Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 
Send Topic Print
Just bought Savage, carb trouble I think (Read 643 times)
ohiomoto
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

WTF is JOG?
Re: Just bought Savage, carb trouble I think
Reply #75 - 05/07/21 at 11:23:30

DBM, It's the updated 2021 CB1000R and it's $$$.

https://powersports.honda.com/street/standard/cb1000r?year=2021

IP Logged
ohiomoto
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

WTF is JOG?
Reply #76 - 05/07/21 at 18:36:30

The reason the big CB caught my eye is that it reminded me of the Indian FTR 1200 but better looking IMO.  It's less expensive too, but I doubt I'd every buy either.  The FTR concept bike...maybe.   Smiley

FTR 1200 Concept

Production FTR 1200

IP Logged
retro

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

NC
Reply #77 - 05/07/21 at 19:42:39

ohiomoto wrote on 05/06/21 at 20:51:28:
Congrats on the big Rebel.  

They say "You meet the niceast people on a Honda" or something like that.   Wink

https://2.bp.blogspot.com/-vlDgcThRvns/WbakOqcLwKI/AAAAAAACzyg/qdWdgV_YmH4un0...

I have never felt the need for a large displacement bike (as long as we aren't talking about a touring bike) but a large Honda did catch my eye recently.

https://powersports.honda.com/street/standard/-/media/products/family/cb1000r...

Ugh, he certainly didn’t live up to the name. I’m glad it’s all over. Putting that aside..

It’s not really the huge displacement that caught my eye or anything, the speed limit is 99/98…and that’s because it has basically a governor on it. Though, as you know, I do not like going fast…it was the DCT that turned me onto it. I keep going back and forth about “should I have gotten the manual model?” But it’s new tech and I can say I own one, and not worry about having to feather a clutch in traffic…and (!) you can still use paddle shifters on the handlebars and a manual mode…though I will miss rev matching and clutch, it’s fun on twisties and stuff but that’s what buying a second motorcycle is for, though. I almost bought an old school nighthawk but it’s a big seat height. Sad about that because it was beautiful. Whew buddy.

I actually thought about buying a super cub just for fun. But then I realized it doesn’t have a clutch, and I would prefer one instead of DCT on that bike.. C90adventures on YouTube did some awesome stuff on his old school one, he put that thing through hell. You should watch his Canada to Argentina series! Entertaining and really brings out how durable that little bike is.

And that’s a pretty badass bike. If I could fit a CBR, I might go with one in the future, I would like to have a sporty style bike in my collection. I’m probably going to end up with a royal enfield Himalayan more likely in the future if I’m honest, though. I like a good dual sport for a short gal like me haha

'01 Metallic Glacial Blue Savage LS650 | Greenhorn grease monkey
  IP Logged
ohiomoto
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

WTF is JOG?
Reply #78 - 05/08/21 at 05:29:37

The DTC is pretty cool.

I love the old nighthawks.  The retro Super Cubs are cool but at that point you're better off on the Savage IMO.  I just don't think you're going to see the 60 mph top speed on the Super Cub.   There are so many cool bikes out there.

IP Logged
retro

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

NC
Reply #79 - 05/08/21 at 16:45:45

ohiomoto wrote on 05/08/21 at 05:29:37:
The DTC is pretty cool.

I love the old nighthawks.  The retro Super Cubs are cool but at that point you're better off on the Savage IMO.  I just don't think you're going to see the 60 mph top speed on the Super Cub.   There are so many cool bikes out there.  

Oh for super cub I was talking aesthetics lol. Of course it would be slow, but fun lol

'01 Metallic Glacial Blue Savage LS650 | Greenhorn grease monkey
  IP Logged
Zepp

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #80 - 05/10/21 at 05:02:57

retro wrote on 05/06/21 at 19:31:24:
Zepp wrote on 05/06/21 at 13:44:33:
Its this, you have tried and then sold the bike.
You have probably learned something.. and even about carburators.
In any way you are a big guy/heavy weigt, it seldome compromise the top speed, it only take more time.

Its come to the purpose of owning a bike and in with conditions one like to ride.

In any way.. Im retired, moste of my friends too.. and some have Harleys, others got Ducatis or Triumph and one have a Suzuki GSX 1400.. he want a muscel bike.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Suzuki_GSX1400

Its still this.. whats the purpose of riding a bike?

And I can put up some sugestions.. its a nice thing to do, ( you have alredy experianced this), comuting in good wheather, (or bad) riding whit friends.. or to make new friends that altso like to go biking.

To that, biking is a kind of cultural thing altso.. style, ( wona look like a "real biker"), purpose, your friends goes long trips on heavy cruisers, or juste shows up and "shows of" to make everone other to be amased.. and there are more to that!

I have not many friends, if I’m honest. Not because I’m unpopular or a loser, but making friends as an adult is hard because of scheduling. None that ride and none that really are near me. I want a bike I can do a few trips on and commute with!  I just like to wear my protective gear. Not leather or look like a biker. I’m not into clubs, gangs or cliques. Though I think it would be fun to ride with someone one day. That would be a dream!
I actually put down a deposit on a 2021 Honda Rebel 1100 DCT today with the money I got from the bike, I also paid off a loan. So in august, I will be getting my new bike. If anyone would like, I can post about how it feels and the concept and experience of DCT? If they are interested of course…I don’t want to waste anyone’s time. But I know you’re a curious lot haha. And I don’t want anyone thinking that I chose this bike over the other because it’s better or something. They’re both good bikes! I’ve sat on the bike I’m buying (not the exact one, but the same model) but haven’t ridden it. It is as light weight as the Savage. The rebel I sat on sold before I sold my bike and they are so popular they keep selling out, hence the deposit and two month wait  :'(

But if I can contain at least a little bit of patience, hopefully I’ll be hitting the road again soon.  Grin

Its this Im retierd now,, no friends exept those on facebook, older and newer biker friends and my brothers and sisters.

In any way if I put out my bike, driving along those roads and stop at those places.. that bikers do, there are a lot of friends.. bikers!

They are often younger then I is. in anyway, some of them ask me about my bike!

And then.. I tell them the whole story.. or not.. preferably one is invitated  to sit att the same table.

Its this, one can always go  for a run, and get some new friends even if its for a short time.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
04/19/24 at 05:53:48

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Just bought Savage, carb trouble I think

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.