Lt. Michael L. Byrd (Read 485 times)
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Re: Lt. Michael L. Byrd
Reply #75 - 07/23/21 at 08:55:32

Okay, here you go. Match me tit-for-tat:

Greg Marmalard in Animal House, one of the most disliked characters in the movie. In the epilogue,it was stated he served as a Richard Nixon White House aide and was raped in prison in 1974.

Brick Tamland what is the doofus character played by Steve Carell in anchorman. At the end of the movie, when he’s in a bear pit getting hugged by a Kodiak bear, the caption says he went on to work at the Bush White House.

TV series West Wing. Find me a TV series (heck, find me a single episode on any show) about a Republican President presented in a positive view.

There you go. Match those three.

IP Logged
MnSpring
Serious Thumper

Younger than most
people my age.

Minn
Reply #76 - 07/23/21 at 09:09:09

Edited:
Eegore wrote on 07/22/21 at 08:44:46:
"...   We need to define "associated" ...
...   What do you mean by associated with? ...
...  you have just entered a new parameter ...
... I propose we define ...
...   Then we can apply characters that meet those parameters...
... discuss that specific character's impact ...

Perhaps ‘redefining’ a question,
to include  parameters, and assigning a ’team’ ,
    (Government or Private funded)  
to discover information,
on that simple question is required.

The Question:
A Hollywood, movie/TV show, is made.
That movie/TV show depicts the actors in that movie/TV show as, ‘dumb’.
If that movie/TV shows/depicts, those actors later in life,
(Which the Movie/TV show already, implied/shown/depicted them, as DUMB)
What % does it depict, ‘Republican or Democrat’, as DUMB.

Of course, if the, ’team’, has a pillow maker on it,
the results are all wrong,
 just because.

Ben Franklin once said: "If you give up a freedom, for the sake of security, you will have neither".
Which is More TRUE, today, than yesterday.('06, S-40, Stock) well, mostly .
  IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #77 - 07/23/21 at 09:42:55

"Your example is a poor one but let’s say I go ahead and give you a mercy point in your favor just for fun. You’re down 2-1. I can pull up 10 more on my side. Can you find 10 more on your side? The answer is no of course."

So by "10 more" you meant the same ones, not 10 more as in 10 additional.  If I place to you 3 apples and tell you I will offer 10 more would you expect 3 apples, or 13 apples?

You now are adding TV series, another change to your original request.

You also have changed "associated with" to "part of" the Dem/Rep party:

"In the case of silent Bob and Jay, they make no reference to the fact that they are part of the Carter administration for example."

So the character has to be "part of" or "associated with"?  This is why I asked for clarification which you won't provide.  This comes across as moving the goal posts.

Are you going to answer any of my questions or just wait for me to offer films, and now apparently TV shows, and then say "Nope" or are we going to actually have an evaluation and discussion?

How does West Wing apply to your parameters of "future", "jokingly" "Very Bad" and at the end of a movie?  You did not accept a violation of those exact parameters from me.  Yet you present West Wing.

Are you ever going to acknowledge I already agreed with you multiple times?

You present a challenge and all I do is ask for specifics and you refuse to answer any of my questions.  Then you offer the challenge again, still refusing to clarify what you would find as acceptable, and with each request you change the rules.  Why is that?

« Last Edit: 07/23/21 at 13:13:20 by Eegore »  
  IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #78 - 07/23/21 at 14:04:36

Republican administrations turn out to be crooks and fools.
Just can't change reality.

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #79 - 07/23/21 at 16:19:20

Eegore wrote on 07/23/21 at 09:42:55:
"Your example is a poor one but let’s say I go ahead and give you a mercy point in your favor just for fun. You’re down 2-1. I can pull up 10 more on my side. Can you find 10 more on your side? The answer is no of course."

So by "10 more" you meant the same ones, not 10 more as in 10 additional.  If I place to you 3 apples and tell you I will offer 10 more would you expect 3 apples, or 13 apples?

You now are adding TV series, another change to your original request.

You also have changed "associated with" to "part of" the Dem/Rep party:

"In the case of silent Bob and Jay, they make no reference to the fact that they are part of the Carter administration for example."

So the character has to be "part of" or "associated with"?  This is why I asked for clarification which you won't provide.  This comes across as moving the goal posts.

Are you going to answer any of my questions or just wait for me to offer films, and now apparently TV shows, and then say "Nope" or are we going to actually have an evaluation and discussion?

How does West Wing apply to your parameters of "future", "jokingly" "Very Bad" and at the end of a movie?  You did not accept a violation of those exact parameters from me.  Yet you present West Wing.

Are you ever going to acknowledge I already agreed with you multiple times?

You present a challenge and all I do is ask for specifics and you refuse to answer any of my questions.  Then you offer the challenge again, still refusing to clarify what you would find as acceptable, and with each request you change the rules.  Why is that?

Challenge: find me a movie where a character in a movie who is either universally understood to be dumb or a very bad person, is jokingly associated with the Democratic Party in their future.

Good luck.

That was my original challenge after I mentioned Anchorman as an example. You brought up Jay and Silent Bob which was a poor retort.

You seemed to suggest it would be easy to match instances in movies and TV shows where Democrats were portrayed as fools as often as Republicans. I gave you a couple of epilogue instances and asked you to list similar epilogues 180 degrees opposite.

As of yet, you haven’t.

We agree on a lot of things, most things in fact. No, I don’t acknowledge everyone.

IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #80 - 07/24/21 at 11:58:01

"That was my original challenge after I mentioned Anchorman as an example. You brought up Jay and Silent Bob which was a poor retort."

I also asked multiple questions in an attempt to clarify what you mean.  For instance "associated with" which you won't answer.  This was an attempt to avoid rule-changing or misinterpretation.  You changed "associated with" to "Part of".  Jay and Silent Bob, I very clearly indicated did not meet your criteria.  However instead of imagining up a complete hypothetical movie I used an actual film to assist in reaching an answer to my question:

More important how do you define "associated with" in regards to a political party?  What are the parameters you would accept?

I also asked:

Are these characters only fictional, or are interpretations of real humans allowed?

What do you define as "Dumb or very bad" and is the character only to contain these traits?  For instance is "violent" exempt if the violence is not interpreted as "very bad"?   How is "very bad" differentiated from "bad"?

How would I know what you will accept as information if you do not tell me?

How does the West Wing meet the criteria you put forth to us?  (Us meaning all known humans that are not Webstermark)

Then you added "acceptable to Entertainment Culture", so I think it's fair to add that to your current challenge question and not bring it up randomly.  Given your responses I read your actual challenge to be this:

Challenge: find me a movie where a character in a movie who is either universally understood to be dumb or a very bad person, is jokingly associated with and part of the Democratic Party in their future and that character's actions are not acceptable to current Entertainment Culture.

"You seemed to suggest it would be easy to match instances in movies and TV shows where Democrats were portrayed as fools as often as Republicans."

I have never mentioned any words such as balanced, equal, same, matching etc. in regards to this topic.  I agree with you.

Now if you ever actually acknowledge that (I don't mean words, I mean not continuing to defend your stance that I already agree with) I might be able to work on what you asked, but you need to give me enough information to do this instead of trying to indicate I have an answer before I even do research.  How much sense does that make?

I have, repeatedly, indicated I am under the impression you meant films based off of this: "find me a movie"  You brought up TV shows, so how you have assessed I did that is not clear to me.

"I gave you a couple of epilogue instances and asked you to list similar epilogues 180 degrees opposite."

And also presented West Wing.  How is that TV show, that has literally zero of your required criteria applicable here?  At least Jay and Silent Bob is an actual movie.  So am I allowed to present TV shows and ignore the parameters of your challenge also?

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #81 - 07/25/21 at 04:44:20

Eegore my friend, let’s drop this. The entertainment industry is dominated by the left and heavily dominated by the wacho left, Rob Reiner is perfect example. It wouldn’t matter what criteria we agreed to, the evidence would overwhelmingly prove my point and you’ve said so. Everyone knows this.

My bigger point is Democratic operatives who used Covid to both legally and mostly illegally change election procedures to take advantage of what can only be described as a huge population of stupid, unengaged people and got them to check the box against The Bad Orangeman because, in part, that was drilled into their little heads everywhere they turned for 4 years. “News, movies, TV, anywhere. Had normal, reasonable election procedures been followed, Trump wins easily.

Democrats used comprehensive strategies to steal this election and they got by with it. And now we have a bumbling jello brained old fool in office who thinks handing out as much government money as possible has no negative effects on the economy. I listen to part of his townhall, the man is a dumbfxxk.

I think the entertainment topic is one we can move on from.

IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #82 - 07/25/21 at 21:16:03

"Eegore my friend, let’s drop this. The entertainment industry is dominated by the left and heavily dominated by the wacho left, Rob Reiner is perfect example. It wouldn’t matter what criteria we agreed to, the evidence would overwhelmingly prove my point and you’ve said so. Everyone knows this."

I agreed with a majority but not 99% as you indicated.  Of course
if we are isolating this strictly to movies that jokingly show association that is specifically part-of the Republican party at the end of the film that is representing a dumb or very bad character's future in a way that is not conducive to being acceptable to entertainment culture by your assessment of what "acceptable" is.  Then sure I would say that may be 100% as you indicated.  

I imagine you might not find a lot of films if I placed enough criteria on my request.  For instance find some that have 2 males that are depicted as having undesirable behavior in comedic tone that between 30 and 37 minutes after the film begin and, show a depiction of strong association to the Democratic party in a way that I feel is acceptable to modern entertainment culture.

That's vey specific, and obviously is designed that way to eliminate opposing information.  Then once you do offer a film I will bring up TV shows even though I specifically asked for movies.  Then I will offer 10 "more" films and just repeat the one I already offered.

My point here is that avoiding clarifying questions, altering the rules, and then not following them is not exactly a good way to prove your view.  Its plausible, to me, that Democratic associated characters exist in film and are negatively portrayed.  I question how much impact Animal House and Weatherman truly had on election decisions.

As for illegal procedures, I posted the entirety of the PA case and have yet to hear back on what was illegal there.

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #83 - 07/26/21 at 05:32:59

I guess we’re not gonna let this go…..
The characters of Jay and Silent Bob in Dogma are not viewed by the audience as evil or undeserving of their position of influence as Greg in animal house or Brick in Anchorman.

Here’s the parameters then. Fast forward epilogues to show what became of the characters is not uncommon in movies so you should be able to easily find dozens of examples. Show me one where a character in a major movie who’s role to the audience is understood to be abhorrent, evil or a mental case undeserving of his position, and where the epilogue shows them in the future as taking a position in a Democratic administration.

If you were to undertake that challenge, which if you did, you have way to much time on your hands, I doubt you’ll find one. If you did and I felt like wasting my time proving that water is wet, I’d find five more on my side.

And yes, little things like jokes in movies and tv shows do matter, if they didn’t, marketing wouldn’t spend millions on product placement, one liners in shows, etc. In the case of movies, the intent is to relay the understanding that Democratic Party ideology is normal,mainstream and the default position.

IP Logged
MnSpring
Serious Thumper

Younger than most
people my age.

Minn
Reply #84 - 07/26/21 at 08:14:58

WebsterMark wrote on 07/26/21 at 05:32:59:
... the intent is to relay the understanding that Democratic Party ideology is normal,mainstream and the default position.

I agree.
Just yesterday watching the, 'Law & Order' reruns.

At the end of one, the DA and his lead Prosecutor were talking about the last case.
It was in the foyer of a building, both were wearing Tuxes, and the sign on the door behind them said, 'Democratic Club Dinner', and they were (verbally), patting each other on the back stating how 'smart' they were.
Then they went in to that room.

Hmmmm, what political affirmation do you think that showed ?

Now before someone, 'Spins', and another does a 'Drive-By',
Their are 'Political' ""Suggestions"", given in many TV/Movie shows.

The POINT IS,
Lately, (last 15 + years), They are a VERY high number of,
Democrat is good, Republican is bad.

And no amount of defining minutia paramours to the n'th degree,
will change that !

Ben Franklin once said: "If you give up a freedom, for the sake of security, you will have neither".
Which is More TRUE, today, than yesterday.('06, S-40, Stock) well, mostly .
  IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #85 - 07/26/21 at 10:06:07

"Here’s the parameters then. Fast forward epilogues to show what became of the characters is not uncommon in movies so you should be able to easily find dozens of examples. Show me one where a character in a major movie who’s role to the audience is understood to be abhorrent, evil or a mental case undeserving of his position, and where the epilogue shows them in the future as taking a position in a Democratic administration."

Ok so my question is will you bring up TV shows while not accepting them if I do?

Why does it have to be an epilogue, versus a person who is undeserving of their position in current time?

As for my time I already said I will assign others to do this since it is their job.  It will be done alongside people who already work in the industry like IMDB.  

Also my point has been that anyone can pick a movie and put enough parameters on it that no other movie will meet the criteria of matching it's content.  If those parameters must be followed, then the "influence" upon the consumer should be analyzed by only those parameters which means only that movie since no other films match those exact parameters.  Not all other movies and TV shows as well.

If you add in other components to prove your point, other people should be allowed to as well.  Other people being all know humans besides Webstermark.

If I present a challenge that you find a movie where a modern day male is presented as a lifelong screw-up, a Republican, and that they steal political signs between 47 and 57 minutes in the film, what exactly is that proving?  The only thing it proves, with that level of restriction, is that no other movie matches those exact parameters.

What can that level of specifics actually prove unless we start adding in additional data?  What good is the conversation if I hold you to the challenge parameters in exclusivity but use any other data that I choose to support my stance that Republicans are typically idiots in movies?

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #86 - 07/26/21 at 19:47:36

Why does it have to be an epilogue,

Cause I was the one who brought it up to begin with.

IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #87 - 07/27/21 at 05:46:40

"Cause I was the one who brought it up to begin with."

Ok and any comments on the other questions?

If I have to stick to the parameters you place, do you have to as well, or can you add in other media while stating I can only use the parameters for the challenge?

See what I am getting at?  You pose a challenge and want to reinforce it  with content outside of your own parameters.

I'm willing to have the discussion, but if you get to bring in TV shows, so should I.   Your challenge is essentially to find movies that match your parameters and I am wondering how influential those two films really are since they are the only one's we know of that match your parameters.  

I guess my challenge is to show how influential those two movies are by using information only contained within the parameters of your challenge and no other additional information.

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #88 - 07/27/21 at 10:32:23

This whole thing is moot. It’s like going through an exhausting exercise to prove water is wet.

Liberalism dominates Hollywood and the entertainment culture. I contend for every example you could find that disputes that I could find 100 that proves it.

Seriously, I’m done with this.

IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #89 - 07/27/21 at 10:58:09

You presented the challenge, I am just clarifying that it makes little sense to add in data outside the parameters unless you let us do it too.

Us being all known humans besides Webstermark.

Why offer this challenge if you won't follow through?

IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
04/24/24 at 22:32:06

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › Lt. Michael L. Byrd

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.