Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Front Splash Guard Extender (Read 39 times)
GatorSavage
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Florida
Front Splash Guard Extender
06/15/21 at 18:57:45

Has anyone bought/made a front wheel splash guard extender before?

If the road if even slightly damp my shoes and jeans below the knees are soaking wet after just a few miles due to the water being thrown off the front wheel. I am looking to purchase or do a diy solution to reduce the amount of water splashing my feet and legs (also if it reduces the amount of dirt that gets on my engine that would be a plus). I am not that concerned with how it looks, this would be a much more function over form type of project. I am thinking about buying something like this in the link below:

Has anyone done something like this before and can give me any tips or pointers?

Bike is an 07

https://www.amazon.com/Motorcycle-Extension-Scrambler-2016-2017-2014-2017/dp/...

https://www.amazon.com/Show-Chrome-Accessories-52-937-Extension/dp/B07MNBRCFD...

IP Logged
badwolf
Serious Thumper

Ridin' my Lil'
Bagger - 153k miles
so far

Palm Beach County, FL
Re: Front Splash Guard Extender
Reply #1 - 06/15/21 at 21:04:14

I have a mudflap on the rear of my fender that comes down within 2'' of the road. It does keep the mud or dirt off the engine, BUT it don't do much to keep my legs dry.  I think most of the water comes from side spray from the tire, and the water that gets thrown forward and blown back. And of course road spray from traffic in front of you.
Without faring lowers you just have to live with it.

IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #2 - 06/16/21 at 03:20:37

As Badwolf stated - when the water starts to get some depth to it, the rounded front tire splashes water out the sides and creates a stream that goes toward each shoe.

A fender extender (mudflap) will help with the water that comes straight off the wheel - but the sideways splash actually starts at the front edge of the tire contact patch on the pavement.

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
GatorSavage
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Florida
Reply #3 - 06/21/21 at 13:01:56

Thanks for the responses. I guess there is nothing I can do except keep my rain boots in the rear case  Smiley

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
04/20/24 at 03:28:10

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Front Splash Guard Extender

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.