Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
My savage! (Read 196 times)
Zepp

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

My savage!
03/31/21 at 11:00:34

To day it was wooping over 10 centigrades.
So I took my bike out and started it!

IP Logged
Zepp

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Re: My savage!
Reply #1 - 03/31/21 at 11:46:08

Nice, the picture come trough!
In any way, look att the blue parts!
Its a 2000 garage Queen, very low milage!
There is a Leo Vince Silvertail slip on exhauste on it.
And some leather bags and other things, that I like, its retro kind of look that I like! I probably wouldnt buy them my self, but I getting used to them.
The topic that I is concerned about is the blue parts of my exhauste system.. it aperade next summer and I didnt drain the carburator or the tank.. let say it comes frome klogged carburator, on startup, in spring!
Any suggestion on that?

And to another topic, there is a mild swetting of oil or others betwen the cylinder and the top, nothing big!
Im reading about the oil leaking frome the top.. but that muste be another issue?
To that.. I still use Internet and find used LS 650 for sale, I dont need one more, but they seems to have the same "swetting" betwen cylinder and the top?
Anyone, is there a problem, mayby doing first service, tightening the head bolts.. I think nobody do this!
Becuse my 2000 Savage Garage Queen, dont even match up this milage?

IP Logged
ohiomoto
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

WTF is JOG?
Reply #2 - 03/31/21 at 17:34:45

Nice looking stocker there.

IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #3 - 03/31/21 at 20:27:10

HI Zepp

I found out a few years ago that SEA FOAM fuel system cleaner not only dissolves the crystalized fuel deposits --- but --- it will keep those despots from forming in the first place.    
So ,
Use SEA FOAM or fuel preservative in the fall of the year , then SEA FOAM  again in the spring .

That Black and Gray sure looks nice on your bike !   Cool

« Last Edit: 04/01/21 at 14:07:55 by MMRanch »  

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see. How far Man's corruption reaches into Organized Religion , we may never know
WWW MMRanch MMRanch   IP Logged
Zepp

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #4 - 04/02/21 at 03:43:15

ohiomoto wrote on 03/31/21 at 17:34:45:
Nice looking stocker there.

Yeah.. I probably did get lucky to find this garage queen for about 2000 dollars?
To that.. all the blue parts is my fault, didnt drain the carburator or the tank in winter.

IP Logged
Zepp

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #5 - 04/02/21 at 04:33:22

MMRanch wrote on 03/31/21 at 20:27:10:
HI Zepp

I found out a few years ago that SEA FOAM fuel system cleaner not only dissolves the crystalized fuel deposits --- but --- it will keep those despots from forming in the first place.    
So ,
Use SEA FOAM or fuel preservative in the fall of the year , then SEA FOAM  again in the spring .

That Black and Gray sure looks nice on your bike !   Cool

You told me about Seafoame last year, but I cant buy it in Sweden.
In any case.. im dedicatet, to what ever to make my Savage last as long as I still can ride!
Except mayby drain my carburator and tank over the long winter?
Its all my own fault.. being to lazy
And thats gonna make me to let my local MC shop take a further examination to my carburator, if its clogged or not?
I put a can of STP total fuel cleaning in my tank.. hope it do somthing god?
And about Seafoame, It dont compensate for beeing a lazy bum, but it have some positve issues!
In this Youtube Kilmer rants about Seafome!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a6pHSn8lLAQ&ab_channel=ScottyKilmer
To that, I think he got moste of it right, its a preservative, could even get rid of carbon resiudied  in the enging, thats good enough!
To another topic, I love the black an gray, it marige to the black leather things put on my bike !

Another question.. is there any chanse to polisch of at least the blue on my exhauste pip?

IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #6 - 04/02/21 at 07:06:02

Hay Zep

How "Free-Flowing "  is your exaust system ?    You ever had it off and looked into it ?   Huh

That Blue looks like the back-up from an obstruction to me ???   But I'm not there first hand to see it up close either.  

The Blue close to the head puzzles me.   The head pipe is double walled to prevent the heat from reaching the outside pipe.

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see. How far Man's corruption reaches into Organized Religion , we may never know
WWW MMRanch MMRanch   IP Logged
Zepp

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #7 - 04/03/21 at 04:23:40

MMRanch wrote on 04/02/21 at 07:06:02:
Hay Zep

How "Free-Flowing "  is your exaust system ?    You ever had it off and looked into it ?   Huh

That Blue looks like the back-up from an obstruction to me ???   But I'm not there first hand to see it up close either.  

The Blue close to the head puzzles me.   The head pipe is double walled to prevent the heat from reaching the outside pipe.

Im altso puzzeld about all blue parts!
In any case, got a Leovince slip on exhauste to it, riding home for the first time, a lot of backfire.
Next week I got a parsel, the original exhauste and original internal parts to the Leo vince slip on system!
Shifted frome the kind of home made blowing right trough backfire internals to original stuff!

The sound is alike, but no more backfire!
And no part got even yellow!
Next spring first starting, first ride, some parts get blue, and the original head pipe, got yellow!
This year, my head pipe altso got blue!
I should have listening to my old biker friends, drain the carburator and the tank, to storage it ower a half year?
In any case, being a lazy bum im gonna have to pay some fine, IE I gonna let my local MC shop investigate my carburator at first!

IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #8 - 04/03/21 at 06:24:50

Zepp wrote on 04/03/21 at 04:23:40:

Do you let the bike run and idle for long periods of time without riding?

Do you ride in town and lot.....and sit for extended periods at traffic lights?

« Last Edit: 04/03/21 at 09:28:28 by verslagen1 »  

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
ohiomoto
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

WTF is JOG?
Reply #9 - 04/03/21 at 13:01:05

Zepp wrote on 04/02/21 at 03:43:15:
To that.. all the blue parts is my fault, didnt drain the carburator or the tank in winter.
-----------------

Yeah, I don't think the blue has anything to do with old gas.  Unless you had carb issues from that.  I leave gas in my bike all winter every winter.  

I had an air leak at my header/muffler junction that caused a blue ring on the muffler.  It doesn't bother me.

IP Logged
Zepp

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #10 - 04/04/21 at 05:40:20

Dave wrote on 04/03/21 at 06:24:50:
Zepp wrote on 04/03/21 at 04:23:40:

Do you let the bike run and idle for long periods of time without riding?

Do you ride in town and lot.....and sit for extended periods at traffic lights?

Same procedure every spring first starting of the new year!
It takes three short starting tryes,. and then it fires up.
Its the vacum petcock that have to be open, fill the carburator?
But this year, the fuel did ran right out to the ground, stoped the engin, started it again, now it was only dripping to the ground, stopped the engin again, no more drippings.. and then I goes for a short ride around my house!
Im juste runing it till I can drop the gas handel without the engin stops.

For all other things.. I can coop whit blue parts, im more concerned about if my engin goes to lean and if my carburator is cloged?

Soo, this year, I gonna let my local MC shop examine my carburator!
It have dual purposes.. find out if they are super duper to take care of my bike.. at least better then I have done?
The other purpose is to find out if I should trust them to winter storage of my Savage!

IP Logged
Zepp

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #11 - 04/07/21 at 04:03:46

ohiomoto wrote on 04/03/21 at 13:01:05:
Zepp wrote on 04/02/21 at 03:43:15:
-----------------

Yeah, I don't think the blue has anything to do with old gas.  Unless you had carb issues from that.  I leave gas in my bike all winter every winter.  

I had an air leak at my header/muffler junction that caused a blue ring on the muffler.  It doesn't bother me.

At first I gonna let my local MC shop examine my carburator.. if its clogged or anything!

The thing is, when I bought it, there was no blue parts.
Next spring, the muffler front part got blue and the original exhauste pipe got a bit yellow. Shocked

This spring.. first startup, the gas ran right true to the ground, so for be safe dont do this inside.

Nemas problemas, shut it of, the vacum petkock doing its thing, next start, only dripping, shut it of again.

Next start, not even a dripping, and then I drove around my house, its working.. but it was very cold.

Then I take a foto of it, its this one in the begining of this post.. my original exhauste pipe got blue! Sad
And to that, I dont care that much if any exhauste parts have any color!
Im more concerned about.. if my internal engin parts get to hot.

In any way, it could be a first spring starting up thing/old gas/glogged carburator?

There shouldnt be other things happen in the winter storage?

And there is always still new parts to buy if I want to.. but first I want to know if my local MC shop is trusted to keep my Savage runing in a excelent condition? Smiley

IE.. Im learnd somthing anyway, Im to old and/or lazy to do it my self!

IP Logged
Zepp

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #12 - 04/17/21 at 14:41:30

A new report, to day I drove my bike to the local MC shop!
Very nice biking weather, the engin started up directly, but it altso put a lot of gas to the ground, and almoste no idling at all!

In any way there is  short distance to ride by using only low gears/high revs!
Told them to get the´carburator out an checked/cleaned.. im kind of sure that no formar owner dont done anything to the carburator.

Lets se how they manage this?

IP Logged
Zepp

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #13 - 04/22/21 at 14:05:15

Hi guys and gals, there is no new reports becuse of climate/weather!
In any way I drove my bike home and it was about 18 centigrades, very sunny and a lot of bikes out there. Smiley

They have put the petcock to reserv, I then turned it to normal position, it started up directly and after a minute it even got a idling, kind of.

Whit all my heavyest biker clothings on.. im feling hot, I started the trip home.. the engin gonna get warm soon anyhow.
Its this, my MC shop is at sea level almoste and I live 250 meters abow that, only 10 kilometers but its still a upphill road.
Half way up it started to get a bit slugish again, turned the petcock to reserv and then it was runing more evenly, (I think anyway?).
At the top near my home I figure, (I did top up the tank befor I drove it down, it couldnt be to little fuel in the tank) and turned the petcock to normal again.. and it ran as being new, even on its stand outside my garage. Smiley

Lets test this next day.. next day it was snowing, Shocked and the whole week it was raining and blowing. Huh

Then one know how it is to living in Sweden, but there are benefits altso, our powergrids dont colapse, becuse its normal weather. Huh

« Last Edit: 04/22/21 at 15:09:35 by Zepp »  
  IP Logged
Zepp

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #14 - 05/13/21 at 08:25:35

Today I have new report.. first, spring in southern Scandinavia is very late!

Mostly 10 centigrades, rain, hail and somtimes even snow. :'(

Anyway, yesterday it was sunny and 18 centigrades.. Im kind of was forced to put out my rider lawn mover.. becuse the grass is growing befor I can use my bike! Undecided

But to day.. it was wooping 20 centigrades.. I put out the bike and it started after four tryes. Cool

And then I ride it around my house, in slippers and no protective gears, (dont do this at home)! Embarrassed

It was becuse I heard a rumble long way.. there gonna be a rain and some more thunder sone. Sad

And now its comes.. a lot of thunder and som rain. Angry

In any ways.. summer is coming. Smiley

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
04/19/24 at 10:47:01

General CategoryThe Cafe › My savage!

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.