Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Re: Events for 2021
Reply #330 - 07/13/21 at 09:31:40

I want this to be received in a supportive way - Jasper is a town that is not all polished up, neat, tidy and freshly painted.  The town looks old, and the only place with a manicured yard is the bank on the north side of town.

The Riverview Motel is just like every other business in town - it could use a coat of paint!

For me the appeal of the town is not shiny buildings - but the people,  The local folks are the warmest and most welcoming people of any place I have ever traveled.

And,,,,,,the roads are lightly traveled, "Steep and Crooked" as the road signs proclaim, and there is a nice mix of mountains, rivers and wildlife scenery.  

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #331 - 07/13/21 at 10:54:05

MMRanch wrote on 07/13/21 at 09:10:38:
Would you be interested in going in on thirds on this room (two bedrooms one bath)

I willing to share!  Just make sure it has Wifi.

And that is within walking distance to the Ozark Cafe, so I know where we're having breakfast.   Grin

Have we heard from Lancer yet?

WWW   IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #332 - 07/13/21 at 16:25:33

Hay , I'll check on the WiFi .    

We're having breakfast at Dave and Deb's !   Wink

So , if it has WiFi I'll book the two bedroom one bath model !   Smiley

Breakfast might require a drive , I believe the Motel is right down town. ???

UaOah

I looked and they're not braging about having WiFi ???   Huh   I called and left a message w/my phone # .

Its hard to believe anybody could get by without WiFi in todays world ??

Do ya think Lancer might be joining us then maybe we could move to the River-View ?    The Lady I chatted with there said that "Durning ELK BUGGLEING SEASON (Sept.) they normally are booked solid .
The River View says "WI-FI Available" and their rooms are all $72.oo total/night.

Marcia would rather me get the Motel downtown , but if Lancer is joining us then all would be good with moving down by the river ... but we better hurry up and get booked or we'll be left out  ?   Roll Eyes

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see. How far Man's corruption reaches into Organized Religion , we may never know
WWW MMRanch MMRanch   IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #333 - 07/13/21 at 20:36:13

Marcia found out the Arkansas House does have WiFi , so either place is good !    
But
We should know if Lancer can join us before we commit .

Hay , Should one of us call the campground about getting #'s 13 & 14 together ?    

I'm a little concerned about everything getting taken and leaving us with tent camping .   Marcia would stay home .

Versey that would just leave me and you sleeping on cots in a non airconditioned 8x10 tent ...  Embarrassed

Grin ;    Grin Grin Grin

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see. How far Man's corruption reaches into Organized Religion , we may never know
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #334 - 07/13/21 at 22:37:47

13/14 would be good if lancer goes.

Otherwise the others would be fine.

I'll send an email and see what lancer is going to do.

WWW   IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #335 - 07/14/21 at 08:49:08

No lancer

So whichever Marcia prefers is ok with me.

WWW   IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #336 - 07/14/21 at 15:37:30

Paula and I are going to SC & NC from Sep 11-26 to see all our kids and grandkids.  Foiled again.

IP Logged
springman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Spring, Texas
Reply #337 - 07/15/21 at 08:52:03

Lancer, you and Paula need to enjoy those kiddos. I hope you both have a great time. Please give my regards to Paula.

06 S40 seat mod, airhawk, HD muffler, Shinko 712 140-90-15 rear tire, Shinko 230 front tire, versy cam chain tensioner, Rotella oil, Volar brake pads, EBC clutch & springs
  IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #338 - 07/15/21 at 15:49:19

springman wrote on 07/15/21 at 08:52:03:
Lancer, you and Paula need to enjoy those kiddos. I hope you both have a great time. Please give my regards to Paula.

Yes, this is a needful joy.  😁

IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #339 - 07/16/21 at 12:40:24

Lancer I'll miss seeing ya in Sept. but I hope to have grandchildren to go visit one day too ?  
Smiley

Well ,   I just paid 1/2 down on Kristina's Room at the Arkansas House for the 19th - 25th of Sept.  After tax and all the fees it was $739.20 for 6 nights.    It has two separate bedrooms with a large bathroom in the middle.   There is  a GREAT ROOM in the down stairs we can use and plenty of parking in the front and back.   It does have free WiFi and is located in the Downtown block.  It has a little fridge and coffee maker also.   Marcia and I looked at it last year (Great Room and Downstairs)  and my impression was "This is nice , I'll bet it's pricy ? " ...   Roll Eyes

Versey , I asked her (Carla) to add your name (Versey) to get the key if you get there first .   Cool

« Last Edit: 07/19/21 at 08:02:08 by MMRanch »  

Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #340 - 07/16/21 at 13:22:27

Great MM.....now you can all walk to the Ozark Cafe' to get your milkshakes!  (They sure do make great milkshakes.....almost a meal!).

The campground is only half a mile away - so the commute back and forth will be easy.

I do believe with inflation and all the lodging and restaurants trying to recover from the Covid shutdowns.....prices are going to rise significantly.  When it is a men only event I have no problem staying in a campground and walking to the bath house - but when our lovely wives come with us they deserve a bit nicer housing.

IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #341 - 07/16/21 at 19:01:31

Thanks MM, I should be there about noon on the 19th

WWW   IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #342 - 07/16/21 at 21:29:02

I'm glad you can get to Jasper in the middle of the day !   It will be about 10 hour drive for us , so we should be getting there about early evening ish !   Grin

Jasper is a neat little town !  Cool

MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #343 - 07/24/21 at 04:30:03

Good morning guys   Smiley

I'm always debating with myself about  "Which Bike to Bring" ???  It's nice to have a choice !  Smiley

I've rode the Kate more than any so far this year , and figured the K-70 Dunlop would have been wore-out after the Texas Ride.   But it wore past the shallow "teeth" it had when new - down to the "meat" of tire its self and just quit wearing out !    
So
I've been thinking , "Soon as I replace the tire I'll sell it !  Wink
Well
The more I ride it , the more I think I'll just keep it ?  
And
That back tire just keeps on going !    I'll might put the Cont. Twin on it before our Sept ride if the K-70 is gone or not .    Nine thousand miles and still looking good .     Those wear bars are still a long way down in there !  Huh

#1 is shallower than #2 ,
« Last Edit: 07/24/21 at 20:08:40 by MMRanch »  

K_70_w_9Kmiles__25mp.jpg

Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #344 - 09/12/21 at 12:44:38

Deb and I will be leaving next Saturday for Jasper and we will arrive Sunday afternoon.  The weather forecast is looking great!  Sunny, daytime highs in the 80's and night time lows around 60.

This looks to be a really great riding week if the weather forecast proves to be accurate!  

JasperWeather.PNG

IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 23 24 25 26
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
04/18/24 at 11:20:59

General CategoryThe Cafe › Events for 2021

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.