Lab or natural? (Read 214 times)
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Re: Lab or natural?
Reply #30 - 05/13/21 at 13:33:28

"I think its something like: orange man good, science man bad."

Typically that is the answer I get.  Nothing specific or "quotes" that aren't actually words that were actually spoken, or written ever.  Again this goes towards how easy it is to blame a figurehead.  Unfortunately the actual problem still exists as the CEO, President, Czar etc. is removed.  

One thing is Webstermark does not historically take offense to questions and get defensive just because a question is asked, and from what I can recall will usually articulate an answer intended to further the conversation.

Versus resorting to name-calling and disbelief that anyone would question a part of a topic that is obviously only to be interpreted one way - and one way only.  That of course is why no research or evidence is needed to know things.

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #31 - 05/13/21 at 15:41:57

I would have either fired him or made somebody else the voice of the NIH once it came clear the liberal media decided to use him as a tool to punish Trump. Fauci enjoyed that. But that’s Trump’s fault, should have dumped him.

Fauci’s consistent mantra that he was following the science when obviously he wasn’t was BS on one hand but on the other hand what else was he going to do? He lied about masks in the beginning in the exact same way Trump downplayed the pandemic in the beginning also to avoid “panic” and should have defended Trump but didn’t.

And Fauci knowingly over-touted the effectiveness of masks repeatedly citing selected studies.

But all this is moot. The work that Trump put in making sure that the vaccines were being manufactured has paid off today since the CDC relaxed their mask guidelines (more due to pressure than science!) Fauci will go back into the shadows where he came from and hopefully pay a little bit closer attention to the funding documents he signs for research.

IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #32 - 05/14/21 at 05:45:39

I know Fauci has gone back and forth, sort of, in regards to masks.  I am not sure what part you refer to as a lie.

I do not think he has a responsibility to defend Trump, even if their tactics were similar.  this to me is no different than me saying if Fauci should resign for downplaying severity so should Trump.

Having sat in multiple incident command centers, and even being sent to DC which was a disaster, I can say there is no simple answer to any of this.  I think this idea that Fauci is responsible for all things NIH and CDC is like saying Trump is responsible for all things US government.

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #33 - 05/14/21 at 07:04:20

We do regularly cut off the head of the snake. Regardless, I would have moved him to the back office.

I have no idea what Fauci knows or doesn't know. It's a little suspicious that he's hanging his hat on the definition of gain of function. And i saw his answer where he said the NIH funded someone other than the Wuhan lab while knowing full well the money went to a group that absolutely was going to use Wuhan. That's like saying you didn't buy a car from Ford, you bought a car from finance company because that's who you send your payments to.

Fauci won't be investigated and it will be a long time before we ever really know the chain of events that brought us Covid.

All we know with certainty is that the Chinese government is to blame.

IP Logged
MnSpring
Serious Thumper

Younger than most
people my age.

Minn
Reply #34 - 05/14/21 at 21:14:44

Quote:
Eegore wrote on 05/14/21 at 05:45:39:
 I do not think he has a responsibility to defend Trump,...

So if you had the power to fire or hire a person.
and that person Constantly Belittled you.
Would you fire them,
or pat them on the back ?

Ben Franklin once said: "If you give up a freedom, for the sake of security, you will have neither".
Which is More TRUE, today, than yesterday.('06, S-40, Stock) well, mostly .
  IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #35 - 05/15/21 at 23:10:37

"So if you had the power to fire or hire a person.
and that person Constantly Belittled you.
Would you fire them,
or pat them on the back ?
"

If I am given only those two choices I would first request a team evaluate the statements of them, and myself for accuracy.  If I am doing things in a way that is facilitating this behavior I need to, as a leader, fix my contribution long before I consider firing or patting anyone.

I would then assess the legality of firing someone based off of my opinion that they are belittling me, seek legal counsel, hold a few ethics boards and then decide if they should be fired based off my opinion.  

I have done this before and it worked out just fine.

What I would not do is expect Fauci to "defend" Trump.  Especially when he knows absolutely nothing about epidemiology and makes profoundly incorrect statements like everything going back to normal by Easter, or that it will Just go away.  I get it, this isn't Trump's field of expertise, but expecting anyone to defend the POTUS even if the POTUS is wrong is a bad idea.

No good leader expects subordinates to enforce poor or good decision making though blind obedience.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/08/24 at 16:29:05

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › Lab or natural?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.