ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Re: Events for 2021
Reply #225 - 04/18/21 at 03:52:07

MMRanch wrote on 04/17/21 at 21:54:50:
Sorry about the view Deb ?   Huh  

MM........You are going to be in big trouble when Deb sees this.

She might even release her Flying Monkeys! Shocked

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #226 - 04/18/21 at 10:33:58

hay

send me another picture of Springman so I can replace it before the Flying Monkeys get loose !  Lips Sealed

I think this picture shows just how good you married , just look how hard that gal is working ... and looking good doing it !     Cool .

Deb_and_the_Rock.jpg

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see. How far Man's corruption reaches into Organized Religion ,that we may never know
WWW MMRanch MMRanch   IP Logged
springman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Spring, Texas
Reply #227 - 04/18/21 at 17:02:16

I just finished washing the bike so I could put it away in the garage. Well, the bike did not get away unscathed. As I was washing the bike I noticed the gas tank was moving. Upon inspection it appears the bracket holding the  tank to the frame broke. I trust gas is not leaking from it but not sure at the moment. So I guess the S40 is down for a while until I can find somewhere that will weld that bracket back on for me.

06 S40 seat mod, airhawk, HD muffler, Shinko 712 140-90-15 rear tire, Shinko 230 front tire, versy cam chain tensioner, Rotella oil, Volar brake pads, EBC clutch & springs
  IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #228 - 04/18/21 at 18:41:49

Deb and I just got home after 2 days of driving from morning to night.  We left Texas about 10 AM on Saturday and drove until a bit after 9 and got to Malvern, AK....a bit shy or reaching Little Rock and still 660 miles from home.  This morning we left around 8 and reached home around 8PM......2,506 miles for the round trip.

My bike has 905 miles from the 4.5 days of riding.....I am sure Youzguyz did far more as his commute was longer.

It was a fun time - Thanks to Youzguyz for his exzellent guidanz and tourizm! Wink

IP Logged
youzguyz
Serious Thumper

San Antonio, Texas
Reply #229 - 04/19/21 at 11:48:46

MMRanch wrote on 04/18/21 at 10:33:58:
hay

send me another picture of Springman so I can replace it before the Flying Monkeys get loose !  Lips Sealed

I think this picture shows just how good you married , just look how hard that gal is working ... and looking good doing it !     Cool .  

There are some pictures of Springman in that link I sent in the text..  I dunno if I should post that link here... some fotos may be .. ummmm.. inappropriate?  Roll Eyes

2002 - Silver (Thumper)
2000 - Green (Mad Hamish)
Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut between the seat and the handlebars. Make sure yours isn't too tight or too loose.
  IP Logged
youzguyz
Serious Thumper

San Antonio, Texas
Reply #230 - 04/19/21 at 11:58:56

Many thanks for the appreciation comments.  I had a lot of fun, and it was really great to meet Marcia, Deb and Dave.   And equally good to see MM and Springman again.
(Like... wow.. THE "Dave".  You do so much for this forum, it really was nice to meet you!)

Good rides.. Nobody broke down (MM pushed the limits though).  Nobody fell off their motorcycle.. that I noticed.  Nobody "kissed the mountain".
and I only had to turn us around twice..  ( I don't use a GPS.. )

I do have videos.  The rear camera was always good, but had to keep on tweaking the front one.  Finally got it right.. on Saturday.  Tongue
They are way too large to put anywhere.  Guess I need to figure out editing and such stuff if I want to share.

And.. thanks for all the lunches!!!

2002 - Silver (Thumper)
Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut between the seat and the handlebars. Make sure yours isn't too tight or too loose.
  IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #231 - 04/21/21 at 08:32:26

Yea , That Chain pin moving could have been "BAD" !   Embarrassed

I'll drop a tooth on the front sprocket when I get around to fixing it ... so it might involve shorting the chain a link ?    Those high speed long up-hill pulls into the wind and riding double didn't leave a lot of throttle in reserve .  
It was over geared according to the GPS anyway.  When I put a new chain and sprockets on it in the "Fixing-up" process I picked a "O-Ring" chain and the tall gear package because it gave bigger sprockets on both ends.
The new chain had close to 3000 miles on it with out needing a chain adjustment .   The old regular chain needing adjusting every 800 miles on my last chain drive bike (KZ750-4cyl).
 But to drop one tooth up front will make the speedometer right , it drives off the transmission/front sprocket rotation (electronic pick-up).   Wink

As soon as I get the rest of my chores caught -up !   Roll Eyes

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see. How far Man's corruption reaches into Organized Religion ,that we may never know
youzguyz
Serious Thumper

San Antonio, Texas
Reply #232 - 04/21/21 at 08:37:54

springman wrote on 04/18/21 at 17:02:16:
I just finished washing the bike so I could put it away in the garage. Well, the bike did not get away unscathed. As I was washing the bike I noticed the gas tank was moving. Upon inspection it appears the bracket holding the  tank to the frame broke. I trust gas is not leaking from it but not sure at the moment. So I guess the S40 is down for a while until I can find somewhere that will weld that bracket back on for me.

I broke that bracket on Thumper MULTIPLE times.  After the 4th or 5th welding, (and multiple fixes with JB Weld and Steel putty), my welder said "no more", so I bought a 2002 tank in darn good shape off ebay.

2002 - Silver (Thumper)
  IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #233 - 04/21/21 at 09:19:06

I broke that bracket on Thumper MULTIPLE times.  After the 4th or 5th welding, (and multiple fixes with JB Weld and Steel putty), my welder said "no more", so I bought a 2002 tank in darn good shape off ebay.  

I was picturing the frame pin broken ...

That tank add-on bracket would be the "weak-link" and I can picture it coming loose .    
Would brazing be better than welding ?    If a person was to pool a spot of brass on both sides then put them together it would be nice and solid.   Welding would only be around the outside edge of the bracket ... it would be good to use some brass around the edges to for a permeant fix.

I can see the factory using a spot weld there , silver solder would be as good as the factory spot weld and could be done with a wire brush and a blue-bottle torch .   Be sure to rinse the tank out with water before getting the torch out --- Just saying .   Grin

youzguyz
Serious Thumper

San Antonio, Texas
Reply #234 - 04/21/21 at 09:55:24

MMRanch wrote on 04/21/21 at 09:19:06:

I was picturing the frame pin broken ...

That tank add-on bracket would be the "weak-link" and I can picture it coming loose .    
Would brazing be better than welding ?    If a person was to pool a spot of brass on both sides then put them together it would be nice and solid.   Welding would only be around the outside edge of the bracket ... it would be good to use some brass around the edges to for a permeant fix.

I can see the factory using a spot weld there , silver solder would be as good as the factory spot weld and could be done with a wire brush and a blue-bottle torch .   Be sure to rinse the tank out with water before getting the torch out --- Just saying .   Grin

Mine broke at the bend, not at the spot weld.  Flex too many times .. and.. boink.. gone.

2002 - Silver (Thumper)
  IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #235 - 04/21/21 at 18:13:31

Maybe the lack of cattle grates in my area has spared mine ?   Huh

I've never had knowledge that the tank bracket could break or wear out .  

Good luck with it Springman.  Brass is tougher than ya might think.  

« Last Edit: 04/21/21 at 20:22:55 by MMRanch »  

springman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Spring, Texas
Reply #236 - 04/22/21 at 10:14:56

Thanks MM and Youzguyz.

06 S40 seat mod, airhawk, HD muffler, Shinko 712 140-90-15 rear tire, Shinko 230 front tire, versy cam chain tensioner, Rotella oil, Volar brake pads, EBC clutch & springs
  IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #237 - 05/14/21 at 04:28:42

I feel the "need" for a ride in TN/NC/GA coming on.......perhaps the weather in June will allow for a few days riding in the mountains.

Also - is there interest in making an Arkansas ride again this year?  Verslagen has told me he now has his shots and is allowed to leave California....and he would be able to go.

If not Arkansas - a trip to Monument Valley and the Sturgis area is on the bucket list for Deb and I.....maybe this is the year to do that.  I know nothing about the weather or the area - I have a friend that is leaving in two weeks to go ride the area.  I can get some tips from him - but he rides 600 mile days so I am not likely going to be able to use his itinerary!  I do believe that the riding is faster and there are longer distances to cover between points of interest......it could be necessary to have lodging at a new destination each day.

IP Logged
stewmills
Serious Thumper

Imagination is more
important than
knowledge

Auburn, AL
Reply #238 - 05/14/21 at 07:50:51

Keep me posted on TN/NC/GA activities. I can do my usual "arrive late Friday and ride all day Satirday and Sunday" schedule pretty much any weekend.

Sturgis probably isn't in the cards for me...

2008 | 152/52.5–Air Mix 3/4 | RT6 w/Redline | Seat Lift w/Sheepskin | Speedo Rattle | Rear Pulley Shim | 140/90-15 Rear | Kaw Front Pulley | Relocated Rear Signals

FREEDOM ISN'T FREE!
  IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #239 - 05/14/21 at 08:49:24

Utah has some nice national parks !    Cool

The Black Hills , Cody , Beartooth Pass , Yellow Stone all are on my bucket list .    
I'd rather find lodging that is friendly to my wallet , even if it comes in the way of small out of the main-stream places .   Marcia usually arranges the Lodging part and has last say in such matters in our part so most of the time , "my input" is only a suggestion .  

I liked our Arkansas adventure and would go again , but spreading out is good too.   Its so-much more fun to go as a group.  Smiley

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 17 18 ... 26
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
03/28/24 at 09:55:32

General CategoryThe Cafe › Events for 2021

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.