Events for 2021 (Read 2101 times)
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Re: Events for 2021
Reply #180 - 04/08/21 at 20:06:36

That might be the Los Jarritos  in Comfort ?   I got the address as : 1005 US-87 .    Does US-87 have a name that Garmin likes better ?   Huh

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see. How far Man's corruption reaches into Organized Religion ,that we may never know
WWW MMRanch MMRanch   IP Logged
springman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Spring, Texas
Reply #181 - 04/08/21 at 20:44:40

Los Jarritos it is. Sounds good.

06 S40 seat mod, airhawk, HD muffler, Shinko 712 140-90-15 rear tire, Shinko 230 front tire, versy cam chain tensioner, Rotella oil, Volar brake pads, EBC clutch & springs
  IP Logged
youzguyz
Serious Thumper

San Antonio, Texas
Reply #182 - 04/09/21 at 01:37:47

MMRanch wrote on 04/08/21 at 20:06:36:
That might be the Los Jarritos  in Comfort ?   I got the address as : 1005 US-87 .    Does US-87 have a name that Garmin likes better ?   Huh

Yes, that would be the Los Jarritos in Comfort.  Try 534 Lindner Ave for your locationally challenged Garmin..  Roll Eyes

2002 - Silver (Thumper)
2000 - Green (Mad Hamish)
Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut between the seat and the handlebars. Make sure yours isn't too tight or too loose.
  IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #183 - 04/09/21 at 03:34:09

OK.......the folks at Google have me "creeped out"!

Last night I opened Youzguyz link he provided for the route to Los Jarritos.

Later in the evening I opened "Google Maps" to see the spacial relationship of Comfort, Center Point, Kerrville and Fredericksburg.

When the map came up and I got to the area - there was a little Green Pin Point showing that I have an Airbnb reservation April 11-17, and a Red Pin Point showing Los Jarritos.

The way Google is tracking what I do is getting a little scary.

GoogleMaps.PNG

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #184 - 04/09/21 at 04:24:56

I spent most of yesterday at the ER for a strange back pain.   After a CT scan they thought I had Gall stones and enlarged organ with lesions on the kidneys as well, then after another different follow up scan found it was not gall stones but the kidney lesions are there but don’t need immediate action.  Part of the back pain is coming from a muscle spasm that may have started when I was looking for a little leak on REX.
Apparently I was fortunate for all these to basically happen simultaneously.
I’m thankful that there is nothing serious that requires immediate action and also that I was not on the ride away from home dealing with the symptoms I have for right now.

Thank you guys for your thoughtful care.

IP Logged
youzguyz
Serious Thumper

San Antonio, Texas
Reply #185 - 04/09/21 at 04:45:36

LANCER wrote on 04/09/21 at 04:24:56:
I spent most of yesterday at the ER for a strange back pain.   After a CT scan they thought I had Gall stones and enlarged organ with lesions on the kidneys as well, then after another different follow up scan found it was not gall stones but the kidney lesions are there but don’t need immediate action.  Part of the back pain is coming from a muscle spasm that may have started when I was looking for a little leak on REX.
Apparently I was fortunate for all these to basically happen simultaneously.
I’m thankful that there is nothing serious that requires immediate action and also that I was not on the ride away from home dealing with the symptoms I have for right now.

Thank you guys for your thoughtful care.

Days of bouncing over cattle guards could have aggravated your aggravations too!  ( I hope MM has checked his shocks.. )

2002 - Silver (Thumper)
Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut between the seat and the handlebars. Make sure yours isn't too tight or too loose.
  IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #186 - 04/09/21 at 04:54:26

youzguyz wrote on 04/09/21 at 01:37:47:
 Try 534 Lindner Ave for your locationally challenged Garmin..  Roll Eyes

Well played Youzguyz! Smiley

I find immense pleasure in knowing you are sending Mike to a car wash on the first day!

I think that should become a new tradition on our group rides.

CarWash.PNG

IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #187 - 04/09/21 at 05:43:54

We are all packed up and ready to pull out of the driveway.

We have signed onto Life360 if you want to track our slow progress.  It seems a bit strange that we will be driving nearly 1,300 miles, and we will only be traveling in 4 states......and only 2 of them will we pass across the entire state.

IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #188 - 04/09/21 at 07:15:22

I haven't tried the address yet but I was thinking I should rinse the dust off the rear rim before I load it up.   Huh

So , the Garmin can find anything if I use the right address .   The thing is sometimes its picky about Hwy numbers are sometimes referred to as other names .  
I live off Hwy-Tn.129  but it is also know as Boonville hwy.    Sometimes I wonder , "Why all the roads can't just be numbers" with the county, state, or US prefix .   That would be too easy to really work !  Roll Eyes

It will work out just fine in the end !     Cool

We are leaving early in the morning , so I'm getting the 200 pound sweet lick bucket to the barn-yard this afternoon .    For the next week I know where my cows will have their faces stuck !   Wink

Its our turn to host a Bible study group so I'm fixing pulled pork loin BBQ and Hassle-back taters for tonight.

Mowing our yard and the church cemetery

And working up a Bible study on AARON today.

Packing a bag and loading Kate on the truck.

I'll be glad to take a VACATION !   Smiley

1 day     and ready !

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see. How far Man's corruption reaches into Organized Religion ,that we may never know
springman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Spring, Texas
Reply #189 - 04/09/21 at 09:39:11

I'm ready too. I just need to get away from all this for a few days.

06 S40 seat mod, airhawk, HD muffler, Shinko 712 140-90-15 rear tire, Shinko 230 front tire, versy cam chain tensioner, Rotella oil, Volar brake pads, EBC clutch & springs
  IP Logged
springman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Spring, Texas
Reply #190 - 04/09/21 at 09:48:43

Lancer, sounds like you are doing better. Glad to hear that. We will definitely miss you on the ride but hopefully we will get a chance to all get together later in the year. Take care of yourself and see you soon I hope.

IP Logged
youzguyz
Serious Thumper

San Antonio, Texas
Reply #191 - 04/09/21 at 10:01:36

Life 360.. We got Dave and Springman.  No MM yet...

2002 - Silver (Thumper)
  IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #192 - 04/09/21 at 19:05:17

We went about 600 miles today - it was pretty hilly until we got to Arkansas.  We are just east of Little Rock and stopped for the night.

Between Memphis and Little Rock we got into a thunderstorm and a strong headwind - my car couldn't pull high gear over 65mph the headwind was so strong!

We will stop in Waxahatchee tomorrow and visit Deb's step sister and spend the night with them.  

We will arrive in Kerrville on Sunday afternoon.

IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #193 - 04/10/21 at 21:14:15

Well the 360 thing works !     We got to a motel and I turned on the wifi and 360 and PUFF there was Dave just south of Dallas !

It even went to the street level and showed the names of the streets ...  Shocked

Dave it looks like your in the garage apartment or left your phone in the garage ?

Mine shows which room I'm in from a top view of the motel ...  Huh

LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #194 - 04/10/21 at 23:16:57

Garmin knows EVERYTHING about your travels and locations now.
How many phone apps does your phone use to track locations and routes and and and ....
Makes me want to switch to a dumb phone and save a Garmin for select trips only.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 ... 26
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
03/28/24 at 23:22:52

General CategoryThe Cafe › Events for 2021

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.