Send Topic Print
NY did it wrong? (Read 243 times)
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Re: NY did it wrong?
Reply #15 - 02/01/21 at 09:09:19

Ahh ok.  I read it as him saying it is more than poor conduct.

IP Logged
oldNslow
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Rochester, NY
Reply #16 - 02/01/21 at 10:03:37

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 02/01/21 at 07:48:42:
Sorry, I should have quoted
Old
And replied to him.

Well, yeah, I think manslaughter is pretty poor conduct. But I was responding specifically to the way NY was counting deaths. That's dishonest and despicable, but probably not criminal.

Cuomo's policy early last year that sent infected and possibly infectious people back into nursing homes however may well have been. At the very least it was gross negligence.

IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #17 - 02/01/21 at 10:45:11

I wouldn't say it is "dishonest" since NY the State, from the beginning, posted publicly how they counted.  The reporting omitted the truthful disclosure, so I would call the reporting dishonest/dispicable.

"This data does not reflect COVID-19 confirmed or COVID-19 presumed positive deaths that occurred outside of the facility."

I think this is part of the problem, calling the people who tell the truth liars because somebody else lied.  It's like calling all white guys racist because one white guy is racist.  What is "dishonest" and specifically the word dishonest about what I posted above in bold?  Specifically what I posted above and not some other topic.

The process was transparent, that's why people have been complaining this whole time because they can see the process, but the PR surrounding it has been moderately duplicitous.  

I think the bigger problem is ignoring that the truth was always disclosed so we can further vilify the person(s) who made bad choices.  Just let their bad choices, and their public statements speak for themselves, instead of trying to over-inflate it by claiming the counting method was also dishonest when it in fact was always publicly disclosed.

IP Logged
oldNslow
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Rochester, NY
Reply #18 - 02/01/21 at 11:05:23

Smiley OK. We will publicly disclose how we are going to come up with misleading statistics, so that when those misleading statistics are publicly disseminated we - the authors of those statistics - are blameless, and the folks who disseminate our misleading statistics are actually the ones at fault.

That's how it works ?

Cuomo deserves to be vilified. For this and plenty of other things. He's a piece of sh*t.

IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #19 - 02/01/21 at 11:37:00

"OK. We will publicly disclose how we are going to come up with misleading statistics, so that when those misleading statistics are publicly disseminated we - the authors of those statistics - are blameless, and the folks who disseminate our misleading statistics are actually the ones at fault."

You are comparing the procedure with the manipulation of reported data (statistics).  It is disclosed in black and white that the data pool does not include people pronounced dead at another location.  How is that misleading?

You want to call it misleading so you can further vilify Coumo by grouping more with him.  You are right, he's deserves to be held accountable, but only for what he did, we don't need to add in other things.  It's like me reading a post that Serow made about all your posts and never bothering to go look at what you actually said, and then calling you a liar.

Part of the problem in this case is not knowing, or even bothering to consider what the alternative is.

In this case the alternative is that the Nursing Home would report the C-19 death instead of the medical center or clinic where the person died.  So the nursing home needs to track the patient off-grounds or rely on the medical center to pass on a report that then is relayed into the State count by people who did not process any of the final paperwork or treatment.  This can easily result in double-counting, so a more reliable resolution is to have the facility that processes the body, make the report.

I would say the method used by NY is actually more accurate from a count total perspective - but since people won't read - they will say its "misleading" because they don't like Coumo.  

The nursing home counts were already disputed before any of this hit the news because people who will read already knew that the claims were misleading because they used the actual documentation to compare to.  That documentation was the one that said what was really happening, not what Coumo said was happening.  Now we want to say the documentation used to prove Coumo was being duplicitous is also duplicitous?

IP Logged
oldNslow
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Rochester, NY
Reply #20 - 02/12/21 at 02:44:57

https://www.foxnews.com/us/cuomo-aide-nursing-home-data-trump-doj

They lied. Covered up the true data way back in August of 2020.

But it's Trump's fault.

If he had known the truth he'd have said mean things about Andy.

"We were in a position where we weren’t sure if what we were going to give to the Department of Justice, or what we give to you guys, what we start saying, was going to be used against us while we weren’t sure if there was going to be an investigation," DeRosa told the lawmakers, according to the Post report.

Rich Azzopardi, a senior Cuomo adviser, placed some of the blame on the Trump administration.

"We explained that the Trump administration was in the midst of a politically motivated effort to blame Democratic states for COVID deaths," he said Thursday evening. "And that we were cooperating with federal document productions -- and that was the priority. And now that it is over, we can address the state Legislature. That said, we were working simultaneously to complete the audit of information they were asking for." "

Even when these as*holes get caught it's Trumps fault.

IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #21 - 02/12/21 at 05:51:03

"More than 15,000 seniors died in adult-care facilities, but the governor was clearly more worried about a DOJ investigation and political finger-pointing.""

So should every senior that has ever been in an adult care facility be counted as a nursing home death, or as stated above, ones that died "in" an adult care facility?

It is ridiculous that they want to blame the Trump Administration for anything they did that wasn't a direct order from the Trump Administration.  I understand why the medically stable order was issued, but I do not understand why alternative resources were not used, and withholding information should be criminal.

IP Logged
Mavigogun
Serious Thumper

We roll farther
together

Progressive Texas
Reply #22 - 02/12/21 at 06:15:29

These are not mutually exclusive propositions- if the New York Post report is collaborated- which all should want, considering its history of dispensing with basic standards of journalism -then the Governor’s Administration should most definitely be held to account.   As of yet, I can’t find a complete transcript of the quoted exchange to qualify the characterization- if interested parties do, post a link here, please.

Here is a summation by The Hill:

https://thehill.com/homenews/state-watch/538575-top-cuomo-aide-apologized-to-...

As I led with, both the Cuomo Administration can and should be held to account for any demonstrated deception, and the Trump Administration for injecting partisanship into what should have been collaborative efforts, if the case.   Two wrongs are just that- two wrongs.  

« Last Edit: 02/12/21 at 07:16:44 by Mavigogun »  

2007 LS650 s40, presently being rebuilt
  IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #23 - 02/12/21 at 06:59:41

That link says "Page not found"

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #24 - 02/12/21 at 07:08:37

So, hospitals count all Covid deaths on their premises...
For nursing homes to count them would result in a double count.
More outrage!   They’re inflating the numbers!

Let's get out of this tempest in a teapot.
Dead is dead.

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
Mavigogun
Serious Thumper

We roll farther
together

Progressive Texas
Reply #25 - 02/12/21 at 07:17:14

URL markup has been repaired.

IP Logged
Mavigogun
Serious Thumper

We roll farther
together

Progressive Texas
Reply #26 - 02/12/21 at 07:38:53

As a personal interest, the infection numbers system-wide and at specific facilities is essential information- independent of fatalities.   Without such, we can’t make informed decisions for our loved ones.   Worse yet, if reporting obfuscates a condition, the choices we make may put our loved ones in greater danger.

This is just as true for vaccine management.   When the Trump Administration misrepresented infection projections, the existence of vaccine stores, as well as non-existent distribution plans, those lies directly impacted these same folks.  

It’s unfortunate that these two administrations are linked in this way- BUT THEY ARE.   Are these failures the same?  No.   Do they matter?  Yes, they do.

It should also be recognized that oldNslow, a resident of NY State, has a direct interest.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #27 - 02/12/21 at 08:20:42

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #28 - 02/12/21 at 08:33:59

That link shows page not found.

IP Logged
Mavigogun
Serious Thumper

We roll farther
together

Progressive Texas
Reply #29 - 02/12/21 at 09:00:39

This space doesn't do well with hyphenated URLs- ya gotta use the URL bracket markup.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
04/24/24 at 18:28:29

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › NY did it wrong?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.