MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Re: Events for 2021
Reply #315 - 07/05/21 at 06:47:16

OK ,  Smiley

I enjoyed my stay at the campground last year .   The cabin might not be booked up yet  ???  But if it is ... then ... I better get on reserving it 19th - 25rd  ???.    

The name of the town was Jasper the best I remember .

I'll have to go looking to see what's going to work after dark tonight .  

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see. How far Man's corruption reaches into Organized Religion ,that we may never know
WWW MMRanch MMRanch   IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #316 - 07/05/21 at 09:52:59

The campground we stayed at last year was called Dogwood Springs.
https://jasperdogwoodcabinsandrv.com/

I just sent them an email about getting a spot for our camper from September 19 - 25th.

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #317 - 07/05/21 at 22:46:06

I'm thinking of getting a room in  Little Switzerland  room (#3) , in Jasper Ar.    Best I can tell is in the town itself or close to it ?

or

https://www.expedia.com/Harrison-Hotels-Family-Budget-Inn.h2406452.Hotel-Info...

Hay Dave , This is a regular Motel - w/all the good stuff - and you wouldn't have to pull your trailer - their regular rate $$ is friendly too

If we and our solo guys stayed here , we could just meet for our day rides
?  Huh

Is there a place near Harrison to park a travel trailer ?

https://www.harrisonvillagervpark.net/

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see. How far Man's corruption reaches into Organized Religion ,that we may never know
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #318 - 07/06/21 at 03:18:06

MMRanch wrote on 07/05/21 at 22:46:06:
I'm thinking of getting a room in  Little Switzerland  room (#3) , in Jasper Ar.    

Hay Dave , This is a regular Motel - w/all the good stuff - and you wouldn't have to pull your trailer - their regular rate $$ is friendly too

Is there a place near Harrison to park a travel trailer ?

Little Switzerland is a few miles north of downtown Jasper.  The cabins/rooms look like they are jammed together in a small area right next to the highway....they look interesting.  There are also a few hotels and cabins right at the edge of Jasper as you drive in from the north.....probably 1/2 a mile from the campground.  If you or any of the others decided to stay in Jasper, it is a short ride to gather for the day ride (or breakfast at our camper).  There are nice little shops and a great restaurant in Jasper (with those great milkshakes Marcia loves).....it would be a nice place to get a hotel room.  I believe the Arkansas House looks a bit nicer than the Riverview Motel - but I have never stayed at either one.
https://thearkhouse.com/
http://www.riverviewmotelandcanoe.com/your-stay.html
http://www.gordonmotel.com/
https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/16148777?source_impression_id=p3_1625588859_6%2B...

Harrison would not be a nice place to stay....it is full of traffic and pavement and it can be incredibly hot in September.  The first year Deb and I spent some time in Harrison getting travel information and it was a typical city and a bit confusing to get around in.  It also is a long way from the nice riding areas......it is north of the Ozark Mountains and we would need to ride 20 miles south every day to get to the good rides.  Jasper is right on the edge of the good riding areas, and the rides can be looped to leave on one road and come back on another.....the Buffalo River passes right through Jasper.

We will be bringing our camper - we bought it to use for trips like this.  In addition to being able to haul our bike and give us our own bed to sleep in - it gives us the ability to cook meals and we don't have to eat out every meal.

« Last Edit: 07/06/21 at 09:32:33 by Dave »  

IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #319 - 07/06/21 at 17:51:42

Dave, if I remember right, last year you got the 1st trailer spot #11/12.
If we have 4 more people coming in, we can get cabin 13/14 for a savings.
There is a queen in 13 and a queen and a twin in 14.

Lets talk!

WWW   IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #320 - 07/06/21 at 18:50:46

Versy:

We were in spot 11&12 last year.....13 & 14 are cabins that are right next door.  That would be nice, as those cabins have a nice fire pit area.

The only bad part about those sites are the sewage hookup on my trailer is near the front, and I really have to straddle two trailer sites to connect to the sewer.  It was fine during the week - but on Friday they rented out space 11 and I had to hook back up and pull my trailer forward a bunch.....and then the folks that were going to take that spot broke down and never showed up.

I was going to try and reserve spot 3 or 4 - as those spots would work really well for my camper.

It appears the cost of the cabins might have gone up this year - do you remember what you paid last year?  $85 a night for a two person cabin seems a bit steep.  The cabins at Little Switzerland are about $20 cheaper each night.

IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #321 - 07/06/21 at 20:45:44

I'll have to look for the invoice.

but from my email inquiry...
Family Cottage #18 ??? $89.00/2 people

WWW   IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #322 - 07/07/21 at 03:38:16

I don't want to get banned to the Tall Table - but I believe recent events like Covid and inflation are causing prices to go up considerably.  The days of the $40 cabin are likely gone.

The owners of restaurants/campgrounds/cabins are all trying to recover from the madness that has occurred the last year and a half - and they have had to raise their prices to help with the recovery.  And the fact that folks are traveling and camping in the US instead of traveling abroad has put a big demand on the campgrounds.  It is not uncommon to make reservations 6-12 months ahead of time for stays in the State and National Parks.

IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #323 - 07/07/21 at 07:14:06

Hay Versey

The little cabin we had last year wasn't much to brag about .   I'd rather stay at the same place but :

So If Marcia and I get 1/2 and you and Springman get 1/2 we can get a discount ?

I haven't reserved anything yet .    Instead of getting them separately , will they give us a break $$$ if one of us just books them both ?   Huh    Are you calling them or am I   Undecided .

The alt :  
https://www.expedia.com/Jasper-Hotels-Historic-Little-Switzerland-Room-5.h413...
https://www.expedia.com/Jasper-Hotels-Historic-Little-Switzerland-Room-4.h413...

springman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Spring, Texas
Reply #324 - 07/07/21 at 10:49:35

Hey guys, it all sounds like a bunch of fun but I cannot make it that week. You guys enjoy. I wish I could go but work has been hectic and I actually have a small family get together for the weekend of 25th in Galveston.

06 S40 seat mod, airhawk, HD muffler, Shinko 712 140-90-15 rear tire, Shinko 230 front tire, versy cam chain tensioner, Rotella oil, Volar brake pads, EBC clutch & springs
  IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #325 - 07/07/21 at 11:20:09

Undecided

If we change dates would it help ?

springman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Spring, Texas
Reply #326 - 07/07/21 at 15:02:06

Not sure. I went to jury duty yesterday and apparently it was to qualify to sit on a grand jury. Those of us that qualified have to go back on Aug 2, 3 for selection. If selected I will have to serve 2 days out of the week for a 3 month period. Cannot say I am happy about it. Hopefully I will not be selected. So, you guys enjoy as for now I cannot say if I will be able to take off for a week at all this year.

06 S40 seat mod, airhawk, HD muffler, Shinko 712 140-90-15 rear tire, Shinko 230 front tire, versy cam chain tensioner, Rotella oil, Volar brake pads, EBC clutch & springs
  IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #327 - 07/12/21 at 12:42:26

I called today and locked in Camping Spot #5 at the top of the hill.

We are arriving on the afternoon of September 19th and leaving the morning of the 25th (unless we are having so much fun we feel the need to stay longer).

Springman.....Sorry if you can't make it.  You never know about Jury Duty, and unfortunately that makes it impossible to make plans once you get their notice.

IP Logged
springman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Spring, Texas
Reply #328 - 07/13/21 at 08:25:48

Thanks Dave. You're right, I really have no idea what is going to happen with jury duty. I really hope I do not have to serve this time. Well, you guys enjoy. That last Arkansas ride was incredibly enjoyable.

IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #329 - 07/13/21 at 09:10:38

Hay Versey ,

I just got off the phone with the River View Motel nice lady .    Their rooms are one queen and one full for $72. total/night , not set up to share a room though.   I ask about pictures of the rooms and she said check back in a couple of weeks that her web person is still working on it , (must be her son-in-law) .   Tongue

http://www.riverviewmotelandcanoe.com/your-stay.html

I'll check the others too ...

Hay Versey ...

Would you be interested in going in on thirds on this room (two bedrooms one bath) ?    Me and Marcia either one see a problem in sharing a bathroom (I'll leave the exaust fan running if you will  Grin) , heck if you was staying at our house it wouldn't be any different.

https://thearkhouse.com/rooms/#kristinas

Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 23 24 ... 26
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
03/28/24 at 09:54:27

General CategoryThe Cafe › Events for 2021

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.