Send Topic Print
Fear 3 (Read 157 times)
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Re: Fear 3
Reply #15 - 02/14/21 at 19:35:45

Well not everyone agrees the election was stolen.  Certainly not everyone overseas.    

Bottom line no matter who you think won, it's unlikely that every decision is based exclusively around that issue.  If Trump used the NG for this reason it would be ok for you and the other side, whatever that is, would say it's a bad idea.

There's a lot of moving parts and when they say the NG will be in DC until the trial is over and security risks have been assessed, I imagine that is what will happen.  Given the zero evidence I can bring to the table I don't expect my assessment on the appropriateness of the action means anything at all.

IP Logged
MnSpring
Serious Thumper

Younger than most
people my age.

Minn
Reply #16 - 02/15/21 at 07:53:58

Eegore wrote on 02/14/21 at 19:35:45:

Well not everyone agrees the election was stolen.  Certainly not everyone overseas.  ...

Why does what someone,
who is not a Citizen of this Nation,
who pays no Taxes in or to this Nation,
who has no horse in the race concerning this Nation,

opinion matter ?

A opinion, sure,
'It is my opinion that now,
the Queen of the UK, CA, AS, is benevolent,
yet that Monarchy that Controls those Countries can suddenly change'

My OPINION,
    DOES NOT MATTER,
to the subjects in those Countries,
nor should it !!!!!

(The exception is if, one is from 'down under' then they can pontificate on how some other Nation should be run)

Ben Franklin once said: "If you give up a freedom, for the sake of security, you will have neither".
Which is More TRUE, today, than yesterday.('06, S-40, Stock) well, mostly .
  IP Logged
Mavigogun
Serious Thumper

We roll farther
together

Progressive Texas
Reply #17 - 02/15/21 at 09:15:41

This is an easy question to answer: how our allies, friends, and enemies regard us has world- wide implications- both for how we are received,  and how those folks choose to comport themselves based on our model. Moreover, the perspectives of those removed from our factional fracas are an invaluable reflection on where we are at, where we are going; navigation requires external references.

While bigots reflexively reject feedback from outside their echo chamber, they, too, often look abroad for support from other ethno-nationalists for confirmation of prejudice.   As always, utility depends on a good faith desire to undersatand.

2007 LS650 s40, presently being rebuilt
  IP Logged
Mavigogun
Serious Thumper

We roll farther
together

Progressive Texas
Reply #18 - 02/15/21 at 09:18:48

(A reliable sign of a failed intellect: they attack the messenger when the message doesn't conform to their prejudice.   Of course,  that same failed intellect will take all critique as evidence of prejudice; for the bigot, truisms lose value, armoring against discovery, consideration.)

IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #19 - 02/15/21 at 09:53:43

"Why does what someone,
who is not a Citizen of this Nation,
who pays no Taxes in or to this Nation,
who has no horse in the race concerning this Nation,
opinion matter ?
"

You are asking why the Head of the Foreign Affairs Committee in Russia’s Federation Council's opinion matters on a topic like Foreign Affairs?  

Well because of their position on the international political stage they have influence on us and other parts of the world without the requirement of paying taxes or having citizenship, where your opinion or mine does not.  They do have a horse in the race, it just doesn't pay taxes or need citizenship to be on the track.

Now let's look at what actually said and realize I never said it "matters" to begin with.

"A reliable sign of a failed intellect: they attack the messenger when the message doesn't conform to their prejudice."

Yeah that's pretty normal here.  If you ask for clarification you are attacking their position, if you ask for evidence you are attacking their position, if you agree with part of it but not the math on one section and provide the numbers yourself with multiple references you are attacking their position.

IP Logged
Mavigogun
Serious Thumper

We roll farther
together

Progressive Texas
Reply #20 - 02/15/21 at 11:16:05

Were they accountants, aeronautical engineers, bakers- really, anything with a performance linked to a product -they would be completely unemployable-

-but they are not: the product is sophistry, for which they are their own customer.   Success is measured not by truth, but by how well their sentiment is reflected.   In that, the likes of MnSpring perfectly depict their character- nothing is ever resolved or discovered, because such is not their purpose; the conflict is endless, because it is at cross purposes- one to affirm identity, the other to test and refine  common understanding.

“I am this.  I am THIS.  I AM THIS!”- in the flesh, we wouldn’t continue that non-conversation for more time than it took to navigate around the section of sidewalk they’ve encamped.

IP Logged
MnSpring
Serious Thumper

Younger than most
people my age.

Minn
Reply #21 - 02/15/21 at 12:45:50

Mavigogun wrote on 02/15/21 at 09:15:41:
...While bigots reflexively reject feedback from outside their echo chamber, ...
... A reliable sign of a failed intellect: they attack the messenger when the message doesn't conform to their prejudice. ...

What color is the Pot, calling the Kettle ?

Ben Franklin once said: "If you give up a freedom, for the sake of security, you will have neither".
Which is More TRUE, today, than yesterday.('06, S-40, Stock) well, mostly .
  IP Logged
Mavigogun
Serious Thumper

We roll farther
together

Progressive Texas
Reply #22 - 02/15/21 at 13:09:01

Mavigogun wrote on 02/15/21 at 09:18:48:
  Of course,  that same failed intellect will take all critique as evidence of prejudice; for the bigot, truisms lose value, armoring against discovery, consideration.

Right on cue with the predictably juvenile 'I-know-you-are-but-what-am-I' equivocation- as foretold, and as unnecessary to predict as the setting sun.    

IP Logged
Mavigogun
Serious Thumper

We roll farther
together

Progressive Texas
Reply #23 - 02/15/21 at 13:52:57

Here, an emblematic demonstration of MnSpring's affliction:

MnSpring wrote on 02/14/21 at 11:30:09:

The new POTUS gave eligible Citizens in the US, $600.00 *snip*

Those following along with reality realize the $600 relief payment was negotiated under the Trump adminstration, began disbursement before the inauguration,  and, like most all appropriations, was an act of Congress.   Of course, details like 'what is real' don't matter to MnSpring,  or his purpose, invariably to voice prejudice and tribal animus.

I KNEW immediately this to be an insipid proclomation, demonstrating both a lack of basic understanding of the record, and equal lack of care for truth- truth,  after all, being inconvenient to MnSpring's sentiment.    Despite that, my first reaction was "could this be true?   Could I have, however unlikely, completely misapprehended who the actors were, the function of our government,  and the sequence of events?"   I did not stop at wondering, though,  checking the record before drafting this response-

Because that is who I am.  Make no mistake, MnSpring: I do not accuse you of curiosity,  a capacity for self doubt, or integrity.   When I reflect on your character, I do not project my own qualities onto you.   I do not merely label your appearance,  but examine and describe the haecceity of your... kettle.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
03/29/24 at 05:44:46

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › Fear 3

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.