Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Upgraded turn signals/leds. Where/what to buy? (Read 24 times)
Analbeads69
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Upgraded turn signals/leds. Where/what to buy?
02/25/21 at 12:17:52

I bought a Suzuki savage with busted turn signals I’ve tried ordering a couple different turn signals from Amazon but they all ended up being cheap  or dull Or only functioning as either blinkers or running lights not both 😡. Does anyone have any suggestions on brands or where I should buy taillights?  I am looking for a quality lights that are very bright and will not burn out and will function as both the blinker and the running light.  Any help greatly appreciated. 😁

IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Re: Upgraded turn signals/leds. Where/what to buy?
Reply #1 - 02/25/21 at 13:31:38

Are you talking about front turn signals, rear turn signals - or both.

If you have yellow lenses in back for the turn signals, you cannot use them as running lights.  Front running lights can be white or yellow - rear running lights are required to be red.

Easiest/safest bet is to buy used Savage turn signals on eBay.  They are DOT approved and you know they will fit.  Front will function with running lights - rears won't.

If you do a search you may be able to find a thread where a fellow used clear lenses on the stock turn signals, and then used front turn signals on the rear to get running lights, and he used red bulbs to make the running lights and turn signals red.

Another option might be to find take off Harley parts - they are excellent quality.

Most cheap Chinese made aftermarket LED lights very bright and cannot be seen in sunlight, and they are pretty worthless and dangerous.

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
04/19/24 at 13:08:44

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Upgraded turn signals/leds. Where/what to buy?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.