Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Things that make you go hmmm? (Read 117 times)
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Things that make you go hmmm?
06/16/21 at 08:06:32

IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Re: Things that make you go hmmm?
Reply #1 - 06/16/21 at 08:26:28

"In short, what did the federal government know in advance about 1/6, when did they know it — and how far did any undercover operations go?"

This is a good start.

I have noticed the parallels to the Whitmer operation but due to the requirement that people actually read information to discuss it I didn't think it useful to bring up on this forum.

As for things like this:

Fox was reportedly struggling with money and had been on the brink of homelessness after his girlfriend kicked him out of her house, before being taken in by his friend and employer, who let him stay temporarily in the basement of his vacuum store. It was there in that cramped storage space, cluttered with boxes and spare vacuum parts, where Fox was living with his two dogs and meager possessions, that he at one point held a meeting to allegedly plan out the kidnapping.

Don't care.  Planning a kidnapping is illegal no matter your economic status or how many dogs you have to keep fed.

Scrutinizing the level of influence Federal operatives have in domestic groups is necessary.  Trying to reduce accountability of criminal behavior is not.

More info here:

https://static.politico.com/e5/1d/aa6277a242e0af889ec06f7e4a12/michiganaffida...

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #2 - 06/16/21 at 09:19:28

The danger of the slippery slope is using government agencies as a vehicle to secure political power.

For example, the current attorney general announces he’ll actively investigate and prosecute election audits that in his view, put the integrity of an election into question.

Undercover agents infiltrating gangs and alerting authorities when major operations are about to take place are a time honored and welcomed strategy in law-enforcement. Having never done that work of course but I can still imagine it’s easy to get caught up in everything and perhaps carry things too far in your role as a gang member.

That’s a far cry from perhaps organizing, strategizing, and assigning roles to perpetrators that essentially involve opposition political party members  in a negative way that would benefit your (or your bosses) political party. That’s what’s alleged here.

IP Logged
T And T Garage
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #3 - 06/16/21 at 12:48:57

Doesn't really make you go "hmmm"

This is a conjecture piece.  

"If the narrative about 1/6 does not conform to the questions above..."

"If it turns out the federal government did in fact have undercover agents or confidential informants embedded within the so-called militia groups....."

"If it turns out that the federal government (FBI, Army Counterintelligence, or a similar agency) had undercover agents or confidential informants embedded in any of the groups involved in 1/6,..."

"It is unsettling to entertain the possibility that the federal government knew of a potential for violence on 1/6 and did nothing to stop it."

"However, the possibility that the federal government had undercover operatives or informants involved in the events of 1/6, from its planning to its execution, compels us to turn our attention to the second category of participants"

"If it turns out that an extraordinary percentage of the members of these groups involved in planning and executing the Capitol Siege were federal informants or undercover operatives, the implications would be nothing short of staggering."

I wouldn't pin much hope on this being an "inside job" or it being the FBI trying to "take down trump".

This is a perfect example of Occam's razor.  The simplest explanation is usually the best one:

Feeble minded trump supporters thought they had the right to storm the Capitol building and try to overthrow the electoral vote count.  Some of them went there to inflict harm on democrats.  Others were just plain caught up in the action.  They were all brainwashed by trump into thinking that the election was somehow stolen - even though there is zero proof to this day.  It's easy to sway those with weak minds who want to live in their own bubble.

But all of them were guilty.

IP Logged
T And T Garage
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #4 - 06/16/21 at 12:49:33

Eegore wrote on 06/16/21 at 08:26:28:
"In short, what did the federal government know in advance about 1/6, when did they know it — and how far did any undercover operations go?"

This is a good start.

I have noticed the parallels to the Whitmer operation but due to the requirement that people actually read information to discuss it I didn't think it useful to bring up on this forum.

As for things like this:

Fox was reportedly struggling with money and had been on the brink of homelessness after his girlfriend kicked him out of her house, before being taken in by his friend and employer, who let him stay temporarily in the basement of his vacuum store. It was there in that cramped storage space, cluttered with boxes and spare vacuum parts, where Fox was living with his two dogs and meager possessions, that he at one point held a meeting to allegedly plan out the kidnapping.

Don't care.  Planning a kidnapping is illegal no matter your economic status or how many dogs you have to keep fed.

Scrutinizing the level of influence Federal operatives have in domestic groups is necessary.  Trying to reduce accountability of criminal behavior is not.

More info here:

https://static.politico.com/e5/1d/aa6277a242e0af889ec06f7e4a12/michiganaffida...

As always - great points Eegore!

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #5 - 06/17/21 at 04:47:31

Let’s keep focus on the most dangerous threat the the Republic since the Civil War.

Don’t you think the precise role played by federal agents and informants should be available for review?

The video of the infamous horn hat guy and one other guy sitting down in the Senate chambers does not exactly strike fear in the heart of The Republic. Yet, at least one of these guys is held without bail because he’s such a threat. The guy sitting at Pelosi’s desk is a bigger threat than OsamaBinLaden was? Does anyone believe that?

Here’s a question; which is more believable?

One: Influential members of 2 or 3 conservative groups planned a poorly thought out armed insurrection on the US Government that had zero chance of accomplishing anything. They recruited enough people to attend the Trump speech to entice hundreds of unsuspecting fellow speech attendees to leave Trump’s speech and try to take over the government. Once inside with little police presence, they took selfies and souvenirs.

Two: Tensions were running high in thousands of attendees to Trump’s speech and since they basically worship this guy, they spontaneously marched to the Capitol in protest and got carried away. Once inside, with little police presence, they took selfies and souvenirs.

Three: Influential politicians and senior agents in the FBI played some serious 3-D Chess and thought up a plot to use embedded agents in right wing groups to riot at Trump’s Jan 6 speech as a way to totally discredit Trump going forward but the plan got out-of-control and went to far by planning a March on the Capitol. Once there, embedded agents took things too far and broke in. Once inside, with little police presence and realizing their mistakes, the agents left, but  the others took selfies and souvenirs.

Two most likely. One would be close second. Third would be the most serious threat to The Republic since The Civil War.

IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #6 - 06/17/21 at 05:27:16

"Don’t you think the precise role played by federal agents and informants should be available for review?"

Yes but not public review.  No part of investigations that could impede current operations should be made public.

The video of the infamous horn hat guy and one other guy sitting down in the Senate chambers does not exactly strike fear in the heart of The Republic. Yet, at least one of these guys is held without bail because he’s such a threat. The guy sitting at Pelosi’s desk is a bigger threat than OsamaBinLaden was? Does anyone believe that?

Did anyone say that?  I'm pretty sure a lot more resources went to killing Bin Laden than would ever go to capturing horn-guy.  If less initiative was placed on Bin Laden than on horn-guy I could see your point.

"Here’s a question; which is more believable?"

I agree with your assessment however there is a lot of pre-incident indicators for option 1.  Why would people from out of DC go to this particular speech have the gear they brought with them or purchased in DC when they arrived?  Spontaneously bought riot gear months before and brought it to DC with me for a speech?

These people went there to stop the election.  They might not have known how, but they posted they were going for that reason, they texted   saying it, so the spontaneity aspect is limited to the location and time but not intent.  

The majority there, the one's that protested and left for instance, were not pre-planning anything.  

Now if Federal operations influenced this and made serious miscalculations that is indeed an issue.  However I do agree with T&T on this one in regards to the evidence, at this time, to be highly theoretical.

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #7 - 06/17/21 at 06:41:05

Yes but not public review.  No part of investigations that could impede current operations should be made public.

Really? You trust the FBI and current Washington DC bureaucracy that much?

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #8 - 06/17/21 at 06:55:09

I agree with your assessment however there is a lot of pre-incident indicators for option 1.  Why would people from out of DC go to this particular speech have the gear they brought with them or purchased in DC when they arrived?  Spontaneously bought riot gear months before and brought it to DC with me for a speech?

Have you been to a Trump speech before? Do you have any idea how many people are there in military fatigues with various levels of protective equipment with them? That's like asking why antifa shows up with helmets, googles and umbrellas everywhere they go. It's who they are. Same with a lot of these people; it's who they are. I wouldn't do that and i don't own that, but many do. And if what you say is true that the fact they had gear with them was evidence this was planned in advance, I guarantee a majority of those people own multiple guns and other weapons. If this was planned, why didn't they find guns on these people. I thought i read they found exactly two. I don't think your reasoning holds up in this case.

These people went there to stop the election.  They might not have known how, but they posted they were going for that reason, they texted   saying it, so the spontaneity aspect is limited to the location and time but not intent.  

The majority there, the one's that protested and left for instance, were not pre-planning anything.  
True. Hardly an armed insurrection.

Now if Federal operations influenced this and made serious miscalculations that is indeed an issue.  However I do agree with T&T on this one in regards to the evidence, at this time, to be highly theoretical.

Much like covid could have never started in a lab theory, its becoming more real every day. Why don't you consider how many 'truths' were told, specifically about Trump, that turned out to be false. Russiagate? Bounties on troops that Trump ignored? Peaceful protesters teargassed for a photo op? And now the "evidence" is a armed insurrection organized and carried out by right wing dangerous militia groups?

IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #9 - 06/17/21 at 07:55:32

No, but I can't imagine its a good idea to disclose undercover operatives identities while they are within criminal organizations, nor should the operational strategies be disclosed to criminal organizations.

Crimes are committed in the military and are investigated but they do not need to provide "public" review of all aspects, like SF Operator's names, theatre of duty, tactics, contacts and support mechanisms to solve said criminal activity.

Given the state of garbage information transferred as fact across the current US civilian population I for one don't think many would even read the entirety of any FBI report and create an accurate assessment.  

Lastly how will the public enforce the wrongdoings if a conclusion could even be made?  Another protest?  Public executions?  Peaceful transfer of Presidential power?

IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #10 - 06/17/21 at 08:07:11

"It's who they are. Same with a lot of these people; it's who they are."

I very specifically indicated the people who purchased the equipment for the purpose of stopping the election, by means of communicating by their own words on their own technology on their own online accounts and phones.

"They might not have known how, but they posted they were going for that reason, they texted   saying it, so the spontaneity aspect is limited to the location and time but not intent."

"True. Hardly an armed insurrection."

This goes back to why, in this case, do there need to be firearms to be "armed" when in all other definitions a firearm is not required?

Much like covid could have never started in a lab theory, its becoming more real every day. Why don't you consider how many 'truths' were told, specifically about Trump, that turned out to be false.

Russiagate?

I never said any of that was true.

Bounties on troops that Trump ignored?

Peaceful protesters teargassed for a photo op?

I very specifically said that was very unlikely.  The methods were not consistent with SS applications.  The equipment, yes, methods, no.

And now the "evidence" is a armed insurrection organized and carried out by right wing dangerous militia groups?

Possible, yet we need to get past the moral evaluation process requirement in order to more accurately classify "right wing" to begin with.  Also I do not think firearms are a requirement to legally define "armed".

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #11 - 06/17/21 at 08:32:19

Eegore wrote on 06/17/21 at 07:55:32:

No, but I can't imagine its a good idea to disclose undercover operatives identities while they are within criminal organizations, nor should the operational strategies be disclosed to criminal organizations.

Crimes are committed in the military and are investigated but they do not need to provide "public" review of all aspects, like SF Operator's names, theatre of duty, tactics, contacts and support mechanisms to solve said criminal activity.

Given the state of garbage information transferred as fact across the current US civilian population I for one don't think many would even read the entirety of any FBI report and create an accurate assessment.  

Lastly how will the public enforce the wrongdoings if a conclusion could even be made?  Another protest?  Public executions?  Peaceful transfer of Presidential power?

Same logic if US did in fact fund research that lead to Covid? To risky to other legitimate research operations to reveal extent of biological research? And with whom?

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #12 - 06/17/21 at 08:39:15

Eegore wrote on 06/17/21 at 08:07:11:
"It's who they are. Same with a lot of these people; it's who they are."

I very specifically indicated the people who purchased the equipment for the purpose of stopping the election, by means of communicating by their own words on their own technology on their own online accounts and phones.

"They might not have known how, but they posted they were going for that reason, they texted   saying it, so the spontaneity aspect is limited to the location and time but not intent."

"True. Hardly an armed insurrection."

This goes back to why, in this case, do there need to be firearms to be "armed" when in all other definitions a firearm is not required?

Much like covid could have never started in a lab theory, its becoming more real every day. Why don't you consider how many 'truths' were told, specifically about Trump, that turned out to be false.

Russiagate?

Bounties on troops that Trump ignored?

Peaceful protesters teargassed for a photo op?

I very specifically said that was very unlikely.  The methods were not consistent with SS applications.  The equipment, yes, methods, no.

And now the "evidence" is a armed insurrection organized and carried out by right wing dangerous militia groups?

Possible, yet we need to get past the moral evaluation process requirement in order to more accurately classify "right wing" to begin with.  Also I do not think firearms are a requirement to legally define "armed".

No, you never said those things were true, but fully half or more of the public believes them to be true. That matters because it’s the implied mandate from that belief that motivates and justifies actions such as possibly using FBI agents to plan a fake insurrection in order to heavily damage an opposing political party. Frankly it’s what started this whole Trump thing to begin with. The “mandate” created by lies and partisanship allowed the FBI to spy on Trump’s campaign and to use false info provided by Hilary’s campaign to created the Russiagate lie to begin with.

The Washington bureaucracy protects itself by any means possible.

IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #13 - 06/17/21 at 12:12:42

"Same logic if US did in fact fund research that lead to Covid? To risky to other legitimate research operations to reveal extent of biological research? And with whom?"

I don't think so.  You are comparing legitimate, as in legal operations to criminal, or illegal ones.  If somehow the security of US covert operatives is in danger by further acknowledging that the US funded research on SARS strains then yes I think publicizing the financial research allocations would be the wrong thing to do.

If undercover researchers will be killed by criminal laboratories because the public needs to see where those undercover researchers are and what they are researching then yeah I would say it's an equal risk.

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #14 - 06/17/21 at 16:43:31

Pretty big assumption on your part to say “legal operations”.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/08/24 at 16:18:03

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › Things that make you go hmmm?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.