Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
CDI diagram (Read 44 times)
Steddy58

Ooops I did it again

Liverpool UK
CDI diagram
01/11/21 at 18:37:02

Hi all,  having trouble with the electrics....again, could anyone do me a favour (favor) and poiunt me in the direction of a picture,photo or drawing of the wiring set-up of a 1988 igniter box (CDI) cos I'm having a bit of trouble remembering which colour (color) wire goes where, I think I've done it correctly but   having had problems in the past with it and knowing how sensitive they are I want to be completely 100% no doubt about it convinced that I've got the all the right things in all the right places, many thanks for any help

1988 sav, mikuni vm36 carb (lancer),high comp piston, racing cam, raptor petcock, self-made exhaust, delkevic silencer (ryca header), K&N air filter, 48,000 miles
  IP Logged
Gary_in_NJ
Serious Thumper

LS650 Cafe Racer

Amongst the Twisty Roads
Re: CDI diagram
Reply #1 - 01/11/21 at 19:10:58

Just a few seconds to find in the tech section

http://suzukisavage.com/cgi-bin/YaBB.pl?num=1294779818

A life-time student of motorcycling.
LS650 Cafe, DRZ400SM, FZ6N, SV650S, CB900C, Ducati ST2, CB550F-SS
My LS650=> http://suzukisavage.com/yabb2.2/Attachments/Left.JPG
  IP Logged
Steddy58

Ooops I did it again

Liverpool UK
Re: CDI diagram
Reply #2 - 01/11/21 at 19:46:06

yeah I have seen that, I dont mean the wiring diagram thats in the Clymer manual I mean which pins  on the CDI does each wire go to, there's a diagram in the tech section -I think, which shows a 1997? CDI box with the pins numbered and shows which colour wire goes to which pin, but I'm sure I've read somewhere that the boxes and connecters are different for different years. Are the position of the wires on the '97 box the same as the  the position of the wires on the '88 box ? I know the boxes have slightly different designs

1988 sav, mikuni vm36 carb (lancer),high comp piston, racing cam, raptor petcock, self-made exhaust, delkevic silencer (ryca header), K&N air filter, 48,000 miles
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/17/24 at 03:33:33

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › CDI diagram

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.