Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
02 Savage LS650 shut off while riding (Read 150 times)
Zepp

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Re: 02 Savage LS650 shut off while riding
Reply #15 - 04/07/21 at 03:20:43

And how to jump start this bike!
I cant figure it out?
Becuse when my battery got broken, I hade to disasambly a lot to get to the battery at first.
But then after geting the battery out i used my car charger.. and even the jump start option.. the battery was broken!
In any way I bought a new AGM battery and even a trickle charger, that provided a on battery connection for trickle charging.
In any way, there is 3 options on my charger, MC, car and very low temperatur charging/starting.
I have no intension to start my Savage at very low temperaturs any how.

And then frome jump starting to push starting, we dont have a kick start option on this bike. Sad

In any way I probably have watched every Youtube video thats related to our bike?

In any case, this guy inherited a 20 year old bike.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3pPHlXQ59sQ&t=2s&ab_channel=RayRay3866

One still need a full charged battery!

IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #16 - 04/07/21 at 07:01:31

http://suzukisavage.com/cgi-bin/YaBB.pl?num=1337452721

Never push a savage backward in gear or you'll be picking gear teeth out of the oil.

WWW   IP Logged
Zepp

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #17 - 04/07/21 at 10:25:05

verslagen1 wrote on 04/07/21 at 07:01:31:
http://suzukisavage.com/cgi-bin/YaBB.pl?num=1337452721

Never push a savage backward in gear or you'll be picking gear teeth out of the oil.

I got you, but.. I think this guy have another problem, exempt that he has heridet an 20 year old Savage!
And that is probably one of his best fortunes.. in any way I altso regret that he lost hes father.. I altso lost my father last year!

In any case, he lost hes father and heredite a Savage, that was broken, he is making it a S40 for no reson at all!

There is a formar Youtube befor his pushstart if on like to whatch that!
No one need to pick this up, the starter gears was broken, he got it fixed, then it got broken again!

WTF.. a nice bike anyhow.

And then I got thinking about my old biker friends that ride Norton, kickstarted it, push pistones to the right position, befor one climp the kickstart.
Okey, they know how to do it., otherwise the engin could start backward, noe, it give one a kickback as hell!

But this was at a time that bikers was bikers.. old time anyhow! :'(

Soo, my simple sugestion is that its about the exhastue valve lifting solonid thing that supose to lift the exhauste for som seconds if on push the starting knobb?
This bike is a big thumper, starter motor wind it in the right direction, then it need to start as i it supose to start.

In any way, I got the original manual, it emphasis a lot on to check the exchauste decrompresion valve.

Dont even ask me to find my manaul.. its here in my house, some where!
Lets start a discussion if a wrong exchauste decromp soliniod valve setting could make our engin to backfire and crush the starting gears!

IP Logged
Zepp

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #18 - 04/07/21 at 14:40:45

And now I find his first Youtube on that bike!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sQ4hgXflAow&t=28s&ab_channel=RayRay3866

Its a beutiful bike, but his starter gears is broken!

And then I noticed.. blue exhauste pipe, and a little black betwen the cylinder and the top! Shocked

No, Im not that schocked, becus the more of this bike I seen.. almoste everyone have this little black betwen the cylinder and the top.. its not that famous top leak!

And half of them have a blue pipe.. or wrapings around it!

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
04/24/24 at 17:13:07

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › 02 Savage LS650 shut off while riding

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.