Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print
Things about Kate and Lucky (Guzzi) (Read 550 times)
ohiomoto
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

WTF is JOG?
Re: Things about Kate
Reply #15 - 12/13/20 at 17:52:55

The Triumph was one down and I think it was 3 up.  Pretty sure the same as old BSAs.  I think they even shared a lot of parts????

My problem was I was still racing motocross so everytime I jumped on the Triumph I would tap the rear brake to put it in gear!  Thankfully, I had no problems once I got moving.

IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #16 - 12/14/20 at 01:51:45

I love your choices.
I wanted a ‘67 Lightning or Firebird until running into a ‘56 Goldstar 500 DBD in ‘69.  Had it for a long time but no more.  😒
Got it from a pro flat-track racer who was retiring.  He rebuilt it to sell. $900
It was fun . 😎

IP Logged
Matchless G11

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Newfoundland NJ
Reply #17 - 12/14/20 at 03:33:33

ohiomoto wrote on 12/13/20 at 17:52:55:
The Triumph was one down and I think it was 3 up.  Pretty sure the same as old BSAs.  I think they even shared a lot of parts????

My problem was I was still racing motocross so everytime I jumped on the Triumph I would tap the rear brake to put it in gear!  Thankfully, I had no problems once I got moving.

My 72 Guzzi Eldorado had a 1 up rest down left side shift, till I put a shift offset bracket on it. Maybe I should have left it then it would have been like my younger days with four bikes each shifting differently!

But on a serious note I asked a old Vincent guy years ago about  "What do you do in a panic situation when each bike has a different shift pattern and brake placement ?"

He responded "Pull everything! (handlebar levers) Push everything! (foot controls) You will stop!"

IP Logged
Matchless G11

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Newfoundland NJ
Reply #18 - 12/14/20 at 03:34:29

LANCER wrote on 12/14/20 at 01:51:45:
I love your choices.
I wanted a ‘67 Lightning or Firebird until running into a ‘56 Goldstar 500 DBD in ‘69.  Had it for a long time but no more.  😒
Got it from a pro flat-track racer who was retiring.  He rebuilt it to sell. $900
It was fun . 😎

Lancer I was thinking a Goldie bsa would be on your list!

IP Logged
ohiomoto
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

WTF is JOG?
Reply #19 - 12/14/20 at 06:52:08

Matchless G11 wrote on 12/14/20 at 03:33:33:
But on a serious note I asked a old Vincent guy years ago about  "What do you do in a panic situation when each bike has a different shift pattern and brake placement ?"

He responded "Pull everything! (handlebar levers) Push everything! (foot controls) You will stop!"
----------------------------

LOL That's awesome!  

IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #20 - 12/14/20 at 07:37:59

Thinking about the OLDER BIKES :

So , the new W800 is rated for less HP than the Older W650 .    The 2000 W650 is rated at 50HP .     Kawasaki has 4 valves/cylinder and shims for valve clearance , from my point of view -  both are GOOD things.    
That's not to say I don't like the pushrod simplicity , that's one of the nice parts of the Guzzi , the "V7-design" is 53 year old now and going strong !  Here is my 49th year model .   Smiley
« Last Edit: 12/16/20 at 21:37:33 by MMRanch »  

lucky_2020_2mp_003.jpg

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see. How far Man's corruption reaches into Organized Religion ,that we may never know
WWW MMRanch MMRanch   IP Logged
ohiomoto
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

WTF is JOG?
Reply #21 - 12/14/20 at 14:31:42

There is Something For Kate, I mean about Kate and California.  

See what I did there?  haha

IP Logged
Matchless G11

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Newfoundland NJ
Reply #22 - 12/16/20 at 12:07:09

One thing I love about the w650 is the bevel driven cam. I kind of wish there was a window on it like the "gear gazer" put on some bevel Ducatis.

IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #23 - 12/16/20 at 15:25:35

MMRanch wrote on 12/14/20 at 07:37:59:

So , the new W800 is rated for less HP than the Older W650 .    The 2000 W650 is rated at 50HP .     Kawasaki has 4 valves/cylinder and shims for valve clearance , from my point of view - are both GOOD things.    
That's not to say I don't like the pushrod simplicity , that's one of the nice parts of the Guzzi , the "V7-design" is 53 year old now and going strong !  Here is my 49th year model .   Smiley

Mike, are you turning into a COLLECTOR ?

IP Logged
Matchless G11

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Newfoundland NJ
Reply #24 - 12/16/20 at 17:03:08

LANCER wrote on 12/16/20 at 15:25:35:
MMRanch wrote on 12/14/20 at 07:37:59:

So , the new W800 is rated for less HP than the Older W650 .    The 2000 W650 is rated at 50HP .     Kawasaki has 4 valves/cylinder and shims for valve clearance , from my point of view - are both GOOD things.    

Mike, are you turning into a COLLECTOR ?

Many years ago there was a comic with two guys looking at a Vincent black shadow ,

The guy labeled as the Collector says "It's too valuable to ride!"
The guy labeled as the Enthusiast says "That's what makes it worthless!"

Mike sounds more like an enthusiast.   Roll Eyes

IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #25 - 12/16/20 at 20:56:18

Ya'll are right , "If I can't ride it --- then it's worthless" .

A part of me wants one of the RE Twins , the Interceptor .   Its got the 270 deg. crank and should be nice and smooth .  Smiley

Kate has the 360 deg. crank and both pistons stopping at the same time - twice every round makes for a  vibration.   It's not really bad , but it's an undesirable part of the package , "Old-School" ya might say.  Grin

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see. How far Man's corruption reaches into Organized Religion ,that we may never know
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #26 - 12/16/20 at 21:33:06

Sometimes , I sort of miss  having my old CD175 Honda .  

If I run the bikes I have now like I ran the CD , then I'd be inviting jail time !  Grin

450px-1975_honda_CD175.jpg

Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #27 - 12/17/20 at 15:04:41

I owned it's sand cast predecessor, the CB 160.   Nice little bike, could run 60-65 with no issues.

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
ohiomoto
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

WTF is JOG?
Reply #28 - 12/17/20 at 17:52:59

This thread got hijacked in a good way all because of Kate.

IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #29 - 12/17/20 at 18:14:03

Yea  ,  The extra 15cc didn't make much difference.   65mph was really fast on the CD too !   Roll Eyes

But it was fun to run it like there's no tomorrow !   Smiley

My old ridding buddy from the bicycles days bought a Honda 150 Dream - the 160's Dad ,at the time when I was ridding a 65cc sport.  
Then when he got drafted into the Army ,  Dad bought the 150cc from him .   So I got to drive it anytime.  Dad had been ridding my 65 also so we needed a second bike.   Later Dad got a CB450 , then a CB750K.   So ya might say I got him ridding again , he had a 26" bicycle with a washing machine (B&S) on it in his late teens.

So a year later when I saw the CD175 I had to buy it.

Sometimes the   hijacked   threads are the best ones !  Smiley

« Last Edit: 12/17/20 at 20:57:19 by MMRanch »  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
03/28/24 at 18:09:48

General CategoryThe Cafe › Things about Kate and Lucky (Guzzi)

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.