Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Smell like dog pop? Yea, smells like dog poop. (Read 112 times)
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Smell like dog pop? Yea, smells like dog poop.
06/29/21 at 10:29:39

Smells like an armed insurrection to me and against the President no less. A blockade on the White House with the goal of forcing a change to a legislative action. Arrests were made and presumably they’ll be held without bail. I assume the FBI is circulating videos and asking family members to turn in those who got away. Oh members of Congress involved as well. I assume impeachment proceedings will begin immediately against those congressional insurrectionist.

Sunrise Activists Arrested Over 'No Climate, No Deal' Blockade of White House
"President Biden has been failing us," Sunrise Movement executive director Varshini Prakash said about the administration's recent comments on the infrastructure package.
Dozens of youth activists with the Sunrise Movement were arrested by Secret Service agents on Monday while blockading all 10 entrances of the White House to demand that President Joe Biden and federal lawmakers deliver an infrastructure package that invests in job creation and combats the climate emergency.
The demonstrators had three core demands: stop negotiating with Republican politicians who don't care about climate action; meet with Sunrise executive director Varshini Prakash and other youth organizers who handed Democrats control of the White House and Congress; and pass a bold jobs and climate package that includes a fully funded Civilian Climate Corps (CCC).
The blockade at the White House and resulting arrests followed a march and rally of more than 500 activists and congressional Green New Deal champions—Reps. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (D-N.Y.), Jamaal Bowman (D-N.Y.), and Cori Bush (D-Mo.). It also comes after Biden and lawmakers announced a $579 billion bipartisan compromise on infrastructure last week.

IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Re: Smell like dog pop? Yea, smells like dog poop.
Reply #1 - 06/29/21 at 11:24:21

I think the difference is an insurrection is to change who is in charge, not to change legislation while leaving the same person in charge.

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #2 - 06/29/21 at 13:45:49

Just wondering, does it hurt to keep trying to hammer that square peg into that round hole?

IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #3 - 06/29/21 at 14:24:52

No more than it does for you.

Are we now saying that an attempt to alter legislation, while leaving the same people in power, is insurrection?

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #4 - 06/29/21 at 14:28:44

I’m saying why are people people who gathered to blockade the White House not considered to be part of an insurrection when the group who is considered armed insurrectionist took selfies?

IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #5 - 06/29/21 at 14:34:38

I don't think the people who took selfies were armed or insurrectionists.  I am not aware of any legal action against those people using the words "armed" or "insurrection".  

The people with weapons, that travelled for the purpose of keeping Trump in power, some by their own admission, are armed insurrectionists by definition.  Those people specifically.

The problem is altering the definitions to meet the needs of one's opinion.

For instance what reason, in this one Jan 06 case, should firearms be required for the definition of "armed" to be used?

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #6 - 06/29/21 at 14:47:42

Eegore wrote on 06/29/21 at 11:24:21:
 I think the difference is an insurrection is to change who is in charge, not to change legislation while leaving the same person in charge.

Eeegore has already made the point perfectly clear.

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
T And T Garage
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #7 - 06/29/21 at 16:38:56

Serowbot wrote on 06/29/21 at 14:47:42:
Eegore wrote on 06/29/21 at 11:24:21:

Eeegore has already made the point perfectly clear.

As he always does.

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #8 - 06/29/21 at 19:34:38

All three of you are delusional if you think Jan 6th meets the definition of an armed insurrection. Get a grip people.

IP Logged
T And T Garage
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #9 - 06/29/21 at 19:37:51

WebsterMark wrote on 06/29/21 at 19:34:38:
All three of you are delusional if you think Jan 6th meets the definition of an armed insurrection. Get a grip people.

It's not just the 3 of us. It's a majority of the Country.

IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #10 - 06/29/21 at 20:10:39

I didn't say "Jan 6th" I said specific individuals.  I will continue to clarify this every time you indicate I ever said all people at the Capitol are criminals or engaged in illegal activity.

The people who travelled there to stop the ceremony for the purpose of keeping Trump in power, were part of an insurrection by definition.  The people that protested, but not for the purpose of altering the outcome, were NOT part of an insurrection.

Again this is an issue of downplaying the acts of those you agree with, while others inflate those same actions because they don't agree.  Why act like every person there took selfies and nobody was "armed" because this one event requires guns to be "armed" while others try to act like every person there was trying to burn the place down.

None of that is true.

Just use actual definitions and actual laws.

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #11 - 06/30/21 at 05:19:02

The people who travelled there to stop the ceremony for the purpose of keeping Trump in power, were part of an insurrection by definition.  

By that definition, the group who swarmed the Senate chambers during the Kavanaugh hearings with the goal to stop a vote that would have gone a different way than they wanted (and actually intimidated one Senator on an elevator into changing a vote) are by your definition, insurrectionist.

IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #12 - 06/30/21 at 08:13:04

"By that definition, the group who swarmed the Senate chambers during the Kavanaugh hearings with the goal to stop a vote that would have gone a different way than they wanted (and actually intimidated one Senator on an elevator into changing a vote) are by your definition, insurrectionist."

So by stopping Kavanaugh's appointment they would have changed the President?

My comparison specifically says keeping Trump in power.  People who travelled to stop a Presidential election process to keep a President in power.  

We could go over the percentage impact the SCOTUS has, since it is significant, and decide if altering the members of the SCOTUS is considered a substantial percentage of leadership change to the US Government as a whole.  Perhaps keeping one member of the SCOTUS from becoming a member is equal to insurrection.

I would say altering Presidential control is for sure insurrection, and SCOTUS could possibly be as well.

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #13 - 06/30/21 at 10:51:57

There was no possibility of an insurrection. This is just complete nonsense.
Everyone knows with absolute certainty if Trump had the lead and Biden supporters showed up that day and did the exact same thing this would be called a mostly peaceful protest. You know that to be true. No one would’ve use the word insurrection and this entire affair would be a distant part of history. No one would be in jail, the FBI would not have posted pictures and websites asking for family members to turn in other members etc.

This was an unfortunate event fabricated by leftist media types into something it wasn’t and you’re just falling for it.

IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #14 - 06/30/21 at 11:02:43

"There was no possibility of an insurrection. This is just complete nonsense."

I agree that there was no possibility.  Again, I am saying people, specific humans, who travelled there to stop the process for the purpose of keeping Trump in power were part of an insurrection.  One that could have never succeeded, but by definition, an insurrection specific to those humans engaging in those actions.

The people, specific humans, that had weapons, were armed.  Combining the act of insurrection with the act of having a weapon means that those specific humans were armed insurrectionists.

I don't care what the "news" has to say.  Yes it's overblown, but on the same side changing definitions to downplay the acts of people who actually committed crimes is just as bad.  Some people assaulted the police, to say they only took selfies is wrong.  Factually incorrect and ethically unsound.

To imprison people for insurrection if they were protesting is equally wrong.

This downplay of the specific actions of specific people is just as nonsensical as anyone claiming all the people there were insurrectionists.

"This was an unfortunate event fabricated by leftist media types into something it wasn’t and you’re just falling for it."

And the people that admit, in texts, media posts, video, that they went to stop the election and keep Trump in power?  Also fabricated leftist media, or just people saying what they did and why? 

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
04/25/24 at 03:34:34

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › Smell like dog pop? Yea, smells like dog poop.

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.