I never imagined (Read 56 times)
SoC
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

New Jersey
I never imagined
05/24/21 at 22:00:02

So this evening I am browsing the forum and this add pops up on my screen. I like to think there is some sort of targeted add placement, just wondering who amongst us has a Ferrari they might be looking to sell.

Untitled_036.jpg
  IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Re: I never imagined
Reply #1 - 05/25/21 at 03:21:15

That add banner is a scary thing - it seems to track everything you do.

I can be at work and look something up on my computer - and later that evening when I log onto this forum that add banner will be running adds that are related to what I was looking at on my office computer.  (The IT fellow at work tells me that is because I stay logged onto my Google email account on both computers).

Some of the banner ads are generic - and it is also very likely that you opened something that was related to sports cars on YouTube or eBay........or did some kind of Google search that made them believe you were interested in selling your Ferrari!

I just had a banner add for Sports Bras at Macy's pop up on my banner add........not sure what I was looking at that linked me to that topic! Wink

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
SoC
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

New Jersey
Reply #2 - 05/25/21 at 07:19:27

Dave, What you say about Google mail is true on my part as to leaving it open on my computer and phone. My good buddy who I ride with regularly used to be the Finance Manager at Ferrari of Central Jersey, before he retired and that's who's add it was. I email him regularly about all types of stuff, bikes, cars, skiing. My friend is notorious for being lax in his use of his computer and phone, particularly his android phone, he will load an app for anything.

IP Logged
Fast 650

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Valrico, FL
Reply #3 - 05/25/21 at 08:26:47

There are ads on the this site? I blocked ads years ago when they first started getting so annoying. My router blocks a lot of them, and I run ad blockers and custom hosts files on my pc's to filter out the ones that get past the router. The ad blocker on my phone says that it has blocked nearly a gigabyte of ads. If they want to push ads and burn through my data plan then they can start paying my phone bill for me. Until that happens, I will block every ad possible.  Smiley

IP Logged
jcstokes
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com is
very useful

Mauku New Zealand
Reply #4 - 05/25/21 at 12:43:57

I installed adblockplus on Olfellers advice, don't seem to get ads.

Completely stock 2010 S40, aftermarket rev counter and back pack, Airhawk seat pad
  IP Logged
Zepp

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #5 - 05/25/21 at 13:10:36

Its this.. Im a half IT personal, now retired.. in any case I always installed both an adblock and Ccleaner, on every computer that I let out in my former company!

And ofcourse I always tryed it at home at first!

Then to another thougts.. im still use adblock.. even on this site and on other sites.

My only concerns is.. I like this site.. could my adblock make that this site lose some money, I can always adjuste my Adblock to alow ads on this site.. for the benefits of preserving it as long as there is a Savage/S40 out there.

IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #6 - 05/25/21 at 14:24:00

"My only concerns is.. I like this site.. could my adblock make that this site lose some money, I can always adjuste my Adblock to alow ads on this site.. for the benefits of preserving it as long as there is a Savage/S40 out there."

I agree.

I checked into this a while back and got conflicting answers.  For instance some ad revenue is calculated by "redirects" where someone actually clicks on the ad and gets redirected to another site.

Another is that the ad space is purchased and click amount is based off of overall website traffic, not actual ad clicks.

I am sure there are many ways this revenue calculation can be run.

What happens here I don't know, but I go ahead and click on an ad whenever I use the site on a PC or Tablet since it costs me nothing but two clicks of a mouse.

IP Logged
zipidachimp
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

surrey, b.c.
Reply #7 - 05/25/21 at 21:34:38

This is the first year of the prior 10 I've been here that I've seen an ad.  I shouldn't complain.
Cheers!  Cool

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/17/24 at 16:30:42

General CategoryThe Cafe › I never imagined

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.