Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
A Truly Horrible Human Being is Dead (Read 45 times)
Mavigogun
Serious Thumper

We roll farther
together

Progressive Texas
A Truly Horrible Human Being is Dead
02/21/21 at 07:16:13

Since the 80’s, Rush Limbaugh told any willing to listen who to hate, whispering divisive poison into ears across the country, generation after generation.   The denizens of FOX and Breitbart owe their existence in no small part to this reprehensible man.   When Trump mocked reporter Serge Kovaleski for suffering from a congenital joint condition, he was pantomiming Limbaugh’s disgusting mockery of Michael J Fox’s Parkinson’s affliction.

These failed men broadcast their insecurity; they believed themselves to be disadvantaged by truth, threatened by people of character and integrity they could never hope to manifest.   Misery loving company, they invited listeners to follow them down that path, sneering Pied-Pipers of Hate, Jesters of Contempt, selling sociopathy as a virtue.   And folks followed that call, eagerly encouraged to take pride in their worst impulses.

The original Troll Under the Bridge is dead- but his children are legion... and more than a few populate this space.  If there was cause to believe they could be redeemed, engaging here could be justified- but, sadly, that isn’t true.   I revisited this venue after the election and attack on the Capitol to sample the Trumpian Zeitgeist in the wake of those events; unfortunately, like that other Lost Cause, Trump has branded his identity over their own vacant space.   His burning cross remains forever in their yard- and drawing closer to that for conversation is unappealing, pointless, and destructive.

So, with recognition and appreciation for those remaining to speak to the void, I’ll withdraw again.  Safe travels.

2007 LS650 s40, presently being rebuilt
  IP Logged
Mavigogun
Serious Thumper

We roll farther
together

Progressive Texas
Re: A Truly Horrible Human Being is Dead
Reply #1 - 02/21/21 at 07:27:38

A topical discussion on finding a constructive path out of cruelty, for those willing to walk it; honest communication is prerequisit:

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/middle-high-school-bully-depression_n_602c0800...

2007 LS650 s40, presently being rebuilt
  IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Re: A Truly Horrible Human Being is Dead
Reply #2 - 02/21/21 at 09:43:01

What the hell?

"One day in 2019 while I was procrastinating at work, I started thinking about a girl who had rejected me in 7th grade. The rejection still stung whenever I thought about it. I wondered if she remembered how she ended our friendship and if she had any regrets."

Is it just me or is it weird to still feel "stung" over a middle-school rejection 4 decades later?

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
03/29/24 at 01:50:39

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › A Truly Horrible Human Being is Dead

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.