Send Topic Print
mirrors (Read 166 times)
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Re: mirrors
Reply #15 - 02/13/21 at 20:38:09

Get some. They are great, and once you learn to use your elbow to keep them from dragging they last you long time.

Sorry Dave, I just can't help myself.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #16 - 02/14/21 at 03:38:09

MM:  It won't hurt to try a pair and see what you think.  It will take a little bit of time to get used to them.....and you will bang them with your hand when getting off the bike at first.

JOG:  I understand that winter cabin fever can make a fellow a bit ornery.

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
stewmills
Serious Thumper

Imagination is more
important than
knowledge

Auburn, AL
Reply #17 - 02/15/21 at 09:38:10

MMRanch wrote on 02/13/21 at 20:28:50:
7/8 , but I already ordered a pair of them ,....  Embarrassed I hope I don't have the same problem as JOG ... maybe I should go ahead and get an extra pair to use after our first Suches Ga. ride in 2021 ?   Undecided

Maybe Stew woin't lead so fast this year ?  ???

I can't remember where/when I was leading. I usually like to follwo because I know you and Dave are quicker than me and I trust your lines, and yall give me something to pace with...Except when Dave passes on the double-yellow on the cafe or the BMW....I can't compete with that.

2008 | 152/52.5–Air Mix 3/4 | RT6 w/Redline | Seat Lift w/Sheepskin | Speedo Rattle | Rear Pulley Shim | 140/90-15 Rear | Kaw Front Pulley | Relocated Rear Signals

FREEDOM ISN'T FREE!
  IP Logged
Ruttly
Serious Thumper

Thumpers Rule

Manteca , CA
Reply #18 - 02/15/21 at 10:45:57

I got mixed feelings about mirrors. I love giant mirrors , being able to sometimes catch a glimpse of the frustration on the face of the rider behind. But large mirrors create drag , small mirrors hardly seem worth while except for keeping the bike legal and it always seems to be that aftermarket mirrors look cool but totally suck , while stock mirrors are ugly and heavy but work great. I just hate mirrors that you can’t see out of ,what’s the use ? I did find some great dual purpose mirrors , the KTM folding mirrors are great but $$$. I always wondered if those tiny 2” bar end mirrors are any good or if they are just for looks to keep it legal !

The Topic Terminator
  IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #19 - 02/15/21 at 11:05:23

Ruttly wrote on 02/15/21 at 10:45:57:
I always wondered if those tiny 2” bar end mirrors are any good or if they are just for looks to keep it legal !

I have some Joker Machine bar end mirrors I will sell you cheaply - they suck at letting you see much of anything behind you.  They have a very tiny field of view and you have to wobble your head around as you try to see what is behind you.

I ran off the road on my Cafe' bike on the Blue Ridge Parkway while looking to see if MM and Stew behind me.  I got to do a bit of "off roading" on that ride!

I took those tiny ones off and got bigger ones that are not as sleek - but provide a better view of what is behind.

IP Logged
stewmills
Serious Thumper

Imagination is more
important than
knowledge

Auburn, AL
Reply #20 - 02/15/21 at 11:40:41

Dave wrote on 02/15/21 at 11:05:23:
I ran off the road on my Cafe' bike on the Blue Ridge Parkway while looking to see if MM and Stew behind me.  I got to do a bit of "off roading" on that ride!

Yep...this may have been the last image of Dave's cafe bike before he tried to hangglide with it off of the side of the Blue Ridge Mountains.  I wish you could have seen Dave's fancy foot work on the recovery!

Oh yeah...you can see the mirrors too if you zoom in a little.

IMG_20160723_1518271.jpg

2008 | 152/52.5–Air Mix 3/4 | RT6 w/Redline | Seat Lift w/Sheepskin | Speedo Rattle | Rear Pulley Shim | 140/90-15 Rear | Kaw Front Pulley | Relocated Rear Signals

FREEDOM ISN'T FREE!
  IP Logged
Ruttly
Serious Thumper

Thumpers Rule

Manteca , CA
Reply #21 - 03/09/21 at 09:38:48

A mirror you can’t see out of is more of a distraction than no mirrors at all ! Almost any mirror wil vibrate on a single till the world behind you blurs out at a rpm range. Eyes ahead Dave , all you need to know is , that’s right all the boiling racing blood is still there and you got there First ! Grin

The Topic Terminator
  IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #22 - 03/09/21 at 17:19:00

Hey Stewy.......is MM almost out of sight in that photo and doing what I think he is?

That trip is likely the last time that all 3 of us were on a Savage!

IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #23 - 03/09/21 at 23:35:26

Hay

I remember seeing that fancy foot work !  Grin

There were some quick prayer going on at the time too !   COME-ON-DAVE-PULL IT BACK OVER TOWARD THE PAVEMENT !!!  Tongue Tongue Tongue

I've got :

mirror2.jpg

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see. How far Man's corruption reaches into Organized Religion , we may never know
WWW MMRanch MMRanch   IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
04/20/24 at 02:00:26

General CategoryThe Cafe › mirrors

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.