Gday from Australia (Read 48 times)
DanJa
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Gday from Australia
06/14/21 at 19:56:47

Gday,
I'm Dan. I have recently picked up a 2017 S40. It had been laid down so I have done some repairs (forks, swingarm, pegs, indicators, rear fender and tail light). Still have a decent ding on the tank to deal with.
At 35 it's been my first motorbike for on the road, and first motorbike in more than 10 years, also the last member of my family to get their motorbike license. In searching for info this website always came up and has been so helpful, so thought I would join.
I guess I've always been a Suzuki Bloke. I also have a suzuki mightyboy ute (which ironically has the same stock output as a ls650  Grin

IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Re: Gday from Australia
Reply #1 - 06/14/21 at 20:58:52

Welcome Dan

The first mod I did was to  fix the seat .   I made one 120 mile trip on the factory seat , then went to ebay and got a Harley seat that has the same lines as the Savage.   With a little modifying almost anything is possible !   Wink

The tank is off a GN250 .   It's about 3.5 gallons.   The 305 Kawasaki tank is even bigger but nobody has tried it yet ?

2017_Savage_006.jpg

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see. How far Man's corruption reaches into Organized Religion , we may never know
WWW MMRanch MMRanch   IP Logged
DanJa
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #2 - 06/15/21 at 01:39:19

Thanks MMRanch,
I actually haven't minded the standard seat, but I'm also a cyclist so I guess my butt might be conditioned.
Does that extra 1L really make that much difference to you? I know to go visit my folks in the country I will need to refuel twice on the way Exclaim

s40_004.jpg
  IP Logged
springman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Spring, Texas
Reply #3 - 06/15/21 at 10:53:27

Welcome Danja. Nice looking bike. At 80+ kilometers per gallon of gas I am usually ready for a short stop when the tank is nearing empty. MM with his more comfortable seat I'm sure could go for double the distance between fuel ups. Enjoy.

06 S40 seat mod, airhawk, HD muffler, Shinko 712 140-90-15 rear tire, Shinko 230 front tire, versy cam chain tensioner, Rotella oil, Volar brake pads, EBC clutch & springs
  IP Logged
jcstokes
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com is
very useful

Mauku New Zealand
Reply #4 - 06/15/21 at 12:46:13

160-180km comfortable with a very full tank, 180-200km on reserve, over 200 km pray.

Completely stock 2010 S40, aftermarket rev counter and back pack, Airhawk seat pad
  IP Logged
badwolf
Serious Thumper

Ridin' my Lil'
Bagger - 153k miles
so far

Palm Beach County, FL
Reply #5 - 06/15/21 at 13:34:33

My tank is off a Yamaha V-Star 4.5 gal. It is longer than the stock tank, so I had to build a new seat (on springs ). 200 miles to a tank is normal now. But my butt has a tough time lasting that long as I get older.

IP Logged
springman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Spring, Texas
Reply #6 - 06/16/21 at 08:20:43

I hope to meet you some day Badwolf. It sounds like you and MM have the toughest butts on the forum. From Lancer's place in Oklahoma back to my house in Spring (north Houston), Texas was the furthest I have ever ridden in one day on the S40 and when I finally got home my back side was ready for a soak in the tub. I let it hit reserve once on that ride, and once was enough.

06 S40 seat mod, airhawk, HD muffler, Shinko 712 140-90-15 rear tire, Shinko 230 front tire, versy cam chain tensioner, Rotella oil, Volar brake pads, EBC clutch & springs
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
04/26/24 at 09:07:52

General CategoryThe Cafe › Gday from Australia

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.