Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Savage big enough for 76 inch tall rider? (Read 202 times)
SukkiSavage
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Savage big enough for 76 inch tall rider?
03/06/21 at 05:02:14

Hello,I'm new here,I'm rather tall,and I like the Savage.Will the Savage fit me?Are there some tall riders on this forum who like to share experiences?

IP Logged
ohiomoto
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

WTF is JOG?
Re: Savage big enough for 76 inch tall rider?
Reply #1 - 03/06/21 at 05:41:07

I am an inch shorter than you at 6'3" with a 36" inseam.  I hated riding the stock savage for more than an hour at a time. I would often pop up on the queen seat for parts of my commute home.  It's a cruiser, not a touring bike.  

If I take the freeway to work it's 35 minutes and nothing bothered me.  Riding the back roads home would take 55 minutes and I was ready to get off the bike after 50 minutes.  

I purchased the bike with the intent to build into a cafe or scrambler type bike (it ended up UJM or a "standard") and while I find it to be much more comfortable, I still get tired of riding after a little more than an hour of riding.  So maybe it's me more than the bike.  I just need to stand up and stretch my legs.

In stock form, for someone your size, I would look at as a great little bike to do short commutes, run errands, and use to "hop" around from place to place.  It's not an interstate machine.

You could do forward control extensions and some mild seat mods, and while these mods are good for making shorter people comfy on the bike, I'm not convinced they will make the bike fully comfortable for guys our size on longer rides.

It's a great bike if it suits you needs, just don't expect it to be something it's not.

IP Logged
SukkiSavage
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #2 - 03/06/21 at 05:59:28

Found a utube movie of a 72 inch tall guy.
(https://www.youtube.com/watch?reload=9&v=6WE6X_xRDN4)
The bike is to small for him.....

IP Logged
Zepp

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #3 - 03/17/21 at 05:11:05

SukkiSavage wrote on 03/06/21 at 05:02:14:
Hello,I'm new here,I'm rather tall,and I like the Savage.Will the Savage fit me?Are there some tall riders on this forum who like to share experiences?

Its more about your purpose of buying a bike!
Im 176 cm/69 inches and a senior 65+, and use the bike for fun.
In any case this bike is a sort of cruiser bike.. kind of a half HD type of bike.

In any way, its a menance to ride any bike for a longer time, anyhow!
And that goes for sportbikes to, and I have experiens of Suzuki two strokers and Honda four strokers.

IP Logged
SoC

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

New Jersey
Reply #4 - 03/17/21 at 05:34:48

I am 6'2" and have little to no issue with comfort. My older bike ('03') is more comfortable then the newer one ('11') as I swapped 6" window drag bars with some forward positioning for the original buckhorns. It creates more stretched posiition of the upper body and shoulders. More so then the raised drag bars on the newer one, which are more pulled back. I guess that's why you see some that they reverse the tall risers pushing the bars forward. I also find the older style individual style seat (with seperate B cushion) more comfortable then the newer larger, all in one seat.

IP Logged
ohiomoto
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

WTF is JOG?
Reply #5 - 03/17/21 at 18:32:34

SoC wrote on 03/17/21 at 05:34:48:
... I guess that's why you see some that they reverse the tall risers pushing the bars forward.  
------------  

And the bike will handle like dog nuts.  The PO of my bike had it set up that way.  The worst handling motorcycle I have ever ridden.  I put some lower super bars and it was good.  I still hated the forward controls though.  But others are happy with them and that's good.  We are all different.

Anyway, I have a feeling the OP moved on after his second post here.

« Last Edit: 05/17/21 at 19:15:49 by ohiomoto »  
  IP Logged
Slowlane

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #6 - 03/17/21 at 19:29:53

IMO yew tew beeg

IP Logged
SukkiSavage
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #7 - 03/18/21 at 02:06:18

I'm still reading the replies,thank you all.

IP Logged
Zepp

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #8 - 03/23/21 at 06:08:26

SukkiSavage wrote on 03/18/21 at 02:06:18:
I'm still reading the replies,thank you all.

For the sake of it.. is there any bike for tall persons or short ones?
I think that they (every MC company) build bikes for everage lengt?

Soo, I can asure you that a Savage/S40 is big enough for normal lengt people!
But there is more about this.. I did have a problem at first, I was used to sportbikes, leaning forward and the fotpegs under neat.

At last I figured out that I have to relax and lean bakward whit straight arms, then it was more comfortable!
I tryed it out on the highway, it wasent that comfortable.. but that goes probably för every bike that not have any windshield?

IP Logged
SukkiSavage
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #9 - 03/23/21 at 08:21:11

Zepp,how tall are you?

IP Logged
ohiomoto
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

WTF is JOG?
Reply #10 - 03/23/21 at 17:51:41

Zepp wrote on 03/17/21 at 05:11:05:
Its more about your purpose of buying a bike!
Im 176 cm/69 inches and a senior 65+, and use the bike for fun.
In any case this bike is a sort of cruiser bike.. kind of a half HD type of bike.

In any way, its a menance to ride any bike for a longer time, anyhow!
And that goes for sportbikes to, and I have experiens of Suzuki two strokers and Honda four strokers.
---------------------

If my math is correct Zepp is 5'9" tall...   Roll Eyes

IP Logged
ohiomoto
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

WTF is JOG?
Reply #11 - 03/23/21 at 18:10:09

Zepp wrote on 03/23/21 at 06:08:26:

----------------

That's a good question.  I've never been into cruzers but I have ridden friends' HD 883 (small like the Savage), HD Fatboy (much larger), HD Ultra Classic (better than the fatboy in every way), and a 95 Honda 650 Shadow (I think it was similar to the Savage??).  I've also ridden several crotch rockets.

I have owned a 73 Suzuki T500 (standard UJM), 71 Triumph TR6 Tiger (british standard), 96 Suzuki Savage (stock for a year), 96 Custom Savage (standard UJM), 2006 Suzuki S40 (still stock...for now), and a crapload of motocross bikes from the mid 70s to 2010s.  

Ultimately, I prefer standard bikes with flat seats and mid control pegs.  I find they are easier to move around on.  I also like the option of standing up if I decide to jump something (kidding...mostly) and I feel like I might have a chance if I ever found myself about to hit something like the side of a car.  Smiley

That's what I like.  I'm not claiming it's best for anyone else.

IP Logged
Gary_in_NJ
Serious Thumper

LS650 Cafe Racer

Amongst the Twisty Roads
Reply #12 - 03/23/21 at 18:26:34

Soo, I can asure you that a Savage/S40 is big enough for normal lengt people!

Absolutely. I’ve been shopping with a friend who is looking for a new bike. He stands about 5’7”. He wanted a Ducati Hypermotard but with a seat height of 34.1 inches, he simply didn’t fit. Now he is looking at a Triumph Street Triple. That bike has a seat height of 31 inches.

One of the biggest problems with getting woman involved in motorcycling is the seat height of the available bikes. You’ll notice many woman ride cruisers. It’s not because they like cruisers, it’s because that’s what people under 5’6” fit on. I’m 6’1” and can ride anything. But the manufacturers need to start building standards and sports bikes (don’t get me started on “adventure” bikes) with accessible seat heights - they are missing out on the largest growing segment of new riders - female riders.

A life-time student of motorcycling.
LS650 Cafe, DRZ400SM, FZ6N, SV650S, CB900C, Ducati ST2, CB550F-SS
My LS650=> http://suzukisavage.com/yabb2.2/Attachments/Left.JPG
  IP Logged
Zepp

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #13 - 03/23/21 at 22:21:13

Okey.. Im Swedish.. 176 cm.. my converter says 5 feet and 9.2913 inches, so pardon me for the other ones.
So im not a big guy, not the shortest eighter.
And I like the low seat hight on my Savage, no problems at a stand still.
In any case, it suites me.. I have to get used to the riding position at first, lening backward and straight arms, the fotpegs in front, its a custom/cruiser, it supose to be that way.

And then to the topic of big guys.. its more of how long arms and legs, to be in a comfortable riding position.
In any way, I have tryed it on the higway, it did fine, but it put som strain to my arms.

But that goes even to a sportbike that dont rides on higway speed, one lean on the arms.

In any case.. if one ride a lot on higways, one can always put on a windscren of som sort, if one have very long arms, one can always put on a dragbike bar.
And if one have very long legs.. I dont know if there is any fot pegs extender for this bike?

I se a lot of used bikes.. even Harleys that got extended fotpegs.. I think this is mostly becuse of the style.

Its often more for the style, dragbars and extended fotpegs?

To that, S40 have a dragbar.. but I think that they put the handels at the same position as the cowbar at Savage?

Soo, again, what kind of biking do you think you gonna do?

All wheater comuting, som part of it on higway, put on a windscreen.
If you got friends that have sportbikes or touring bikes, then you probably want the like?

If you is a newbi, Savage/S40 is a cheep beginners bike, low cost, low maintance.. and if you hasitate or got some new biker friends that use other type of bikes.. you can always sell it and buy another type of bike.

Its only this.. if you get a Savage/S40.. you sholuld always  be befor the Harleys if you ride !

IP Logged
Zepp

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #14 - 03/23/21 at 23:26:41

ohiomoto wrote on 03/23/21 at 18:10:09:

----------------

That's a good question.  I've never been into cruzers but I have ridden friends' HD 883 (small like the Savage), HD Fatboy (much larger), HD Ultra Classic (better than the fatboy in every way), and a 95 Honda 650 Shadow (I think it was similar to the Savage??).  I've also ridden several crotch rockets.

I have owned a 73 Suzuki T500 (standard UJM), 71 Triumph TR6 Tiger (british standard), 96 Suzuki Savage (stock for a year), 96 Custom Savage (standard UJM), 2006 Suzuki S40 (still stock...for now), and a crapload of motocross bikes from the mid 70s to 2010s.  

Ultimately, I prefer standard bikes with flat seats and mid control pegs.  I find they are easier to move around on.  I also like the option of standing up if I decide to jump something (kidding...mostly) and I feel like I might have a chance if I ever found myself about to hit something like the side of a car.  Smiley

That's what I like.  I'm not claiming it's best for anyone else.

Yah.. altso hade a T500.. 70 something, bought it used at 1975!
After that I hade Honda CB 650.

In any case there was no problems reaching ground at trafik lights!
And I have driven my friends bikes to. Norton, Triump, Kawasakis and Yamahas, a bit diffrent riding positions, but I could always reach the ground, fotpegs, gearshift, foot brake and handelbars.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
04/24/24 at 02:34:17

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Savage big enough for 76 inch tall rider?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.