YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Re: Events for 2021
Reply #240 - 05/14/21 at 09:19:57

Cody is a good central spot for a lot of 250/300 mile rides.

WWW   IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #241 - 05/14/21 at 10:51:59

I don't know if it is too late to be able to get any lodging in a National Park....some of the State Parks in this area have the cabins reserved a year in advance - with the trailer parking areas reserved 6 months in advance.  Tent cabin areas are easier to get - but still require advance reservation.

We would likely be more able to get a spot reserved in a smaller privately owned cabin or campground.

If we are going to Arkansas - Deb and I would again take the camper and stay in the same place we stayed last year.  Even though it would be our third year there we still have more to explore.

If we are going someplace out west - our recent Texas trip revealed that getting lodging for a "group" can certainly become a moving target.  The needs to go on a budget and also have privacy for the female members of our group are not always easily resolved.....and we don't always know exactly how many of us will be able to make the trip.

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
springman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Spring, Texas
Reply #242 - 05/14/21 at 13:34:51

Arkansas was fun and I would certainly go again. Riding in the Dakotas or there abouts could also be fun. I'll wait to see what you all decide.

June of this year in not open to me for vacation but most any other time should be available to me.

06 S40 seat mod, airhawk, HD muffler, Shinko 712 140-90-15 rear tire, Shinko 230 front tire, versy cam chain tensioner, Rotella oil, Volar brake pads, EBC clutch & springs
  IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #243 - 05/14/21 at 19:21:08

I just looked at Mapquest.  It is about 600 miles for me to get to Jasper, Arkansas.  It was 1,300 miles for me to get to Texas....it is 1,600 miles for me to get to Cody, Wyoming.

I can lead trips in Arkansas as Deb and I have been there twice....and MM or I can lead trips in TN/NC/GA as we have been there a bunch of times.

I have no idea what to expect in Cody or anyplace else out there.  I don't know where to stay, where to go, what to do....how to get around.  I have a friend that has been there several times - I am sure he could give me some pointers.  I know he doesn't camp - they stay in hotels.

I have no idea what the best time of year you should go to ride a motorcycle in that area.  We may need a new "Scoutmaster" for riding out there!

IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #244 - 05/14/21 at 19:27:14

Here's the original beartooth planner...
http://suzukisavage.com/cgi-bin/YaBB.pl?num=1472701815

WWW   IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #245 - 05/15/21 at 14:49:02

I think (sometimes) that with  all the Surges traffic there would be lots of campgrounds/motels in the area.    If its a Campground then I'll be by myself and ride one of the Bikes .    

Marcia and I will go visit Anders in Calf. sometime this year and Cody is almost on the way there (or back) if we take the Northern route.    
For me it would be a 14 day trip plus a few days if it coincides with visiting Anders , that's about as long as I dare be away from home too !  Roll Eyes

Does anybody besides me think the week after Surges might be a good time ?
Weather permitting that is ...  Huh

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see. How far Man's corruption reaches into Organized Religion ,that we may never know
WWW MMRanch MMRanch   IP Logged
springman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Spring, Texas
Reply #246 - 05/15/21 at 15:58:05

I was just looking at google maps and Bear Tooth probably needs to wait until I retire as it would be a 14 day trip minimum for me also as it is 1600 miles plus each way. I think for now I need to limit myself to a range of approximately no more than 1000 miles from my location.

06 S40 seat mod, airhawk, HD muffler, Shinko 712 140-90-15 rear tire, Shinko 230 front tire, versy cam chain tensioner, Rotella oil, Volar brake pads, EBC clutch & springs
  IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #247 - 05/15/21 at 17:03:56

I talked it over with Deb....and a 3,200 mile commute to Cody and back is not something we want to do this year.  I am trying to take one weekend a month to drive 300 miles to my mom's house and get things cleaned/sorted/sold as she is in assisted living now.  That is going to take a lot of my time this year.

I will be retiring full time on June 30, 2022 - so in a year and a month I will be just a couple weeks away from retirement!

The trip to Cody, the riding and the trip back will take a couple weeks as others have stated.....so maybe we can plan that trip for 2022 or 2023?

IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #248 - 05/15/21 at 21:05:39

Well then how about a mid week camping trip to Suches Ga. when the weather warms a bit more ?

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see. How far Man's corruption reaches into Organized Religion ,that we may never know
springman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Spring, Texas
Reply #249 - 05/15/21 at 22:39:11

Let's also not forget that Arkansas was a lot of fun.

IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #250 - 05/16/21 at 03:31:49

springman wrote on 05/15/21 at 22:39:11:
Let's also not forget that Arkansas was a lot of fun.

Deb and I are planning on a trip to Arkansas......that trip only takes us 600 miles of commuting each way, and we know where to stay!

I looked at the Robbinsville and Suches weather forecast, and the rest of May looks to be wet.  When June arrives we can start looking at the weather and make plans.

IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #251 - 05/17/21 at 03:14:22

Weather update:

The weekend of May 26-30th appears to be dry.

I can check with my social engagement director and see if I am able to get away for a few days! Wink

IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #252 - 05/17/21 at 08:39:13

I'm reviewing my Social Calendar now ?  

Hay , we are talking about tent camp type thing right .   Marcia has already told me to "Go ahead and have fun" !

I can bring Kate or The-Savage ??   Its nice to have a choice !   Smiley  
so
Since the tent is already paid for ... Does anybody else want to "bring a sleeping bag ?     I'm bringing a air bed - but its only a single wide , but the tent can be the 8' x 10' x 72" with two doors , its easy to share .   I believe it's  advertised as sleeping seven sardines .   Grin

springman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Spring, Texas
Reply #253 - 05/17/21 at 09:15:16

I won't be able to get away until July. I've got things to finish up at work this month and most of June we will be short staffed. You guys enjoy. I'll try to catch the next one.

IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #254 - 05/17/21 at 09:22:42

MMRanch wrote on 05/17/21 at 08:39:13:
Hay , we are talking about tent camp type thing right .   Marcia has already told me to "Go ahead and have fun" !

Yes, I am talking about a camping event in which we have a bit of a walk to get to the public bathroom.  At this point I really don't care if it is at the Kick Stand Lodge with Mo......or down in Suches at the Two Wheel Inn.  If Stew is coming then Suches is much closer for him and he can ride a lot longer on Sunday....I could pack up and go home on Monday.  The riding is good in Suches and the roads a bit less busy, and we can still get up to the other areas in TN/NC with an hour or so of commuting.

Let's plan on doing something if the weather is good....we can decide where as the dates get closer.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 18 19 ... 26
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
03/28/24 at 13:38:03

General CategoryThe Cafe › Events for 2021

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.