Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
Texas Mayor resigns over weather comments (Read 322 times)
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Re: Texas Mayor resigns over weather comments
Reply #30 - 02/22/21 at 10:22:27

I DO have a genny. I installed a pretty spendy, kinda difficult to install gizmo so it runs on propane or gas.
I built an Extremely dangerous cord, A 220 male connector on each end, so the welding machine supply which is25feet long goes out under the compressor shed, and hooks up. Genny is far enough from the house to not be much of a bother.

But My genny didn't freeze up.

I'm feeling so Bad because I didn't go harden the power grid. The people who are able to, didn't. The people who WE PAY didn't. So their Negligent Failure allows them to jack up prices after they create chaos. The people who are in charge are not even injured by their decisions, they don't Have to live here.

I'm not typing all the contingencies and covering all the nuanced possible answers.

I will add
That idiot AOC actually said the failure of the supply system would not have happened
If
It was more of exactly what caused the failure.
More  wind
More solar.

The sad part is
She believes it

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #31 - 02/22/21 at 19:08:12

"I'm feeling so Bad because I didn't go harden the power grid. The people who are able to, didn't. The people who WE PAY didn't. So their Negligent Failure allows them to jack up prices after they create chaos. The people who are in charge are not even injured by their decisions, they don't Have to live here."

This is a different standard than claiming that traditional power supplies would have provided necessary power if it were not for "green" energy taking their place.

First:  "Green" energy did not take their place.  Second:  Tradional power failed.  Again maybe in a structure that is more understood:

Traditional.

Power.

Failed.

It didn't work.  It failed also.  It failed.  It didn't have to compensate for lost power production, it failed.  It did not work.  It failed.

"I'm feeling so Bad because I didn't go harden the power grid. The people who are able to, didn't. The people who WE PAY didn't."

Exactly.  But did they fail to "harden" the power grid because the of substituted alternative energy?

No.  They simply chose not to.

IP Logged
MnSpring
Serious Thumper

Younger than most
people my age.

Minn
Reply #32 - 02/23/21 at 07:24:18

Eegore wrote on 02/22/21 at 19:08:12:
"...
 Exactly.  But did they fail to "harden" the power grid because the of substituted alternative energy?
 No.  They simply chose not to.  

I believe they failed to 'harden' the traditional power grid/generators,
because, the FDS UL's like AOC and BS, kept telling them, they are on the way out.
And the 'new' "Green" energy, is on the way in.

Just like a old rusted truck,
Ya don't put in new break lines/breaks/tires/drivetrain/moter/etc, BEFORE,  it goes to the junk yard.

Ben Franklin once said: "If you give up a freedom, for the sake of security, you will have neither".
Which is More TRUE, today, than yesterday.('06, S-40, Stock) well, mostly .
  IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #33 - 02/23/21 at 13:16:08

"I believe they failed to 'harden' the traditional power grid/generators,
because, the FDS UL's like AOC and BS, kept telling them, they are on the way out.
And the 'new' "Green" energy, is on the way in.
"

I see the potential in this but wouldn't ERCOT know exactly how long that takes and be directly involved?  The last issue was in 2011, and the power grids on either side and above ERCOT coverage winterized 8 years ago.  One includes solar on their grid and continually adds it.  

I find it hard to believe in 2012, when the other power companies started winterization plans that ERCOT predicted the "Green New Deal" or similar 7 years in advance or just because a politician lobbies for "green" energy that the politician can somehow implement it without ERCOT being directly involved in that timetable.

We aren't talking about the owner of the rusted truck we are talking about the manufacturer.  If Ford is told they have to go 100% electric tomorrow Ford would be unable to do so.  They could let their gas-vehicle production facilities deteriorate, but I imagine since they are the ones building the electric car production facility they in turn would know how long it takes to get that facility running.  

If Ford then lets the gas-production facility deteriorate and it produces sh!tty cars that wont run in the winter, is it their bad planning or is it "green" energies fault?

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
04/19/24 at 02:23:14

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › Texas Mayor resigns over weather comments

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.