Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
Showtime! (Read 230 times)
eau de sauvage
Serious Thumper

Queensland
Re: Showtime!
Reply #30 - 11/04/20 at 18:53:27

The next few weeks are going to be like a British Airways Jet. When they turn the engines off, it's still whining.

MAGA! Make the Assholes Go Away
  IP Logged
eau de sauvage
Serious Thumper

Queensland
Reply #31 - 11/04/20 at 19:34:11

Welp, Associated Press had Biden at 264, with 6 votes to come from Nevada where he is ahead. This is without Penn. Fingers crossed.

IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #32 - 11/04/20 at 21:17:45

I'm not on this side of SS.com often, but this is possibly one of the most civil discussions I've ever read on the Tall Table.  Kudos to most so far.  Let's keep it this way!  We can disagree without all of the venom, name calling and other childish crap.

If only we had done this all along, maybe people wouldn't see value in pissing contests to run each other off.

IP Logged
eau de sauvage
Serious Thumper

Queensland
Reply #33 - 11/04/20 at 21:53:20

If only we had done this all along, maybe people wouldn't see value in pissing contests to run each other off.

It was so easy to do. I can't believe it's not butter!

IP Logged
Tocsik
Serious Thumper

the singularity

Denver, CO
Reply #34 - 11/05/20 at 06:39:10

Eegore wrote on 11/04/20 at 21:17:45:
I'm not on this side of SS.com often, but this is possibly one of the most civil discussions I've ever read on the Tall Table.  Kudos to most so far.  Let's keep it this way!  We can disagree without all of the venom, name calling and other childish crap.

Yeah.  It's why I avoid this particular bar.  I'm here for the bikes and cameraderie.  Check please!
Peace out, y'all.  Seriously, Peace.

'08|Raptor|Dyna|Stock jets & no other carb changes @ 5280' alt|'slavy CCT|Kawa front pulley|130/90 rear tire|7" LED headlight|3" straight risers|FIAMM El Grande horns|Mutazu hard bags
  IP Logged
eau de sauvage
Serious Thumper

Queensland
Reply #35 - 11/05/20 at 06:47:45

@Tocsik,

It all started going bad when Trump won office, he made it OK to be an openly racist white nationalist.

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #36 - 11/05/20 at 07:14:20

No one on here is a f’ing racist white nationalist. That BS and people exactly like you is why we are where we are. You cannot shut down speech you don’t want to hear with labels.
Kamala Harris is an awful choice as a VP. She’s childlike in her wishful thinking. That’s not a racist or bigoted comment. People don’t get a pass on their behavior based on their gender or the color of her skin.

IP Logged
eau de sauvage
Serious Thumper

Queensland
Reply #37 - 11/05/20 at 07:25:58

You cannot shut down speech you don’t want to hear with labels.

But you can? The lady doth protest to much, methinks.

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #38 - 11/05/20 at 08:01:19

Huh

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #39 - 11/05/20 at 09:46:44

"Kamala Harris is an awful choice as a VP. She’s childlike in her wishful thinking. That’s not a racist or bigoted comment."

Right.  I get this nonsense too, I am racist because I think her policy is poor in design.  Nobody that calls me racist can even talk about one thing she has done, but they know for sure the only reason I could ever think she is not the ideal person to implement her own ideas is because I'm a racist or a bigot.  Forget the VP of my own company is a female, and makes more money than me.

I am also racist for not posting BLM stuff all over my company.  I have black employees, one a manager for the last 7 years, but I'm racist because BLM isn't plastered all over my shop, my gear etc.

IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #40 - 11/05/20 at 09:52:28

"It all started going bad when Trump won office, he made it OK to be an openly racist white nationalist."

I agree with this, partially.  There are people that feel more empowered by having a vicarious connection to the POTUS, but that does not mean every pro-Trump citizen is automatically racist.  It's like the genius I know that started visiting his 77 year old grandfather with health issues without any precautions because "Trump proved it isn't lethal".  This guy is a moron, but not every Trump anti-social distancing guy is this dumb.

The inability to acknowledge a grey area is a sign of argumentative/strategic weakness.  People can have ideas about culture, voting rights, about a President etc. and not be racist by definition.  But tossing out the racist label makes it super easy to dismiss their ideas and denigrate one's own communication to slander, childish remarks and similar.  

At this point for a lot of people the racist/bigot label is used to justify one's own ignorance more so than having anything to do with race or gender.

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #41 - 11/05/20 at 10:20:33

It became acceptable to call people racist for judging the content of their character and not by the color of their skin when the dominant news and entertainment culture began doing so and not objecting when it was done. And it will get far worse when Kamala takes over soon.

IP Logged
eau de sauvage
Serious Thumper

Queensland
Reply #42 - 11/05/20 at 14:06:00

WebsterMark wrote on 11/05/20 at 10:20:33:
It became acceptable to call people racist...

More to the point, it became acceptable to identify with a racist narcissist.

See this article for an insight...https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2020/nov/05/trump-narcissm-us-elect...

Narcissists see what they want to see. What makes Trump more unusual is that an astonishing number of people see what they want to see when they look at him.

It’s strangely apt that such a raging narcissist should function as a distorted mirror to so many, one in which they see their own fantasies reflected back at them.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/09/24 at 02:22:40

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › Showtime!

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.