Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Is voter suppression 'white supremacy' (Read 41 times)
eau de sauvage
Serious Thumper

Queensland
Is voter suppression 'white supremacy'
04/15/21 at 16:15:11

Bringing this up because JoG has got his knickers in a bunch about being labelled as a white supremacist, trying to turn that into a personal attack and thus have this sort of speech banned.

First some facts: This election was officially deemed to be the most secure ever, which surprised those who were expecting pandemic chaos. It's clear that the States that tried to illegally overturn the election are now suddenly bringing in bills specifically designed to make it more difficult for people of colour.

If you don't vote you have no voice and I would find it difficult to see a more fundamental example of white supremacy in action. You don't need to wear a pointy white hood you just need to be supportive of stopping non white people from voting.

Therefore anyone who supports laws that are plainly designed to stop people voting and those people happen to be predominantly non while, is by definition a white supremacist and I do not apologise if this is not palatable.

As usual Trump already said the quiet part out loud, which was if everyone voted, then the GOP would never get elected to power.

To try and pretend these are just normal laws to stop the election fraud which everybody with any credibility said did not take place, is similar to the defence argument that Derek Chauvin did not murder George Floyd because Floyd died from natural causes that coincidentally happened during the 10 minutes that Chauvin spent killing Floyd.

MAGA! Make the Assholes Go Away
  IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Re: Is voter suppression 'white supremacy'
Reply #1 - 04/15/21 at 17:34:05

Did you read all of the proposals in the bill?

IP Logged
eau de sauvage
Serious Thumper

Queensland
Reply #2 - 04/15/21 at 20:37:37

Eegore wrote on 04/15/21 at 17:34:05:
 Did you read all of the proposals in the bill?

I have not read any of the proposals in order to gather finer detail. Why? Because I don't want to get into the gamey arguments about whether water is allowed to be given to people waiting in line, that's just been sensationalised.

What is more relevant are not the clickbait bits but the meat and potatoes. However we do not need to look at the fine details because it is obvious that the main effect of the new laws being brought in is to supress minority votes under the pretext of 'voter fraud'.

However I predict that this strategy will fail because now that people have tasted their power, by tipping the Senate, and when they voted they *knew*  what it meant, they won't let that go.

The 2022 midterms are going to be very interesting. By all norms the GOP should take back the House. But nothing is normal any longer.

MAGA! Make the Assholes Go Away
  IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #3 - 04/16/21 at 05:37:37

I'd say if a lot of the procedures in Georgia are voter suppression then Colorado has been suppressing votes for decades.  A lot of the proposals are the same or similar to what a number of States already do.

https://legiscan.com/GA/text/SB202/2021

It is not perfect for sure, but I don't exactly see why any and all forms of reducing a timeframe, or expanding ID authentication is equal to "suppression".  With the voter drop box there is not a reduction in access - they didn't even exist a year ago.  However not allowing 24/7 access given advancements in motion-capture tech seems uneccessary.

IP Logged
MnSpring
Serious Thumper

Younger than most
people my age.

Minn
Reply #4 - 04/16/21 at 06:16:07

eau de sauvage wrote on 04/15/21 at 16:15:11:
... This election was officially deemed to be the most secure ever...

A non Citizen repeating,
Exactly What You Are TOLD to say.

Quote:
...now suddenly bringing in bills specifically designed to make it more difficult for people of colour...

Let's see, If a person of White colored skin, is asked for a ID to get on a Airplane, buy booze, rent a hotel room, open a blank account, vote,
(Among the several Hundreds of other reasons),
that is perfectly OK.

Yet if the same thing is asked of, 'a person of colour',
THEN, it is 'White Supremacy".

OK, Got it  

Grin
Grin
Grin
Grin
Grin
Grin Grin Grin Grin

Ben Franklin once said: "If you give up a freedom, for the sake of security, you will have neither".
Which is More TRUE, today, than yesterday.('06, S-40, Stock) well, mostly .
  IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #5 - 04/16/21 at 06:44:32

"Let's see, If a person of White colored skin, is asked for a ID to get on a Airplane, buy booze, rent a hotel room, open a blank account, vote,
(Among the several Hundreds of other reasons),
that is perfectly OK.

Yet if the same thing is asked of, 'a person of colour',
THEN, it is 'White Supremacy"."

I think the primary difference is none of those things except voting are a protected right.  There obviously is more sensitivity towards race from both sides - I feel the race card is pulled out too often, just like calling everyone a Nazi when it does not apply.  

IP Logged
MnSpring
Serious Thumper

Younger than most
people my age.

Minn
Reply #6 - 04/16/21 at 14:12:39

Quote:
Eegore wrote on 04/16/21 at 06:44:32:
" ... none of those things except voting are a protected right.  ... " 

Buying/Owning a Firearm is also a Right.
Yet a ID is Required.

So, if a  person of White colored skin, is asked for a ID to buy a gun,
that is perfectly OK.

Yet if the same thing is asked of, 'a person of color',
THEN, it is 'White Supremacy”.

Oh BTY, their are 12 things/reasons, a person can be Denied the ‘Right’ to purchase a legal firearm.

How many ‘things/reasons’ exist, that a person can be Denied the Right to vote ?

(Even Felons In Jail, can vote in many states !)

Ben Franklin once said: "If you give up a freedom, for the sake of security, you will have neither".
Which is More TRUE, today, than yesterday.('06, S-40, Stock) well, mostly .
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
04/18/24 at 12:20:14

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › Is voter suppression 'white supremacy'

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.