Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Big Family get togethers are NOT SMART (Read 65 times)
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Big Family get togethers are NOT SMART
11/20/20 at 21:58:14

I have been seeing account after account of large families that were decimated by a wave of Covid 19 that they caught at a summer family gathering.

You don't know if you have a mild case of Covid 19, one that can kill the older members of your family.   Grandparents, aunts and uncles .......

You don't know if you have a mild case of Covid 19, one that can kill the youngest members of your family, or curse them with secondary heart symptoms that will last their lifetime.

Coochi Coo Kills  .......

You can try to enforce 6 foot spacing and masks, but the hard fact is that the teenagers take their masks off as soon as they are out of sight and teens tend to do stupid stuff at EVERY family gathering.

The very structure of Thanksgiving itself is deadly for Covid 19.

Don't kill the ones you love.

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
Ruttly
Serious Thumper

Thumpers Rule

Manteca , CA
Re: Big Family get togethers are NOT SMART
Reply #1 - 11/21/20 at 09:53:47

Unfortunately from what I see the dumb people far out number the smart people. The science is real and so is the death ! Wear a mask , wash your hands , distance your self , young or old or in between keep yourself safe ! It’s a invisible killer don’t slack off now we are almost thru this , don’t become stupid just cause it’s Thanksgiving , let’s all live to see Thanksgiving 2021 !

The Topic Terminator
  IP Logged
bobert_FSO

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Wichita KS
Reply #2 - 11/21/20 at 12:19:04

At 69 yrs old, my biggest problem is reminding myself that *I* am in the the more vulnerable population and that *I* need to be careful. Jeesh, when did I get old? My kids have no problem reminding me. They both work in retail environments where they are exposed to lots of people in a day. When we interact, they are careful to keep their distance.

IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #3 - 11/23/20 at 08:09:49

I didn't want to comment on this until I had done my research and I would have to agree.

Where I am the "superspreader" events aren't the issue as much as more relaxed family gatherings where people just aren't as careful.  Just like everything else in life, we are less safe with family.

CO modeling predicted the spike and a few places were prepared, but the issue is where will it spread?  Especially with the thanksgiving travel.

https://covid19.colorado.gov/data

« Last Edit: 11/23/20 at 12:29:33 by Eegore »  
  IP Logged
engineer
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #4 - 11/30/20 at 17:53:13

Four people I know have contracted Covid-19.  They were all about my age, early to mid seventies, three died and the fourth, who was a very close friend since we were 17 yrs., old ended up in a nursing home after being hospitalized twice for it.  They were all in good health.  The one who went to the nursing home will not be returning home, too much brain damage.

I'm not ready to go yet. I've got too many projects to finish and some new ones I would like to start.  Not to mention responsibilities. So I am staying well isolated and that has insulted a few people who went ahead and planned fairly large gatherings.  Too bad.

2005 S40, Intruder shocks, Dyna, 52.5/150, 3 washers, 2 turns, modified seat, Raptor
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
04/25/24 at 09:06:57

General CategoryThe Cafe › Big Family get togethers are NOT SMART

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.