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Custom tall seat

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.