Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Abortion of Downe Syndrome fetuses. (Read 185 times)
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Re: Abortion of Downe Syndrome fetuses.
Reply #15 - 04/18/21 at 07:59:06

"As my high school biology book stated it requires male intervention.
so it is not just a woman's choice."

If a man rapes a female she did not have a choice.  I know people say it's "God's Will" that she be raped, but that, to me, essentially is placing your religion over hers.

Again we can argue human life all day.  This discussion has gone on forever here because people are fluidly exchanging the argument of Choice with Life, and then forgetting we are addressing US law.

Should a woman who is forcibly impregnated by her father have to attempt a live-birth by law?

Is that Choice to be made by someone other than that female?

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #16 - 04/18/21 at 09:43:07

My point is, there are two sides to this coin.
Whatever you believe is your choice.
What a woman believes should be her choice.

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
Matchless G11

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Newfoundland NJ
Reply #17 - 04/19/21 at 16:27:15

If a man rapes a female she did not have a choice.  I know people say it's "God's Will" that she be raped, but that, to me, essentially is placing your religion over hers.

Again we can argue human life all day.  This discussion has gone on forever here because people are fluidly exchanging the argument of Choice with Life, and then forgetting we are addressing US law.

Should a woman who is forcibly impregnated by her father have to attempt a live-birth by law?

Is that Choice to be made by someone other than that female?

[/quote]

First off Eegore I take exception with your comment the it is "God's will" that a woman got raped. I have never heard any Christian say such a thing. .
No It God doesn't will such an evil act.  God however allows us humans to be jerks, We have freedom, whether to obey or to tell off the almighty but this is only limited by our short life span,  and to our ultimate judgement.  

Let's look at the second part of your argument not the so much the idea of rape but the bigger question of Roe.

Let's do a Twilight Zone moment where I become Rod Sterling.

"Imagine if you will, a world where murder is the law of the land, one can snuff out any one at any time for any reason under the sun.
You don't like the grocer down the street, so you stab him at the register.
The gardener ones doesn't like gets thrown in a chipper.
The noisy kids skipping down the street end up in the grill of a Buick.
All of this is done in the letter of the law.
Now imagine some one trying to put a stop to this madness, by ending legal  murder.
But this person is hit with the arguments:
"They will still kill each other,"
"What if someone is burning in their car and you shoot them to put them out of their misery?"
"What if someone is trying to kill you and you defend yourself?

No this is not twilight zone this is real life and the exception(s) in abortion have become the rule.
About 3% of abortions are for  rape or the life of the mother is in danger.
(I would say from my experience the last one, life indanger  makes up the majority of the 3% )

So we have 97% of "I just don't want the kid" .  

Is that worth killing a million a year of healthy babies. For the exception?
"

IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #18 - 04/19/21 at 18:12:19

"First off Eegore I take exception with your comment the it is "God's will" that a woman got raped. I have never heard any Christian say such a thing. .
No It God doesn't will such an evil act.  God however allows us humans to be jerks, We have freedom, whether to obey or to tell off the almighty but this is only limited by our short life span,  and to our ultimate judgement.  
"

I only know about 30 and I am unsure if they are specifically "Christian" however I do know their stance is similar if not exactly "God's Will".  The justification being God wanted the child to exist.  Only 2 responded when I asked if they would be willing to explain their position.  If you want to know more let me know.

"No this is not twilight zone this is real life and the exception(s) in abortion have become the rule.
About 3% of abortions are for  rape or the life of the mother is in danger.
(I would say from my experience the last one, life indanger  makes up the majority of the 3% )

So we have 97% of "I just don't want the kid" .  

Is that worth killing a million a year of healthy babies. For the exception?
"

I see your point and that just leads us to:

Is it ok to legislatively force a woman raped by her father to give birth because other women have abortions for other reasons?

I agree that abuse should be remedied.  The problem is making abortion illegal stops as many abortions as making murder illegal does.  So as I described before we need a way to enforce such law, including incarcerating the offenders.  The US prison system would need to prepare for a moderate influx of pregnant females and the medical security abilities to force them to have babies safely.  But none of this can be discussed much until we answer the question of US law removing Choice.

So to be more specific should US law force all women to attempt a live birth?  Should US law remove their Choice?  Then we can define life, define abuse, prepare enforcement procedures, etc.

IP Logged
MnSpring
Serious Thumper

Younger than most
people my age.

Minn
Reply #19 - 04/20/21 at 08:10:33

Quote:
Eegore wrote on 04/19/21 at 18:12:19:
" ... The problem is making abortion illegal stops as many abortions as making murder illegal does.  ... "

Do you have proof of your statement that:
" ... making abortion illegal stops as many abortions as making murder illegal  ..."
Or is it your belief ?

Just as my belief is, if Abortions were illegal, the number of abortions would go down by 80 + %.
Sure their will be back door, coat-hanger, (like) abortions.
But without the FREE abortions offered for just convenience,
(Paid for by all the taxpayers)
The number would go down very significantly.

Murder is already illegal, so how can you compare ?

Ben Franklin once said: "If you give up a freedom, for the sake of security, you will have neither".
Which is More TRUE, today, than yesterday.('06, S-40, Stock) well, mostly .
  IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #20 - 04/20/21 at 09:18:48

"Do you have proof of your statement that:
" ... making abortion illegal stops as many abortions as making murder illegal  ..."
Or is it your belief ?
"

It is my belief that making anything illegal - without enforcement - stops as many crimes as leaving it legal, or making any other thing illegal.  That is why the rest of my post is in regards to enforcing illegal abortion.  My question however is should law force women to have live births?  Until we answer that everything else is just arguing points of view to justify something that may be infringing on the Judicial procedure or rights of the People.

I do agree that if abortions were made illegal people without the means to get to an illegal clinic or find someone to use other means would most likely have the baby.  In return I think infanticide would rise, but not necessarily in large numbers.  

But again the question I am posing is should US law remove the Choice of a woman regarding giving birth?  Should US law force women to give birth?  

Structurally this is important, without it the ability to provide and fund alternatives is near impossible.

"Murder is already illegal, so how can you compare ?"

I agree.  I was responding to Matchless who proposed that comparison.

IP Logged
Matchless G11

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Newfoundland NJ
Reply #21 - 04/20/21 at 16:32:01

So to be more specific should US law force all women to attempt a live birth?  Should US law remove their Choice?  Then we can define life, define abuse, prepare enforcement procedures, etc.

[/quote]

I don't know about the jailing of pregnant women.
Don't know of any cases that happened in the pre Roe days. I do think the abortion providers should be jailed if they break the law, No ex post facto though.
But just like a junkie getting off drugs it might be a crazy time to break this country of abortion on demand at anytime during the pregnancy.

After all we are still paying for the evils of slavery over 100 years later.

When we came to a time when we discovered a black man was a person not property.

Now were are approaching a time when people are  wakening up and realizing a fetus is also a person..

With over 50 Million abortions in this country since Roe.
I am afraid there may be hell to pay.    

IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #22 - 04/20/21 at 21:12:54

Ok I see your point but I am still wondering if US law should force all, as in every, woman to attempt a live birth?  Should US law remove that choice from them?

Until that is addressed we can't really go into jailing anyone for any reason.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #23 - 04/22/21 at 15:54:53

Error: One of form fields contains text which is considered SPAM, you are warned!
You are only allowed 2 more attempt(s) after which you will be banned as spammer!

How very convenient
My carefully thought out post
Gone..

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #24 - 04/22/21 at 17:03:33

The filter is weird.  A lot of times I just find the word I repeated and misspell it each time.

A bortion.  AAbortion. etc.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
03/29/24 at 08:02:32

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › Abortion of Downe Syndrome fetuses.

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.