Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Its the license not the ceremony (Read 32 times)
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Its the license not the ceremony
01/07/21 at 05:34:50

So we were monitoring the crowds in Denver and having discussions about what exactly these protests can accomplish.

I was trying to use a marriage as an analogy.  If a couple go to the Courthouse submit and receive a marriage license from their State, they are married.  They will get all the tax incentives, protections of law etc. no matter what religion they are or how their religion practices marriage.

The legal protections and process are the same.

So if you go the next day and stop their wedding ceremony they still get to be married by law, and get all the protections/incentives etc.

What's going on now is too many people believe that by stopping the wedding ceremony they are also taking away the State marriage license and benefits.  Way too many people think this is the outcome of stopping the ceremony.

IP Logged
MnSpring
Serious Thumper

Younger than most
people my age.

Minn
Re: Its the license not the ceremony
Reply #1 - 01/07/21 at 07:09:27

Eegore wrote on 01/07/21 at 05:34:50:
 What's going on now is too many people believe that by stopping the wedding ceremony they are also taking away the State marriage license and benefits.  Way too many people think this is the outcome of stopping the ceremony.

And you believe that,
"A Bank robber used a red car,
therefore if one bans red cars,
it will stop bank robberies"

Is a poor analogy ?????

Ben Franklin once said: "If you give up a freedom, for the sake of security, you will have neither".
Which is More TRUE, today, than yesterday.('06, S-40, Stock) well, mostly .
  IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Re: Its the license not the ceremony
Reply #2 - 01/07/21 at 09:01:27

"And you believe that,
"A Bank robber used a red car,
therefore if one bans red cars,
it will stop bank robberies"
Is a poor analogy ?????"

Yes if one is going to use it to change anyone's perception, or change law.

I am not intending to change any viewpoints or change law.  I am using the marriage analogy to describe an inaccuracy in perception regarding US election process.  I would not write this into a proposal for change, or expect anyone to change their mind.

Many people I was around think that stopping the Electoral College Count will stop Biden from being President, AND keep Trump in the Presidency.

"If we stop the count he can't take office!  Trump will stay in power!"

Really?  If you stop my wedding ceremony the State will no longer accept my issued marriage license and I am still single?

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/08/24 at 22:21:14

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › Its the license not the ceremony

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.