Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
Found out I have covid-19 yesterday (Read 263 times)
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Found out I have covid-19 yesterday
02/19/21 at 19:19:50

Yea

I was having a medical drug reaction and was expecting to get a coradozon shot and go back home.
Dr.said it was Stevens-Johnson Syndrome , and while  checkking in for a hospital stay, they did a covid-19 test ... It was positive... I had no idea!  Huh

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see. How far Man's corruption reaches into Organized Religion , we may never know
WWW MMRanch MMRanch   IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Re: Found out I have covid-19 yesterday
Reply #1 - 02/19/21 at 19:24:21

It's really different using a little phone to message on after having the computer all the time.

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see. How far Man's corruption reaches into Organized Religion , we may never know
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #2 - 02/19/21 at 19:51:50

our little typhoid mike, get well buddy.
BTW, any trip out west is cancelled.   Shocked

WWW   IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #3 - 02/19/21 at 19:53:02

'Bout 4 years ago you got a case of red leg, which all is beginning to sound about like the same same in the way that it affects you.    Onset timing is similar, too.   Very early spring .....

I suspect we all have some amount of Covid 19 running around in each of our airways ----- it is an airborne virus for crying out loud, very similar to flu or common cold virus.   You can get it from a cough micro droplet that landed on a hard surface two hours ago (ergo the hourly hand washing thing they try to get you to do).

Your wife will make sure you try to take care of yourself ........    let her, she will be unhappy else-wise.

I will get my second Covid shot next week, and after I get over the reactions it will bring I will then join the 10's of thousands who carry the Covid virus around in me while getting more and more careless about masks and hand washing and all that other stuff that slowed the spread earlier.

Tongue

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #4 - 02/19/21 at 20:49:03

I had my 2nd shot today, so I’ll be ready for the rides this year.  😁🏍

IP Logged
Ruttly
Serious Thumper

Thumpers Rule

Manteca , CA
Reply #5 - 02/19/21 at 23:53:28

I would get a few more tests ! You take care MM.

The Topic Terminator
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #6 - 02/20/21 at 09:29:50

Get another test, the CDC test that takes a few days, not the quick test.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #7 - 02/20/21 at 09:32:18

I saw a report that said there is a 40% error rate in the tests - both positive and negative results.

Get better MM.....multe-day riding weather is only a couple months away!

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
DragBikeMike
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Honolulu
Reply #8 - 02/20/21 at 10:39:00

Hope you have a mild case and get back to normal ASAP.

My wife & and I have been participating in a Covid19 study for almost a year now.  The survey always asks if I want to share the app with friends, but I always get flubbed up and can never figure out how to send the thing off on my iPad.  What can I say, it's an old guy thing.

The study is tracking participants trying to learn more about spread in the community, age groups, underlying conditions, etc.  It takes like 30 seconds to complete the survey each day.  It should help put an end to this scourge and prove the effectiveness of the vaccine & treatments.

If any of yoozguys are interested, you can download the app from your app store.  It's free.  You can search "Covid Symptom Study" from Massachusetts General Hospital.

Get well soon MM.

Mask up, wash up, stay safe, stay well. 

Knowledge is power.
  IP Logged
springman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Spring, Texas
Reply #9 - 02/20/21 at 17:35:23

MM sorry to hear you are not well. Please take car of yourself, listen to the doctors and listen to your wife. Both of those diseases can be pretty bad. Please keep us posted. Will be praying for you.

06 S40 seat mod, airhawk, HD muffler, Shinko 712 140-90-15 rear tire, Shinko 230 front tire, versy cam chain tensioner, Rotella oil, Volar brake pads, EBC clutch & springs
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #10 - 02/20/21 at 19:55:10

listen to the doctors and listen to your wife. Both of those diseases can be pretty bad.

Yeah, I've seen guys die from both.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #11 - 02/20/21 at 21:26:36

Hi guys

So , I spent Thursday through Saturday afternoon in the hospital for  with the Stevens-Johnson stuff .    
At the on-set I started taking 50 mg of Benadryl every 6 hours , that was 6 days before I decided it was a loosing battle and went to the ER on Thursday.
Come to find out the hospital gave me 50 mgs of Benadryl every 8 hours plus anti-biotics in the I V .
I'm still loosing skin on my hands and face in the form of little blisters but the swelling has gone down and the deep redness has faded to just new skin red.    It itches like "Wake me when its over" !  Embarrassed

I still haven't had any Corvid 19 systems  and next Tuesday when the health clinic opens up me and Marcia are both going to be tested.   I'm not fully convinced I've got it .  
On Feb. 1st I got my first Merina vaccine and to get the second one on March 1st.  

Mean-while we're quarantined

At lunch Saturday the Dr. came by and I got him to agree that I could dress the blisters just as well at home as I could in my hospital room.   So he said come back if it starts getting worse again.    I said " sounds good to me "  Wink.

Thanks for the Prayers guys !   Smiley

Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #12 - 02/21/21 at 05:47:37

Mike:

Let me know if you want me to come down and do anything.   I know Marcia can take care of the dogs and cats - but setting out hay for the cattle may not be something that either of you can do right now.

IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #13 - 02/21/21 at 06:37:50

That's mighty nice of ya to offer Dave.    

We have had six parts of my down-payment on my next bike pop-up in the herd in the last three weeks.   There should be about 6 more parts pop out in the next month too .   All them bike payments running around in the field tends to make the moma cows extra hungary.  

The hard part of dealing with the Steven-Johnsons stuff is dealing with the itching .    I've seen pictures of other folks with it all over their body's.   Its only on my hands , arms , and a little on my face.    The only cure I've found so far is "Dis-traction" and Oral-Gel.    I'm going through a lot of Oral-gel !  Roll Eyes

OldFeller , that was fifteen years ago when I retired from work after the first round with "The Red Legg" .
Time flies for sure !

I can't help but wonder if "winter depression" has anything to do with a lot of illnesses this time of year ?    Huh

Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #14 - 02/21/21 at 09:41:25

MMRanch wrote on 02/21/21 at 06:37:50:
I can't help but wonder if "winter depression" has anything to do with a lot of illnesses this time of year ?    Huh

Maybe a lack of Vitamin D as well........it is supposed to help with you immunity.  They are finding that folks who have a proper amount of Vitamin D are more resistant to Covid - and those with a deficiency have more severe cases of Covid.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
04/18/24 at 12:06:06

General CategoryThe Cafe › Found out I have covid-19 yesterday

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.