Send Topic Print
Shinko (Read 198 times)
Ruttly
Serious Thumper

Thumpers Rule

Manteca , CA
Re: Shinko
Reply #15 - 01/30/21 at 10:35:49

And your right Springer , gettin old sucks ! Sometimes I feel young , usually when I’m riding. I better hurry and finish the tracker , I need to lose twenty years ! Grin Grin Grin

The Topic Terminator
  IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #16 - 01/30/21 at 11:11:15

I was in a motorcycle store yesterday, and I saw that they had a Michelin Commander III in a 130/70-18 size!  MM Ranch could get close to 20,000 miles on his Commander tires.

Unfortunately they don't make a size suitable for the front in an 18" size...they do have a 100/90-19 in the Commader II for those who are running the stock size front rim.

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #17 - 01/30/21 at 12:09:31

Wow ,

I could put Commander II's on Kate if I keep her long enough to wear out the K-70 rear she has now !

But , then again ...

The K-70 (400x18) will let her go almost anywhere I point her ... I did even think about putting a K-70 (3.50x19) on the front too ?  

It would be nice if Shinko would produce the K-70 because I think Dunlop is a little pricey for what it is , at least compared to Shinko  Huh

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see. How far Man's corruption reaches into Organized Religion , we may never know
WWW MMRanch MMRanch   IP Logged
Ruttly
Serious Thumper

Thumpers Rule

Manteca , CA
Reply #18 - 01/30/21 at 17:01:45

I’ve always run Dunlop’s on everything and never had a issue. If I don’t like the Continentals then it will be a set of Dunlop K81s and call it DONE.

The Topic Terminator
  IP Logged
Ruttly
Serious Thumper

Thumpers Rule

Manteca , CA
Reply #19 - 01/30/21 at 18:18:47

Ain’t nothing wrong with runnin K70s MM. The original scrambler tire , in the old days they were the best flat track tire available. That tire has a ton of history and came on Triumph & BSA from the factory on certain models. A very capable old school tire with modern rubber technology , can’t really go wrong.

The Topic Terminator
  IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #20 - 01/30/21 at 21:18:07

OK , now I have to look up what a K-81 is ?

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see. How far Man's corruption reaches into Organized Religion , we may never know
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #21 - 01/30/21 at 21:21:01

Hay that K81 looks like the original equipment for the W650 !

It had about 12k miles when I got it and the rear was about 90% slick.

Ruttly
Serious Thumper

Thumpers Rule

Manteca , CA
Reply #22 - 01/31/21 at 01:01:25

Another Legendary Dunlop tire from days gone by !

The Topic Terminator
  IP Logged
Ruttly
Serious Thumper

Thumpers Rule

Manteca , CA
Reply #23 - 01/31/21 at 02:57:47

My current tires are Kenda 761s , front 110/80-18 , rear 120/80-18 the Continental Conti Tire are front 110/80-18 , rear 120/90-18 perfect sizes for the tracker. And almost identical to the Shinko 777s , Continentals it is ! Wow a set of stickies , baby gonna get some new shoes and I know just the road to test them out !

The Topic Terminator
  IP Logged
engineer
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #24 - 02/01/21 at 12:58:32

I put Continental Conti tires on my Moto Guzzi and I like them.  They don't follow the grooves in pavement as much as the Metzelers that were originally on the bike.  The Continentals were recommended to me by another Guzzi rider and they have been good tires.

2005 S40, Intruder shocks, Dyna, 52.5/150, 3 washers, 2 turns, modified seat, Raptor
  IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #25 - 02/01/21 at 16:40:21

engineer

are you on the "Wild Guzzi" site too ?

Ruttly
Serious Thumper

Thumpers Rule

Manteca , CA
Reply #26 - 02/02/21 at 12:05:47

I’m almost wishing the front wheel 19” for a better selection of tires. A lot of cool 17” tires , but if both wheels were 17” my tracker would look like a Grom and I don’t think it’s got clearance for 19” in the rear. So I stuck with 18” hoops , it does take some researching to find a matched set of skins but there is a fair selection of tires but a performance tire being maybe the hardest to find. A sport/touring/performance is what I was after for smooth speed runs and less weight and I’m thinking that if I don’t have adventure/dual purpose tires on the tracker I may be able to keep it out of the dirt & trails. Spend less time cleaning it and more time riding the crap out of it. But when it comes down to it , aint no tire gonna stop me from exploring a trail I haven’t been down before. Motorcycling is a about exploring places you’ve never been , street or dirt , I wanna see whats at the other end of that trail or road. That’s why we ride , it’s in every one of us. So go find a place you have never been before , meet some interesting people , find a killer place to eat , find out where that road or trail takes you. Gas up and Go !

« Last Edit: 02/03/21 at 09:49:08 by Ruttly »  

The Topic Terminator
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
04/19/24 at 15:32:53

General CategoryThe Cafe › Shinko

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.