Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Gun insurance requirement (Read 70 times)
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Gun insurance requirement
07/01/21 at 09:06:42

So no surprise this is starting in CA.

https://dailycaller.com/2021/07/01/san-jose-california-gun-insurance-yearly-f...

This is one of those entry to gun control types of legislation MnSpring has commented on in the past.  Interesting that allegedly those who can not pay would not be required. I wonder how that will be decided.

I understand the logic of the law, but I am also interested in the opposing legal arguments.

IP Logged
MnSpring
Serious Thumper

Younger than most
people my age.

Minn
Re: Gun insurance requirement
Reply #1 - 07/02/21 at 08:45:49

PROOF,
The UL, Fairy Dust Sprinklers are DFI’s.
Calf wants to make a law,
That someone, 'Has To’,
Unless they, don’t have to, because they are, ‘poor’.
And the people that can afford to do the, ‘Have To’,
Are NOT the people that abuse the thing the, ‘HAVE TO’, is meant to stop.
It is the people that,
        DON’T HAVE TO,
that DO the thing that is meant to stop.

Unlike the Adults, in Dallas TX.
Where Ordinance 27189 “… the law granted  authority to the police officers to tow and impound vehicles that they stop for any alleged violation of city or state law if the owner or operator of the vehicle failed to provide evidence of financial responsibility as required by the Texas Transportation Code.”

Which HAS,  tremendously slowed down the, ‘Un-Insured motorist’, problem plaguing everywhere else. Because they can NOT get their car back, until they Prove insurance !

Ben Franklin once said: "If you give up a freedom, for the sake of security, you will have neither".
Which is More TRUE, today, than yesterday.('06, S-40, Stock) well, mostly .
  IP Logged
MnSpring
Serious Thumper

Younger than most
people my age.

Minn
Reply #2 - 07/02/21 at 08:49:36

Quote:
Eegore wrote on 07/01/21 at 09:06:42:
" ...   I understand the logic of the law, ... "

Can you explain,
what you feel is 'logical' about what you posted ?

Ben Franklin once said: "If you give up a freedom, for the sake of security, you will have neither".
  IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #3 - 07/02/21 at 08:57:15

When leftist say they’re have no plans on taking everyone’s gun; they’re lying. Like most of their agenda, it won’t pass legislative actions so they use their army of bureaucrats.

IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #4 - 07/02/21 at 22:00:47

"Can you explain,
what you feel is 'logical' about what you posted ?
"

Similar to your TX auto-insurance information.  People who drive commit a larger amount of money, repeatedly, into the maintenance of roads, enforcement of laws and development of safety features like traffic control devices, guardrails etc.

Gun owners, through insurance can provide additional funding for the impacts to the general public that gun usage, like murder, causes.  This is about as fair as requiring me to pay higher auto insurance because there are more DUI's in my area - which is actually what happens.

The logic, to me, that insurance on any item will provide more funding for managing that item's impact, makes sense.  Basically if I collect more money, I have more money.

IP Logged
MnSpring
Serious Thumper

Younger than most
people my age.

Minn
Reply #5 - 07/03/21 at 09:09:26

“…Second Amendment protects the rights of Americans to own guns…”
“…But [it] doesn’t require taxpayers to subsidize gun ownership…”

Years ago humans had to have a blood test before marriage. It determined, among other things, blood type, to inform them of the possibility of a ‘blue baby’.
Today, I pay for the care of a, ‘blue baby’. Where is the marriage tax ?

Someone is hit by lightening on the golf course,  the EMT’s and others respond. Where is the Golf Tax ?

Someone is hiking in the back woods, get’s lost/hurt, needs the search and rescue at tremendous cost. Where is the Hiking Tax ?

Someone swimming gets in trouble in a Ocean/pool/river/lake/bathtub/etc. Where is the Swimmer Tax ?

A ‘Gang Banger’ stabs a kills a bunch of  people, that is a tremendous about of resources, investigating.
Where  is the, ‘Gang Banger’, Tax ???????

If I don’t have a abortion, (or the cause of one), why am I forced to pay for them.
Which 95+% of the Killing, is just for birth control CONNIVENCE ? Where is the Abortion Tax ?

And on, and on and on and on.

The possibility of something happening with everything, and response to help/fix the problem, is born by everybody.
The people that work and pay taxes, PAY for all those things.
They pay higher premiums, because of those that are to lazy to work or those that cannot work.

A person does not pay a ‘extra’, tax because they sky dive, scuba dive, rock climb, golf, swim, pay football,  and the hundreds of other activities that can be done.        
            So why does someone that has a firearm, need to pay a extra tax.

Golly Gee Wally, could it be it has NOTHING TO DO, ‘paying a fee’.
And has everything to do with, PUNISHING/PREVENTING ??????????

If I don’t have a car/MC driven on public property, I do not Have to pay insurance for those who DO NOT pay insurance.
If I don’t buy gas for something driven on public property, I don’t have to pay for public road matainence etc.
(Many people do, simply because they don’t know how gas that has, ‘road tax’, used for a lawn mower/snowblower/tractor/etc, when  proven,  can be gotten back.)

Your analogy of car ins, is horrible !
It has NOTHING to do with:
Eegore wrote “… People who drive commit a larger amount of money, repeatedly, into the maintenance of roads, enforcement of laws and development of safety features like traffic control devices, guardrails etc….”
It had to do with intelligent people, taking a car, because of no insurance, and NOT giving it back until it was insured.
WHICH reduced insurance cost for those who pay !
But yea, great attempt at another Spin.

A car/truck/MS, has a higher insurance rate because of the,  ‘UN-Insured Motorist’.
One is FORCED to pay for the CHEATS that do NOT pay.  

But Wait !  
Eegore wrote on 07/01/21 at 09:06:42:
" ...   I understand the logic of the law, ... "

IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #6 - 07/03/21 at 11:32:11

Your analogy of car ins, is horrible !
It has NOTHING to do with:
Eegore wrote “… People who drive commit a larger amount of money, repeatedly, into the maintenance of roads, enforcement of laws and development of safety features like traffic control devices, guardrails etc….”

So people that pay insurance do not commit more money?  How is this accurate?

It had to do with intelligent people, taking a car, because of no insurance, and NOT giving it back until it was insured.
WHICH reduced insurance cost for those who pay !
But yea, great attempt at another Spin.

I am saying you reference law about car insurance.  

The rate drop is possible because there is a larger pool of money, since people have to pay insurance to legally use the vehicles in specific situations.

By that logic and that logic alone:  Collecting more money, means there is more money.  

So if there is a law that requires gun insurance and money is collected, there will be more money.  Gee Wally if only I said that before:

The logic, to me, that insurance on any item will provide more funding for managing that item's impact, makes sense.  Basically if I collect more money, I have more money.

« Last Edit: 07/03/21 at 17:09:20 by Eegore »  
  IP Logged
MnSpring
Serious Thumper

Younger than most
people my age.

Minn
Reply #7 - 07/04/21 at 10:03:52

Eegore wrote on 07/03/21 at 11:32:11:
" ...   The logic, to me, that insurance on any item will provide more funding for managing that item's impact, makes sense. ... "

Good to know you are in favor of applying a extra TAX,
(above the one everyone already pays)
to anyone that,  sky dives, scuba dives, rock climbs, golfs, swims, pay football, owns a firearm, and the hundreds of other activities that can be done.        

What would you suggest the extra tax be for, watching TV.
Or would that be only for watching certain TV stations,
and others would be, 'free' ?

IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #8 - 07/04/21 at 10:38:17

"Good to know you are in favor of applying a extra TAX,
(above the one everyone already pays)
to anyone that,  sky dives, scuba dives, rock climbs, golfs, swims, pay football, owns a firearm, and the hundreds of other activities that can be done."

Can you point out where in any capacity I said I was in favor or agreed with anything in this thread?

The problem is the hypersensitivity to opinion other than an absolute "no" to something someone does not like.  This is similar to the "lock step" argument.  Understanding the logic of something is not equal to supporting it.

I understand the logic of striking the Pacific Fleet at Pearl Harbor but do not support the actions.  This concept is very important to winning battles.  If one can not think like the enemy and can only vilify their actions as incomprehensible you will always be on the reactive.  

So I understand the logic of gun insurance.  More money contributed means more money available.  Why is this so hard to grasp?  It's because  of this idea that anything besides "no" to any gun control measure can only mean I am pro-gun control.  Just like this idea that any modification to the 2nd Amendment can only mean gun control which we all know is complete nonsense.

« Last Edit: 07/04/21 at 12:13:11 by Eegore »  
  IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #9 - 07/05/21 at 04:21:32

There are 300 - 400 million guns in the US. A tiny, tiny fraction are used in crimes and, by definition, are used illegally. I’m not paying insurance because our political leaders are too cowardly to act on the laws currently in place and have so neutered law enforcement that they fear from their lives and jobs so they do not take proactive steps to take illegal guns off the street.

IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #10 - 07/07/21 at 09:06:07

"I’m not paying insurance because our political leaders are too cowardly to act on the laws currently in place and have so neutered law enforcement that they fear from their lives and jobs so they do not take proactive steps to take illegal guns off the street"

I'd like to think the same way about it but getting rid of any registered firearm and trying to replace it with unregistered seems like more of a hassle if I ever use one.  Luckily I don't have to go to any ranges but I do from time to time so people can fire some of my less-common firearms.  I imagine at that time insurance would be checked but who knows.

I am still interested in seeing the legal basis for arguing against this proposal.

IP Logged
MnSpring
Serious Thumper

Younger than most
people my age.

Minn
Reply #11 - 07/07/21 at 09:35:27

Eegore wrote on 07/07/21 at 09:06:07:
" ...   I am still interested in seeing the legal basis for arguing against this proposal.

Would be just as interesting to see the legal basis for arguing against a Tax for ownership of the things required, or doing:
...  skydiving, scuba diving, rock climbing, golf, swimming, football, basket ball, baseball, abortion, and the hundreds of other activities that can be done.      

Wonder if the idea of,
'I got mine, you can't have yours'
has anything to do with a opinion ?

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #12 - 07/07/21 at 10:37:26

Use the same arguments leftist use when arguing against “ultrasound before an abortion” laws and just change some words around.

IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #13 - 07/07/21 at 11:57:05

"Would be just as interesting to see the legal basis for arguing against a Tax for ownership of the things required, or doing:
...  skydiving, scuba diving, rock climbing, golf, swimming, football, basket ball, baseball, abortion, and the hundreds of other activities that can be done. "

Possibly but since there isn't legislation posed to tax these I am more interested in the court cases that exist.

"Wonder if the idea of,
'I got mine, you can't have yours'
has anything to do with a opinion ?
"

Maybe.  A lot of the people that are pro-gun legislation indicate they also do not own firearms, since they aren't needed.

Also can you point out where in any capacity I said I was in favor or agreed with any legislation proposals in this thread?

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
04/26/24 at 00:29:08

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › Gun insurance requirement

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.