Send Topic Print
NY did it wrong? (Read 243 times)
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

NY did it wrong?
01/29/21 at 12:48:10

This whole nonsense with NY and the nursing home fatality rates is why multi-stage verification needs to exist in command structure so one can cross-reference and also give the appropriate information.  

Also it indicates that people can't, or at least refuse to read:  "this data captures COVID-19 confirmed and COVID-19 presumed deaths within nursing homes and adult care facilities. This data does not reflect COVID-19 confirmed or COVID-19 presumed positive deaths that occurred outside of the facility."

https://ag.ny.gov/sites/default/files/2021-nursinghomesreport.pdf

https://www.governor.ny.gov/news/statement-new-york-state-health-commissioner...

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Re: NY did it wrong?
Reply #1 - 01/30/21 at 14:32:35

So Cuomo didn't shove seniors into homes when they were testing positive?

You seem to like
Official Reports

I'm not so easily convinced.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #2 - 01/30/21 at 19:02:46

"So Cuomo didn't shove seniors into homes when they were testing positive?"

He absolutely did.  You obviously didn't read the references.  I even pulled the section that was most applicable and quoted it in bold, and it still wasn't read.

What part of the references I provided says Coumo didn't handle this poorly?

What part of what I posted in bold is wrong?

« Last Edit: 01/30/21 at 20:22:33 by Eegore »  
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #3 - 01/30/21 at 20:33:44

Good going

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #4 - 01/30/21 at 20:39:55

Thanks.

So what part of what I posted is not accurate?  What part is claiming Coumo didn't do things wrong?

I literally post that this is why there needs to be cross referenced verification and you somehow turn it into me saying Coumo is right?  

How is my documentation doing that and what are you "not convinced" of?

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #5 - 01/31/21 at 02:55:06

It's all good.

IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #6 - 01/31/21 at 08:26:14

So why are you asking "So Cuomo didn't shove seniors into homes when they were testing positive?"

My references shows the undercount.  You indicate you are "not so easily convinced" yet you seem to completely accept that Couomo made stupid nursing home placement decisions.  

You are fine throwing out questions as if that "Official Report" is factual, but also indicate you are not convinced it is factual.  

Obviously you didn't read what I posted, I will try to break it down even simpler:   "This data does not reflect COVID-19 confirmed or COVID-19 presumed positive deaths that occurred outside of the facility."

Of course that's "Official" so now it might be wrong, even though if we want to call Coumo a moron its right.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #7 - 01/31/21 at 09:11:14

So, we agree again

IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #8 - 01/31/21 at 09:41:20

The question I think that needs to be asked is who reported those numbers?  If it is the State of NY, then they obviously didn't look at their own assessment tools, or more likely were just "omitting" that information.

If it was "the news" then they are the one's that screwed up, because that verbiage is really straightforward.  People outside of a nursing home were counted at the hospital.  Poor verification, or manipulation of public statements, either way its poor conduct.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #9 - 01/31/21 at 13:57:16

Agreed..
Poor conduct.

IP Logged
oldNslow
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Rochester, NY
Reply #10 - 01/31/21 at 19:07:14

Eegore wrote on 01/31/21 at 09:41:20:
 The question I think that needs to be asked is who reported those numbers?  If it is the State of NY, then they obviously didn't look at their own assessment tools, or more likely were just "omitting" that information.

If it was "the news" then they are the one's that screwed up, because that verbiage is really straightforward.  People outside of a nursing home were counted at the hospital.  Poor verification, or manipulation of public statements, either way its poor conduct.

I think it's a bit more than "poor conduct".

Cuomo  got badly  hammered pretty early on by the NY press when it was discovered that his policy was to send still infectious, but no longer critically ill covid patients right back to the nursing home that they lived in as soon as they could be discharged from hospital instead of quarantining them somewhere until they were no longer a danger to the other rsidents and staff.  He did finally change that policy.

He is still, rightly in my opinion, being blamed for his culpability in the horrendous death toll in NY among nursing home residents.

Cuomo doesn't like that. He*l, he published a friggin book last spring touting what a wonderful job he was doing handling the pandemic in NY compared to the governors in other states.

Not counting nursing home residents that die after they get sick enough to be sent to a hospital to die, as NURSING HOME DEATHS, looks to me like deliberate political manipulation in order to keep the numbers down so governor a'shole doesn't look any worse than he already does.  

IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #11 - 01/31/21 at 19:21:12

"Not counting nursing home residents that die after they get sick enough to be sent to a hospital to die, as NURSING HOME DEATHS, looks to me like deliberate political manipulation in order to keep the numbers down so governor a'shole doesn't look any worse than he already does. "

Given the surrounding circumstances I think this very well could be true.

The idea that it was "covered up" I can't exactly get on board with because the collection method is right there in black and white since day 1.  I would definitely say the specifics were omitted due to the reasons you present.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #12 - 01/31/21 at 19:25:05

You don't figure manslaughter is
Poor behavior?

IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #13 - 02/01/21 at 00:34:38

"You don't figure manslaughter is
Poor behavior?"

Did I say manslaughter is not poor behavior or in any way defend, approve, concur or otherwise in any way say manslaughter is any behavior of any kind?

How are you arriving at the idea that I do not think manslaughter is poor behavior?

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #14 - 02/01/21 at 07:48:42

Sorry, I should have quoted
Old
And replied to him.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
03/29/24 at 00:59:37

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › NY did it wrong?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.