Events for 2021 (Read 2101 times)
springman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Spring, Texas
Re: Events for 2021
Reply #195 - 04/10/21 at 23:48:31

I'll be heading out sometime before noon. I'll probably take 290 and avoid the 85 mph+ I-10. It will be a leisurely 240 miles or so. See ya'll in the evening.

06 S40 seat mod, airhawk, HD muffler, Shinko 712 140-90-15 rear tire, Shinko 230 front tire, versy cam chain tensioner, Rotella oil, Volar brake pads, EBC clutch & springs
  IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #196 - 04/11/21 at 04:07:40

We spent Friday night just short of reaching Little Rock.  We ran through a bit of rain - but while driving on Saturday we discovered that maybe it was good we didn't continue driving that night.  When we got into Texas we saw lots of downed trees, damaged billboards, tall grasses that had been smashed down by the wind/rain and a lot of leaf debris on the edges of the pavement.  Evidently there were some really strong winds and rain on Friday night.

We spent Saturday night with Deb's stepsister Lindy and her husband Rick last night in Waxahachee.  We got a tour of the town and a wonderful steak dinner!

We have about a 5 hour drive to reach Kerrville today.  I would like to leave Waxahachee before noon - but we have had so much fun visiting Lindy and Rick I suspect it will be hard to get away!

MM:  It sounds like your Life360 is a far more advanced version than I was able to download.  I can see where everyone is and how fast they are driving or if they are sitting still - maybe if I zoom in I can see the overnead and street views you are talking about.  So far I have only been able to see Youzguyz and me on Life360.....and a note that says Springman has logged off.  

I just saw and advertisement for a site called "hipcamp" - it looks like a more rugged version of Airbnb.  I have not had time to check it all out and see if it would help this group.
https://www.hipcamp.com/about#our-story/

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
youzguyz
Serious Thumper

San Antonio, Texas
Reply #197 - 04/11/21 at 04:25:55

Dave wrote on 04/11/21 at 04:07:40:
MM:  It sounds like your Life360 is a far more advanced version than I was able to download.  I can see where everyone is and how fast they are driving or if they are sitting still - maybe if I zoom in I can see the overnead and street views you are talking about.  So far I have only been able to see Youzguyz and me on Life360.....and a note that says Springman has logged off.  

I don't show where MM has joined the 2021 Hill Country "circle" yet.  MM, please check your phone for text messages.

2002 - Silver (Thumper)
2000 - Green (Mad Hamish)
Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut between the seat and the handlebars. Make sure yours isn't too tight or too loose.
  IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #198 - 04/11/21 at 06:38:12

Hay , I found the group and joined !   But   , now it time for me to turn off the wifi and get rolling .     I'll turn data on for  a while , but I have a limited data plan so its got to go off in a bit.

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see. How far Man's corruption reaches into Organized Religion ,that we may never know
WWW MMRanch MMRanch   IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #199 - 04/11/21 at 17:45:37

Deb and I arrived at our temporary home around 5PM.  We got unpacked and unloaded the bike.......and are resting on the patio recovering from our 1,212 miles of driving.  The owner Tom used to road race motorcycles - he moved his truck over so I could park my motorcycle in the garage......my kind of host!

MM and Springman have checked in and they are in Fredericksburg and they got MM's bike unloaded..

Our hosts (Tom and Kim) said it was 43 degrees this morning!  Tomorrow morning is forecast for the low 60's when we start riding, and a high of 88.

IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #200 - 04/11/21 at 20:08:55

Tomorrow morning is forecast for the low 60's when we start riding  

Smiley

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see. How far Man's corruption reaches into Organized Religion ,that we may never know
youzguyz
Serious Thumper

San Antonio, Texas
Reply #201 - 04/13/21 at 03:40:31

Springman,  MM Ranch,  Dave.
I wonder what Springman did wrong??

IMG_20210412_112602.jpg

2002 - Silver (Thumper)
Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut between the seat and the handlebars. Make sure yours isn't too tight or too loose.
  IP Logged
youzguyz
Serious Thumper

San Antonio, Texas
Reply #202 - 04/13/21 at 03:44:19

The faithful native guide explains Hill Country navigation to MM.

IMG_20210412_123350.jpg

2002 - Silver (Thumper)
  IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #203 - 04/13/21 at 04:56:33

Things are bigger in Texas.

On Sunday when we were driving west of Killeen, we stopped at Buc-ee's.  It is a huge gas station/convenience store.......the inside was filled with T shirts, gadgets, novelties, packaged food, a wall of candy, an 80 foot long wall of coolers, a deli, a grill and a fudge counter.

There were two canopies with a total of 56 gas pumps!

IMG_7960.JPG

IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #204 - 04/13/21 at 05:01:54

MM left his cows at home with a big block of sweet feed to keep them occupied while he is away.

Here he is considering changing his herd to this Texas style of cattle with convenient handles to help him when he is loading them - however he will have to widen the fences in his chute and possibly make some modifications to his trailer.

IMG_7967.JPG

IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #205 - 04/14/21 at 05:21:33

On Tuesday we were guided by Youzguys on a ride out to Leakey and we proceeded to assault the Twisted Sisters.  The traffic was amazingly light and the majority of drivers pull over and wave us past when they see 4 motorcycles behind them (except for one driver who was content to let us ride behind them while they drove slowly around each corner).

My employment as a City/County engineer has included lots of work on road drainage systems - and the "low water crossings" in Texas are amazing to me.  On our daily rides we pass over hundreds of low areas that are designed to allow the low water flow to go under the road - and the high water flows to go over the road!  This is completely different than the way the roads and streets are designed in Kentucky, where the storm water flows are supposed to stay off the pavement.  I will have to ask some of these local Texans if they just hunker down in their homes and avoid driving while the water is flowing over the roads.......each low water crossing has a pole with a scale showing how deep the water is at that point - so you can determine if you are brave enough to drive through.

I have posted a photo from a large water crossing on the Frio River that is   in the valley between the Twisted Sisters.  This wash area is huge and appears like it would have a large amount of water during rain events.  The land in this part of Texas is very rugged and rocky.  

IMG_7974.JPG

IP Logged
stewmills
Serious Thumper

Imagination is more
important than
knowledge

Auburn, AL
Reply #206 - 04/14/21 at 06:41:30

Were yall celebrating MM's Birthday?  

Just asking since there was a sign there with his age on it  Grin Grin Grin

InkedIMG_20210412_123350_LI.jpg

2008 | 152/52.5–Air Mix 3/4 | RT6 w/Redline | Seat Lift w/Sheepskin | Speedo Rattle | Rear Pulley Shim | 140/90-15 Rear | Kaw Front Pulley | Relocated Rear Signals

FREEDOM ISN'T FREE!
  IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #207 - 04/14/21 at 19:21:58

Hey according to Facebook :  I'm only 87 ... but I hope to still be leading you around Suches when I'm 120  Smiley .

Maybe , we should start planning a Suches ride soon as the weather warms up a bit ?   Wink

YouzGuyz is a wonderful tour guide ... Everybody who hasn't been to Texas in the spring for a visit is missing some great ridding and great scenery.   We went to some really interesting places too.   Today we had brisket that was better than I can make !   Tongue

verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #208 - 04/14/21 at 19:55:30

do you still have 2 accounts?
that would make you 174.   Grin

WWW   IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #209 - 04/15/21 at 04:01:35

Yesterday Youzguyz took us on a ride to see the wildflowers - most of which are pretty Texas weeds.  The white flowers have little thorns all over the stems and they appear to be pretty invasive in some fields.  The Bluebonnets are pretty...and there are some red flowers that look very much like the yellow Daisy that we have in KY.

Here is what the lineup looks like from the rear on the flower tour.

IMG_7991.JPG

IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 ... 26
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
03/28/24 at 14:28:17

General CategoryThe Cafe › Events for 2021

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.