Events for 2021 (Read 2101 times)
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Re: Events for 2021
Reply #345 - 09/13/21 at 15:37:12

Hello from my friendly neighborhood library !

We have a wedding to attend Saturday , so we don't get to leave till Sunday morning.

I still don't know which bike we'll bring ?

Versey , give Lancer a "Hearty Hello" for me while your there !  Smiley

Dave , we hope to see ya and Deb Monday morning  Smiley

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see. How far Man's corruption reaches into Organized Religion ,that we may never know
WWW MMRanch MMRanch   IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #346 - 09/14/21 at 10:53:20

I should be there Sunday afternoon as well.

WWW   IP Logged
springman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Spring, Texas
Reply #347 - 09/17/21 at 15:13:58

Ya'll have fun!!

06 S40 seat mod, airhawk, HD muffler, Shinko 712 140-90-15 rear tire, Shinko 230 front tire, versy cam chain tensioner, Rotella oil, Volar brake pads, EBC clutch & springs
  IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #348 - 09/18/21 at 03:28:58

springman wrote on 09/17/21 at 15:13:58:
Ya'll have fun!!

Are you sure you don't want to come?  (What happened with Jury Duty?)

You can throw those wayward motorcycles on a trailer and you will have 3 knowledgeable guys to help you fix them!

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #349 - 09/19/21 at 06:10:46

I’ll be there in about 6 hours

WWW   IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #350 - 09/19/21 at 12:33:41

I’m here at the ark house

WWW   IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #351 - 09/19/21 at 16:55:18

Visited Versy at the Ark -  now back at the campground and going to play some music!

IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #352 - 09/19/21 at 20:50:09

We're here .    Versey took the first turn buying dinner tonight hamburgers tonight , "says he's having steak tomorrow when its my turn",   Roll Eyes I'm looking for a goat to bring to the cook for tomorrow night !  Grin
So we may need a ride in the country tomorrow.  Wink

So we followed the GPS on the way here from middle Tn.  It seemed odd to go into Alabama from Tn. to go northwest... but who knows, maybe there was a traffic jam going across the bridge between Memphis and Arkansas ?    Well, when we got to Louisiana I knew something was WAY Wrong !   After checking ... Interstate was turned off as a choice ...
So we enjoy our ride down the Natchez Trace on the way to Arkansas from Lynchburg anyway.  Smiley
Looks like Great Biking weather tomorrow !

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see. How far Man's corruption reaches into Organized Religion ,that we may never know
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #353 - 09/20/21 at 05:23:59

MM:

You are lucky your GPS didn't take you down a couple of dirt Forest Roads on the way here.......your GPS has been known to do that.

Deb and I used a GPS to get here - however she keeps checking our Atlas to make sure the GPS isn't taking us someplace we don't want to go!

The weather forecast for today looks great.  The forecast shows rain coming in 1 AM Tuesday morning and lasting until after sunrise.  Likely we will have to wait for the rain to go away and the roads to dry before we head out on Tuesday.  The remainder of the week will be dry - the Thursday night low is forecast to be 46!

IP Logged
springman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Spring, Texas
Reply #354 - 09/21/21 at 09:33:12

Glad to hear you all made it there safe and sound. Even if some took the long way to get there.

Yep, I sure wish I could be there but just too much going on here. Had a government inspection of the lab today which went just fine. But also been the driver for my wife as she is hobbling around due to bad knees. She had the worst one operated about 6 weeks ago and the next one will be next Tuesday. We did not realize how bad the unoperated knee was until it was forced to work extra while rehabing the operated knee. Well, hopefully she will be fine in the next few weeks.

Too bad, I would love to have all that mechanic brain power helping me with the S40.

You guys have a great time and hopefully I can join you guys in a ride next year. I am thinking I will not have the opportunity for a ride this year. But who knows?!?!

06 S40 seat mod, airhawk, HD muffler, Shinko 712 140-90-15 rear tire, Shinko 230 front tire, versy cam chain tensioner, Rotella oil, Volar brake pads, EBC clutch & springs
  IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #355 - 09/23/21 at 07:14:16

Did y’all get cooled down ?
Any rain ?

IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #356 - 09/23/21 at 19:29:32

LANCER wrote on 09/23/21 at 07:14:16:
Did y’all get cooled down ?
Any rain ?

It rained tuesday morn, but not much.
much cooler.

WWW   IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #357 - 09/23/21 at 21:11:47

Hay , we went to PUSH MOUNTAIN today.  The road getting there is just as good or better than going up and down PUSH MOUNTAIN its-self !   We didn't get started till the temps warmed up a bit ... but we still had a nice 5 hours + of ridding some of Arkansas's finest roads.

Today we also did the most dangerous ( in my opinion ) thing of the entire trip.   We ate breakfast at the "Cliff-House" restaurant.  Yea ridding the roads is not  dangerous at all , they are in great shape.   Eating breakfast while sitting in a house 2/3 hanging off a cliff supported by wooden supports seems Really Dangerous to me.   But , we did it anyway !  

More fun is planned for tomorrow!  Wink

Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #358 - 09/24/21 at 04:18:48

We are having so much fun riding.......it is hard to find time to log on and file a report!

The roads here are in really good shape, traffic is incredibly light as long as you ride the secondary roads and stay off the 4 lanes.....and avoid riding through Harrison which is always busy and takes a long time to navigate through.

Yesterday while coming back from Push Mountain I was leading and I started to notice a "fowl" smell.......the smell of aged chicken poo.  There was just a hint of the smell at first - but it seemed odd that the smell wasn't going away and seemed to be getting stronger.  As we continued riding and the smell was getting stronger I caught a glimpse of a truck with a large flat sided dump bed ahead of us.....and there was a faint cloud of brown dust blowing out of the bed!  At that point I realized the truck was hauling chicken poo..........and the occasional white feather on the road was a confirmation on what the cargo was. I stayed well back until we got a chance to pass and the wind seemed to be favorable to blowing the dust cloud away from the passing lane - then our group exceeded the speed limit for the first time this week!  I kept everybody out until the sun was setting - and a couple of deer crossing the road reminded us it was time to be back home and not riding after dark.

The weather this year caught us off guard a little bit, as the temperature has been far cooler than previous years.  Overnight temperatures have dropped just below 50 - however it doesn't take long to get up over 60 when the sun comes up.  Daytime temperatures have been in the middle 60's to low 70's - when the sun is setting it cools off quickly.

Today is Versy's last riding day - the rest of us will be riding again on Saturday and leaving on Sunday.    

IP Logged
springman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Spring, Texas
Reply #359 - 09/24/21 at 11:08:02

Well, I am jealous but glad you are all having a good time.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 24 25 26 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
03/28/24 at 03:54:00

General CategoryThe Cafe › Events for 2021

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.