Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Re: Events for 2021
Reply #255 - 05/17/21 at 18:55:30

Monday, May 31st is Memorial Day....that is the weekend I had tentatively marked for our trip.

That weekend is still OK with me, and Stew is checking to see if it is OK with Paula.  That weekend could have a bit more traffic than normal - but the good news is that I get Monday off and I could ride all day on Sunday and go home on Monday.

If you want to spend the Memorial Day weekend with family - we can go on a different weekend.

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #256 - 05/17/21 at 21:27:37

I'd had the thought to head home on Sunday after breakfast .  

Or

Maybe a early lunch (Sunday)  then cross the Skyway back into TN. ???   Hwy 30 going west out of Tellico is a nice ride .    

I need to know which tent to bring .     They both pack-up to about the same size ... the set-up time and room inside is the biggest difference.

This Saturday is a Guzzi Meet-n-greet , I could see if some of them might want to meet us at Suches for a Saturday ride ?   

I'm thinking that the Savage would be the "Right Bike" for this one .   Smiley

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see. How far Man's corruption reaches into Organized Religion , we may never know
WWW MMRanch MMRanch   IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #257 - 05/18/21 at 03:26:58

MM:

If you want to go home Sunday morning - Stew and I can ride part way with you (However the ride on the gravel Forest Road 15 is not an option this year!  Never trust a Garmin or the man who owns one).

Taking Route 52 from Chatsworth over to East Elijay over the mountain is a nice ride and very scenic.  Then head north on 76 to old 76, and then get to Dial Road is a really nice ride to Suches.

IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #258 - 05/18/21 at 07:15:47

I'll have to pull it up on MapQuest this evening when I have more time.  

But

I'll try almost anything once ?   Grin

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see. How far Man's corruption reaches into Organized Religion , we may never know
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #259 - 05/18/21 at 09:27:39

MMRanch wrote on 05/18/21 at 07:15:47:
I'll have to pull it up on MapQuest this evening when I have more time.  

But

I'll try almost anything once ?   Grin

You have been on all those roads before - you and I rode them last spring when we went to Suches to replace the cancelled Texas ride.  On the trip back home on your Guzzi you had the extra tire strapped to the back of your bike.

I foegot to include that once on Old 76 you take Aska Road south to get to Dial Road.  (And we pass the Snake Nation Road you asked about last year).  They are all great curvy country roads with a light amount of traffic......and likely a great place to ride on a Holiday weekend.

If the weather is favorable I will bring my Savage.

IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #260 - 05/18/21 at 22:13:41

OK , on the Savage getting some exercise .    So we're all all bringing Savages/S-40's this time .    That's good !  Smiley
Its been a while !  Wink

I've got lighter weight tires on mine now .  The rear is a 120/90-16 and the front is a 90/90-19  .    It should be a little quicker to turn in .   I wonder if I'll miss any traction ?    I've slowed down a bit since my last Dragon area ride.   It seems like a slow ride beside a creek enjoying the scenery with Marcia on the back is 80% of my two-wheel adventuring for the last year or more ...

I might have a visitor for our Saturday (29th) ride ?   I'll find out the Saturday (22nd) .   Huh

Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #261 - 05/21/21 at 07:08:46

I got confirmation from Stewmills that he is coming Friday evening and will stay for a morning Monday ride as well.

I will be arriving early Thursday evening and get the bike unloaded and camp set up.  I will have to camp out in the parking lot as I will be using my trailer for sleeping.  It is actually a bit more peaceful and less buggy out in that area.

The weather still looks good - they are now showing a 30% chance of rain on Sunday and Monday.

IP Logged
stewmills
Serious Thumper

Imagination is more
important than
knowledge

Auburn, AL
Reply #262 - 05/21/21 at 12:20:58

MMRanch wrote on 05/18/21 at 22:13:41:
I might have a visitor for our Saturday (29th) ride ?   I'll find out the Saturday (22nd) .   Huh

MM, I saved a picture from last year when your visitor stopped by.

ee20318aca81f8f8d8bd20c49144ba34.jpg

2008 | 152/52.5–Air Mix 3/4 | RT6 w/Redline | Seat Lift w/Sheepskin | Speedo Rattle | Rear Pulley Shim | 140/90-15 Rear | Kaw Front Pulley | Relocated Rear Signals

FREEDOM ISN'T FREE!
  IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #263 - 05/22/21 at 18:59:58

Dang !   She sure looks HAPPY !   Smiley

or

Maybe ... She is just up to something ?   Huh

« Last Edit: 05/22/21 at 22:05:39 by MMRanch »  

MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #264 - 05/23/21 at 21:57:32

Alright , I'm planning to leave between 10 and 12 o'clock Thursday so I'll have camp set up before dark.   Which tent to bring is still a question ?

Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #265 - 05/24/21 at 03:07:20

MMRanch wrote on 05/23/21 at 21:57:32:
  Which tent to bring is still a question ?

Bring the one that fits you best.

I am sleeping inside me trailer......Stew is bringing a tent of this own.

The weather forecast has been modified to include a 30% chance of rain on Saturday and Sunday.  It is not a trip killer yet.........and at this point I am still planning on bringing the Savage Cafe' bike.  If the rain chances increase I may bring a bike that is better in the wet.  The Cafe' bike is great fun in the dry - but it throws water all over me if when the roads are wet.

IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #266 - 05/24/21 at 11:38:58

You want to share a campsite in the parking area again ?

Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #267 - 05/24/21 at 18:33:16

MMRanch wrote on 05/24/21 at 11:38:58:
You want to share a campsite in the parking area again ?

I have to be in the parking area - as I will be sleeping in my trailer.  If you want to put up a tent next to me that is fine......or if you want to set up your tent down in the camping area that is OK as well.  The place isn't so big that it is a problem finding each other.  We can't have a fire in the parking lot - but it is pretty easy to find someone that will share their fire if we want (especially if you bring matches and a few fire starter bricks for those who don't).

One year Deb and I pitched tent on the other side of the creek from the deck.  The bugs were pretty intense - and when folks stayed up late and talked on the deck....it was hard to get much sleep.  The parking lot is really pretty deserted and peaceful at night.

IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #268 - 05/24/21 at 20:53:25

Last time I stayed in the parking lot and it worked good.   The time before was "OldFeller setup a bonfire" and we got in trouble.  
But
He did make dinner for us !  Smiley

Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #269 - 05/25/21 at 19:12:19

The weather forecast has turned around and it looks promising.  Friday afternoon could be a bit iffy....hopefully we can dodge the afternoon storms that are forecast.

I am bringing the Savage Cafe and it is a truly wet experience in the rain.  If Friday afternoon looks dicey maybe I can get MM into my truck and we can go to town and eat dinner while the storms move out of the area.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 19 20 ... 26
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
04/18/24 at 21:41:06

General CategoryThe Cafe › Events for 2021

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.