springman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Spring, Texas
Re: Events for 2021
Reply #300 - 06/14/21 at 12:02:05

Smiley

06 S40 seat mod, airhawk, HD muffler, Shinko 712 140-90-15 rear tire, Shinko 230 front tire, versy cam chain tensioner, Rotella oil, Volar brake pads, EBC clutch & springs
  IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #301 - 06/20/21 at 19:20:30

I was a bit surprised how little tire wear we had in 3-1/2 days of riding in the mountains.  The tires got a little bit scuffy - but my tires did not lose as much rubber as we normally do.

I believe the difference was the cooler temperatures we were riding in - evidently riding in 90+ temperatures really accelerates tire wear!

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #302 - 06/20/21 at 20:34:41

Weather permitting ???

Next Saturday is Italian bike day at Suches.   I'm wanting to go Friday ,spend the night to be there for breakfast Saturday morning.  There might be some BMW s  there too ?  

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see. How far Man's corruption reaches into Organized Religion , we may never know
WWW MMRanch MMRanch   IP Logged
badwolf
Serious Thumper

Ridin' my Lil'
Bagger - 153k miles
so far

Palm Beach County, FL
Reply #303 - 06/20/21 at 20:48:24

MM, Do you mean the 25th, or the 2nd?
I am going to the KSL for the 4th weekend, if you're around we'll hook-up for lunch. I still owe you for your BBQ 2 years ago.

IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #304 - 06/21/21 at 06:37:50

Hay Carl  Smiley

That date would be the June 25th and 26th.  Weather permitting , that is  Tongue.

You ever stayed at Two Wheels of Suches Ga. ?     Blood Mountain and Wolf Pen Gap are the named roads in the area , but the whole area is Dragon like ridding , maybe not as tight-twistiness but close.

You still got my phone # ?     I can run up to the Dragon/Skyway for lunch  on my was home then hop on Tn-30 to go home on.    

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see. How far Man's corruption reaches into Organized Religion , we may never know
badwolf
Serious Thumper

Ridin' my Lil'
Bagger - 153k miles
so far

Palm Beach County, FL
Reply #305 - 06/21/21 at 07:34:48

Mike, No I haven't stayed there, the KSL is my traveling "home". I'm going up for the 4th weekend, then again in Aug. on my way up and back to my 50th reunion. It is a FULL days ride from here, but is a great half-way point for my trips to Buffalo and Western New York.
I have been looking for other events around, are they having that m/c hillclimb near you this year?

IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #306 - 06/21/21 at 07:41:28

Hay , I'll ask our local guy (Pat) who promotes the Bike Rally and the Flat-Track events durning the summer to see what he is doing this year ???  Huh    That guy and his wife seems to always have some-thing going on !  Wink

Our spare room has a new full bed in it now , and our Rock house has the old twin bed and a couch .   So we have a place for ya when your in the neighborhood  Smiley.

badwolf
Serious Thumper

Ridin' my Lil'
Bagger - 153k miles
so far

Palm Beach County, FL
Reply #307 - 06/21/21 at 07:56:56

Mike, Post what is happening around you this year and I'll try to work something out.

IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #308 - 06/28/21 at 21:57:10

Mike, Post what is happening around you  

I visited with my friends who run the bike shop below the Squair in Lynchburg last Saturday .  

The only thing they are promoting this year is : a Flat Track Race over in the Cherokee area in east Tn. in September.

I haven't stayed at the "Kick Stand" in over a year now or ride around the area either.    Maybe , it would be good to revisit to area before the summer  is gone ?

Our trip to Arkansas last year was nice .    Its only one days ride to get there too !  
The next dry spell we get I'll have to use to catch up on my hay gathering but the one after that ... I'll need to take a ride somewhere !   Wink

springman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Spring, Texas
Reply #309 - 06/29/21 at 14:27:37

An Arkansas ride again would be nice. Let me know if you start planning that MM.

06 S40 seat mod, airhawk, HD muffler, Shinko 712 140-90-15 rear tire, Shinko 230 front tire, versy cam chain tensioner, Rotella oil, Volar brake pads, EBC clutch & springs
  IP Logged
badwolf
Serious Thumper

Ridin' my Lil'
Bagger - 153k miles
so far

Palm Beach County, FL
Reply #310 - 07/03/21 at 12:21:47

A great afternoon at the KSL! Great sunny day, the stream is babbling to itself, and the bikes are rolling up and down the road. I just have to leave a day early to make it home before a hurricane gets there. Darn weather! Only about 10 people are here for the holiday.

Life is good!

IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #311 - 07/04/21 at 11:10:35

Arkansas Trip Planning.

Last year the Arkansas trip was September 12 - 20 - give or take a day.  Deb and I left home on the 12th and stayed overnight at a campground along the way....and arrived on Sunday the 13th.  We rode all week and left on Saturday morning. In 2019 when Deb and I first went we were there a similar week.......the 15-22nd.

To repeat the timing - we have a choice of the 3rd week (12 - 18) or the 4th week (19-25).  Your actual travel days may vary with the length of your commute.

The weather in September is generally very dry with only a few days of precipitation for the entire month.  It can be pretty darn hot at times!

Does anyone have any preference about which week?

I would like to start the planning soon - so I can get the trailer spot reserved at the campground.

« Last Edit: 07/04/21 at 19:00:25 by Dave »  

IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #312 - 07/04/21 at 13:43:11

No preference... but life happens.

WWW   IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #313 - 07/04/21 at 20:41:30

I have to be home on the 18th for a wedding , Some of ya'll remember Jed (the one that wrecks everyday) .

Well , some young lady has got him right where he wants to be.  Grin

Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #314 - 07/05/21 at 03:15:11

MMRanch wrote on 07/04/21 at 20:41:30:
I have to be home on the 18th for a wedding

It takes you and Marcia a day to travel to Arkansas - so it sounds like you would want to drive to Arkansas on Sunday the 19th and ride the following week (20-25).  That fits into what we have done previously - as Deb and I drive 2 days to get to Jasper. (We leave Sat 18 & arrive in mid afternoon on Sunday 19).

There is likely nothing really magic about having to leave on Saturday the 25th and anyone can stay a bit longer if they want.......in the past I have gone back to work on Monday - however we could stay a few days longer if the campsite is open.  The pet sitter for Lily and the Stoopid cat is the only thing we have to restrict us on how long we stay.  

IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 22 23 ... 26
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
04/18/24 at 12:24:44

General CategoryThe Cafe › Events for 2021

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.