Events for 2021 (Read 2101 times)
springman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Spring, Texas
Events for 2021
01/11/21 at 13:59:28

Is it too early to start thinking about this. I would like to make it to at least 2 rides this year. My favorite is still the Texas Hill Country so I would like to offer that up to see who is interested.

I have to admit that the Arkansas riding was amazing so if anybody would be interested in that again.

Tail of the Dragon????

New places are always cool!!!

06 S40 seat mod, airhawk, HD muffler, Shinko 712 140-90-15 rear tire, Shinko 230 front tire, versy cam chain tensioner, Rotella oil, Volar brake pads, EBC clutch & springs
  IP Logged
springman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Spring, Texas
Re: Events for 2021
Reply #1 - 01/11/21 at 14:01:12

Oh and just a reminder. I don't think any of us are getting any younger. Lets get out and do this while we can.

06 S40 seat mod, airhawk, HD muffler, Shinko 712 140-90-15 rear tire, Shinko 230 front tire, versy cam chain tensioner, Rotella oil, Volar brake pads, EBC clutch & springs
  IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #2 - 01/11/21 at 16:27:14

Oh and just a reminder. I don't think any of us are getting any younger. Lets get out and do this while we can.  

If the virus subsides this summer , then I'd love to have company this year !  

I'd like to take you fellers up to the "Loveless Café" for lunch one day then down the Trace to a southern Tn. route back to Lynchburg .

Do we have any flat-tracker fans here ?    In the next town over we have a Nationally sanctioned Flat-track event in normal summers.   I'll ask my buddy Pat if he's putting it on again this year.   Versey you remember Pat (the guy that had the rectifier) for Beast , he's all-ways doing some event.

Springman ,  from your house to mine , its two 400 mile days up the Natchez trace ,with free camp-grounds - then one short day from my house to the Dragon/Suches area.  I've got a spare bedroom with full size bed if wife joins ya.  

Heck : one day last year me and Dave rode from the Dragon to my house and then back to the Dragon in the same day !  Grin

All you fellers are always welcome any time your in the area.  I've got a couch and a twin bed in the rock-house now too.   Then there is four recliners in the living room ...  Wink

I've some-what perfected my "Ribs on the Grill" from last time I tried cooking some of them for ya'll  Embarrassed.   Having a REAL smoker has helped with that a little !

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see. How far Man's corruption reaches into Organized Religion ,that we may never know
WWW MMRanch MMRanch   IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #3 - 01/11/21 at 19:52:25

If there's any semblancy to normal, I'm in.

WWW   IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #4 - 01/11/21 at 20:39:52

I'd like to try again for the Blue-Bonnet Ride in late spring.   Maybe Marcia and I will have the vaccine by then ?   Huh  

If I was going to Texas next week then I'd be bring Kate too .   She's the Kawasaki/Triumph hybrid bike also know as a W650 , she's running like she was meant too.   It takes getting up to 5,000+ rpm to get the 50 hp out of her , but she is really mild mannered and sweet from 1500 to 3500 rpm where most of our time is spent.  

« Last Edit: 01/12/21 at 17:28:58 by MMRanch »  

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see. How far Man's corruption reaches into Organized Religion ,that we may never know
springman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Spring, Texas
Reply #5 - 01/12/21 at 08:18:17

Normalcy? Normalcy you say? You don't ask for much do you? Grin

IP Logged
springman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Spring, Texas
Reply #6 - 01/12/21 at 08:23:59

The Hill Country in the spring time sounds good to me MM. I look forward to meeting Kate. I'm not sure but I'm guessing I would probably take the S40 for that trip. I think the S40 likes the Hill Country.

IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #7 - 01/12/21 at 09:11:30

RIDDING DOUBLE IS THE THING ...

THE SAVAGE IS A LITTLE SHORT ON PASENGER ROOM .  Huh

BUT

I HAD A SIMULAR THOUGHT ABOUT IT BEING A SAVAGE RIDE AND ALL .   Undecided

WE HAVE RODE THE SAVAGE ON GROUP RIDES AND IT KEEPS UP WITH THE HARLEYS AND GOLD WINGS JUST FINE , EVEN GOING UP-HILL. Wink

ITS THE SEAT LENGTH THING.     LAST SUMMER WHEN I ONLY HAD TWO BIKES , THE GUZZI WAS WAITING ON A NEW TIRE AND WE HAD A RIDE TO ATTEND.   SO , IT WAS THE SAVAGE'S TURN TO HALL US AROUND FOR A DAY.    WE WENT UP THE NORTH GA. MOUNTAINS THAT DAY , UP TO A PLACE CALLED "SKY-LINE" INTO A NATIONAL FORREST AREA.   IT WAS FUN.   Smiley

STILL DON'T KNOW IF I WANT TO TAKE THE SAVAGE RIDDING DOUBLE OVER CATTLE GRATES ???  Roll Eyes

springman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Spring, Texas
Reply #8 - 01/12/21 at 14:34:44

As tall as you are riding double on the Savage has got to be uncomfortable. If Marcia is coming with you you definitely want either Kate or the Guzzi. My Honda is much better than the Savage on the highway, but I still get a kick out of riding the S40 highway or not.

IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #9 - 01/12/21 at 17:49:34

I like taking the Savage when Marcia is working and I'm by myself.   Springman you've got the 27 tooth front pulley ?   Huh

I've got the standard tank on it , but locally that 2.7 gallons have a lot of smiles in them !  Smiley

springman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Spring, Texas
Reply #10 - 01/12/21 at 18:23:51

Yes, I have the highway geared front pulley. And I agree, I get a lot of smiles per tankful.

IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #11 - 01/13/21 at 10:14:01

What’s normal these days ?
Just like always we live one day at a time.
Do what you need to do today.
Our job while we are here is to be Salt and Light.

IP Logged
springman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Spring, Texas
Reply #12 - 01/13/21 at 12:09:49

Well said my friend.

IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #13 - 01/13/21 at 15:08:01

I plan on doing as much riding as I can fit in.

The Texas ride would be nice.
A few trips to north GA, TN and NC for the usual rides.
A repeat of the fall ride in Arkansas.
I believe Deb wants to go visit Gettysburg.
It would be nice to go back to the Barber Vintage Motorcycle event.

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
springman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Spring, Texas
Reply #14 - 01/13/21 at 18:50:13

That's a good list Dave. I intend to join in at least 2 of those this year. More if I can pull it off.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 ... 26
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
03/28/24 at 03:45:11

General CategoryThe Cafe › Events for 2021

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.