Send Topic Print
It’s Here ! (Read 270 times)
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Re: It’s Here !
Reply #30 - 11/19/20 at 17:48:45

He didn't give a definition, I just assume the words he said are the words he meant to use and his interpretation based off of context is different than mine because I would use different words.  

If Apache says "I think that's a red hat" and I say "I wouldn't call that hat red" we can hash out what "red" means to me, but why would we assume Apache is "opposite" and thinks the hat is blue?  

I could be absolutely wrong about Apache's definition of the words he chose to use.  He may not believe you are "engaged in" American Politics but only chose to use those exact words even though he does not interpret it to be accurate.  If he does not think you are "engaged in" American Politics I would have to wonder why he chose those words.

Are you proposing that Apache chose the words "engaged in" and does not think his own assessment is accurate?  I think when he said you are "engaged in" American Politics he meant that.  

I would not choose those words since I do not think you are "engaged in" American Politics.  I think you are engaged in the discussion of American Politics.

"Let me clarify further, in order to be politically 'engaged' according to how you meant it what conditions precisely would I have to fulfil?"

No you do not need to be a US citizen and you do not need to be in any specific geographical location.

Engaging in American Politics, to me, would be to actively participate in, or conduct American Politics.  To be involved in them.

You do not accept those words as accurate enough.  So maybe saying what you do now, that I am aware of, on this forum, to me, is not "engaging in" American Politics.  Just as anyone here that does not ride motorcycles is not engaging in motorcycle riding.

They are engaging in the discussion of motorcycle riding.  What they do now is not the action of getting on a motorcycle, so they are not engaging in that activity.

IP Logged
MnSpring
Serious Thumper

Younger than most
people my age.

Minn
Reply #31 - 11/21/20 at 19:33:29

eau de sauvage wrote on 11/18/20 at 21:39:33:
Again, what is the *point* you're making?

I believe the, ‘point’, is
  you are commenting exactly like a, ‘troll’, would.

OBTW, will you explain the Mountain Dew commercial.
Where two males, dressed as Cowboys, are sitting horses, and the horses are sitting on top of a barn, and they are covered in copious amounts of, what looks like, sweat.

After-all, you know it all,
about a lot of things,
so I am sure you can explain that commercial.

Ben Franklin once said: "If you give up a freedom, for the sake of security, you will have neither".
Which is More TRUE, today, than yesterday.('06, S-40, Stock) well, mostly .
  IP Logged
eau de sauvage
Serious Thumper

Queensland
Reply #32 - 11/21/20 at 21:11:41

Engaging in American Politics, to me, would be to actively participate in, or conduct American Politics.  To be involved in them.

OK, I get it now. So you just wanted to say basically that I am not a US voter. And now I say, so what? What has that got to do with commenting on this so called political forum?

MAGA! Make the Assholes Go Away
  IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #33 - 11/21/20 at 21:38:35

"OK, I get it now. So you just wanted to say basically that I am not a US voter. And now I say, so what?"

No.  I actually said the exact opposite of that.  Why are you ignoring the following sentence from my previous post answering that exact question?

"No you do not need to be a US citizen and you do not need to be in any specific geographical location."

Putin is engaged in American Politics as he is a politician, and is actively participating in activities related to American Politics.  He is not a US voter but can still be involved in American Politics.

You asked this previous and have also ignored that answer:

"Ok so are you saying then by 'participating' then you mean actually voting?"

My reply:

" No.  I am saying that I do not think you are communicating with people who are participating in, conducting or engaging in American Politics."

"What has that got to do with commenting on this so called political forum?"

Being a US voter, which you are ignoring I said is NOT a requirement, has nothing to do with commenting on this forum.  By commenting in this forum you are engaging in the Discussion of American Politics.

You are not engaged in American Politics by my definition.  No more than US voters or Non-US voters who comment here but do not ride motorcycles are engaged in the act of riding a motorcycle.

If I am a non-US voter and I do not paint, but I talk about paint on here I am not engaged in painting.  I am engaged in the discussion of painting.

IP Logged
eau de sauvage
Serious Thumper

Queensland
Reply #34 - 11/22/20 at 00:00:55

That's why I asked you what would I have to do to be engaged in US politics, and you just tell me what I don't have to be, i.e. a US voter.

Instead, so "involved" and "engaged" do not include certain things which you've mentioned.

So just give me some actual examples of behaviour that you would call 'being engaged with US politics'. You given me example of what is not considered by you to be 'engaging' with US politics, voting being one of  them which just intrigues me even more as to what actions would I have to perform, to be "engaged" with US politics.

So don't give me more definitions like "you'd be engaged, if you were involved", just give me actual examples, two or three would be nice. Then we can put this to bed.

MAGA! Make the Assholes Go Away
  IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #35 - 11/22/20 at 08:39:26

That's why I asked you what would I have to do to be engaged in US politics, and you just tell me what I don't have to be, i.e. a US voter.

When you ask me, twice, if you need to be a US voter I will answer it.  I will "just" tell you no, every time you ask.  You indicate the multiple words I use define "engaged" are not enough for you to understand.  Actively participating, involved, conduct, etc. You won't accept those as descriptions of what you have to do.  

Mavi went and worked at a polling location.  At that time he was engaged in American Politics.  The election is over, he is no longer engaged in American Politics but now discusses his activities and is engaged in the discussion of American Politics.  

He was actively involved, as in he wasn't at home sitting at a computer talking about polling locations, he was at an actual polling location.  

If you printed Biden signs  per campaign request as a non-US citizen outside of the US, you would be engaged in American Politics.

If you had designed the software as a non-US citizen and offered tech support from an area outside the US, you would still be involved, or engaged in, American Politics, since you would have done something directly related to American Politics.  

There a many ways to be engaged IN American Politics, but what you are doing now, on this forum, is not that by my definition.  It is as you describe it "communication" and as such I say you are engaged in the Communication of American Politics.  Nothing about what we do here changes, alters, influences, contributes to, functionally changes American Politics.

As you said, you do not need to be in South Africa to say something about apartheid, but does talking about apartheid on a motorcycle forum mean you are engaged in apartheid?  I say no.

Everyone here but you, judging by the PM's I am getting, understand the difference between talking about something and doing something.

« Last Edit: 11/22/20 at 10:58:56 by Eegore »  
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
03/29/24 at 04:16:54

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › It’s Here !

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.