Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
When will the corrupt pardon storm begin? (Read 224 times)
eau de sauvage
Serious Thumper

Queensland
Re: When will the corrupt pardon storm begin?
Reply #15 - 11/28/20 at 16:13:04

My point is that Trump has issued 212 "pardons".

Those are the words you said, but that wasn't my question. As you well know, I'm asking what was the point you're making by saying that?

When someone is asked the point they are making and they just repeat the words they said, that either means, they don't have a point, or that they don't understand what 'making a point' actually means.

MAGA! Make the Assholes Go Away
  IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #16 - 11/28/20 at 16:52:58

I said those words because I have information that indicates to me that Obama, "pardoned" 212 people.  My objective was to indicate how many pardons Obama made.  I actually misspoke when I said Trump had that many earlier.

My point would be Obama conducted pardons that equaled 212, and the high number indicator of "absolved" inmates is not due specifically to "pardons".

IP Logged
eau de sauvage
Serious Thumper

Queensland
Reply #17 - 11/28/20 at 17:24:48

I said those words because I have information that indicates to me that Obama, "pardoned" 212 people.

Lol, that's just saying the same thing as repeating the words. How about "I said those words because the words that I intended to say aligned with the words that I wrote down. etc etc ad nauseam.

I do not believe you are an idiot or an imbecile why force me to treat you as if you are? What is the purpose. You know what it means to make a point so when I asked you what the point you wanted to make why did you just repeat the words and pretend that was the point.

My point would be Obama...

I'm not asking you what you point 'would be' I'm asking you what was the precise point you were making. Yes I get that the number 212 means you thought that pointed to Obama's 'high number of pardons' absolved or otherwise.

I'm still asking the same question, I'm talking about corruptly issued pardons, it's in the thread title, and you want to say that Obama issued a large number of pardons. OK, still what is the point you're making? If you had said 'obama issued corrupt pardons' then I could see that the point would be one of moral equivalence but you did not say that.

I'm saying Trump is issuing corrupt pardons, and you answer that Obama issued a lot of (normal) pardons. I could try and second guess the point you're making but if I do that you'll just answer "no I didn't say that" and on and on that's your game.

But I'm wanting to know the point you're making by saying Obama had a lot of pardons, how does that relate to Trump's corruptly issued pardons?

Was there a point or was it a non sequitur.

IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #18 - 11/28/20 at 17:41:39

When MnSpring said:

"When he get's to, 1,947. Then run your tt/TDS inspired mouth.

Obama absolved the sentences of 1,937 convicts
"

I think it's important to take into account, even though Trump's combined numbers are much lower, Obama "pardoned" as in the topic you speak of, 212.  Theoretically he corruptly pardoned zero.  

So it doesn't make sense to say when Trump gets to 1,937 "pardons" he would be equal to Obama, when actually he would only need to "pardon" 212.

IP Logged
eau de sauvage
Serious Thumper

Queensland
Reply #19 - 11/28/20 at 18:26:43

Eegore, was that so difficult. Did we need to have all this argy bargy first?

OK now I get it everyone is only interested in talking about pardons, and apparently whoever pardoned the most is the worst according to Mn and you just wanted to put your two cents in. OK now I get it.

Everyone is off topic. Which is when will the corrupt pardon storm begin, not when will the pardon storm begin.

The point I'm making of course is we knew that it was coming, and but it seems that the Trump defenders here don't seem to care how much he has corrupted the very institutions of the Executive branch. Still more corrupt pardons he issues the easier it is to challenge it in the SCOTUS, hopefully the Attorney General elect will elect to test this as one of his first priorities. That will put the SC in a very uncomfortable position.

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #20 - 11/29/20 at 04:45:28

Corrupt Pardons are in the eye of the beholder.

Read an interesting idea. Trump should issue pardons to Joe Biden’s brother James and of course Joe’s son Hunter. The reason is it would remove one possible avenue of extortion from those who know and have evidence what slimy traitorous crooks they were when selling the VP office.

IP Logged
MnSpring
Serious Thumper

Younger than most
people my age.

Minn
Reply #21 - 11/29/20 at 06:56:38

Eegore wrote on 11/28/20 at 17:41:39:
 So it doesn't make sense to say when Trump gets to 1,937 "pardons"

Very cleaver way of putting words in someone else's mouth.

Words you want other people to believe.
People like the tt clones,
who cannot understand many things.

Ben Franklin once said: "If you give up a freedom, for the sake of security, you will have neither".
Which is More TRUE, today, than yesterday.('06, S-40, Stock) well, mostly .
  IP Logged
eau de sauvage
Serious Thumper

Queensland
Reply #22 - 11/29/20 at 12:55:55

Corrupt Pardons are in the eye of the beholder.

Perhaps that's true if the eye is yours. Like fraudulent votes, in your eye they are real in Trump's eye they are real, on OAN, and Newsmax and other nut job organisations they are real. In court where they have been presented to Republican appointed judges they are non existent, no fraud claims made, no evidence presented. Outside of court there's a mountain of 'evidence'

Same with corruption, like Trump's attempt to extort Ukraine, or his offering of pardons to buy the silence of those with evidence of his malfeasance, both plainly illegal and plainly corrupt. It must be strange to live in a reality completely untethered from actual objective facts. I can only wonder what deep troubles and fear in your mind fuel this insanity, cause you to label your fellow American as scum, and draw your fealty towards a plainly crazy pseudo authoritarian wannabe clinical narcissistic dictator.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #23 - 11/29/20 at 14:45:26

like Trump's attempt to extort Ukraine

Oh my GOD!
Funniest load ofFSHOOT I've read in months!
LaffmyMutherfukkinASSoff!

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
eau de sauvage
Serious Thumper

Queensland
Reply #24 - 11/29/20 at 15:38:44

@JoG,

What part of 'corrupt' are you having difficult understanding?

IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #25 - 11/29/20 at 17:03:57

MnSpring cut out this specific sentence from eu de sauvage's post:

"... now will come the corruptly issued pardons ..."

Due to the selection of only the part of eau's post that says "corrupt "pardons" Specifically the word pardons leads me to believe MnSpring was referencing pardons.  This is because he chose to cut the part of the post specifically indicating pardons.

His response to this was:

When he get's to, 1,947. Then run your tt/TDS inspired mouth.

Obama absolved the sentences of 1,937 convicts
"

"He" to me indicates Trump and "when he gets to" means to me that when Trump gets to a specific number, and "1,947", to me means the number 1,947 and no other number.  

Since the quoted section was about "pardons" and the response was "when he gets to 1,947" I assessed that the intention was to say when Trump gets to 1,947 pardons eau can run his TDS inspired mouth.  

IP Logged
eau de sauvage
Serious Thumper

Queensland
Reply #26 - 11/29/20 at 17:47:42

If you are willing to decipher and answer Mn's posts then that's a job I happily leave for you. For my part they are too batshit crazy to bother with.

IP Logged
MnSpring
Serious Thumper

Younger than most
people my age.

Minn
Reply #27 - 11/30/20 at 07:07:50

eau de sauvage wrote on 11/29/20 at 17:47:42:
...  Mn's posts ...
they are too batshit crazy to bother with.

WOW, 112.42%, tt talk !

Grin
Grin
Grin
Grin
Grin
Grin
Grin
Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

OK Bot,
now I know it is perfectly OK,
for me to call anybody, or their posts,
who is a member of this Forum,
     '...batshit crazy...'

eau de sauvage wrote on 11/29/20 at 17:47:42:
If you are willing to decipher and answer Mn's posts then that's a job I happily leave for you. For my part they are too batshit crazy to bother with.

Ben Franklin once said: "If you give up a freedom, for the sake of security, you will have neither".
Which is More TRUE, today, than yesterday.('06, S-40, Stock) well, mostly .
  IP Logged
eau de sauvage
Serious Thumper

Queensland
Reply #28 - 12/01/20 at 20:57:17

"US justice department investigates alleged 'bribery for pardon' scheme at White House"

Let the fun begin! Trump tweets 'fake news' even though the details are in an unsealed court filing.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2020/dec/01/bribery-president-pardon-sche...

IP Logged
eau de sauvage
Serious Thumper

Queensland
Reply #29 - 12/03/20 at 15:05:15

Looks like some unintended consequences could result from the corrupt pardons. Take Flynn's pardon, it does not just pardon him for the crimes he pleaded guilty to but it pardons him agains crimes he has not been charged with at all, sweeping and broad pardons about virtually anything.

BUT, that means that if called to testify for example in the recently unsealed probe into pardons for cash, he loses all his 5th amendment rights and can be compelled to testify against any wrongdoing by Trump. And a pardon does not protect someone for committing further crimes after the pardon was issued, so if he then lies under oath when he is compelled to testify in things he's been pardoned preemptively for then that lying would be a federal felony and he would have no protection. Not the pardon, not the 5th.

doh!

Same problems arise if Trump pardons his progeny with broad sweeping pardons, that again means that they lose all 5th amendment protections and can be compelled to give evidence and be charged if they lie. Broad pardons stir up a shitstorm of trouble.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
03/28/24 at 23:11:27

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › When will the corrupt pardon storm begin?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.