Send Topic Print
Showtime! (Read 230 times)
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Re: Showtime!
Reply #15 - 11/04/20 at 05:51:06

Another example showing that how the world works depends on what you are looking at.

https://news.yahoo.com/york-times-fox-news-election-023900450.html

IP Logged
Tocsik
Serious Thumper

the singularity

Denver, CO
Reply #16 - 11/04/20 at 05:56:15

I'm not on this side of SS.com often, but this is possibly one of the most civil discussions I've ever read on the Tall Table.  Kudos to most so far.  Let's keep it this way!  We can disagree without all of the venom, name calling and other childish crap.
Like many, I was a Democrat in my younger days but registered Republican as I got older (and wiser?).  I work in medicine so I see a different side to the abortion issue and it's not an easy concept to legislate.  Like many of the doctors I work with (I am not a doctor myself), I consider myself a fiscal conservative and more liberal on social matters.  In the end, I believe in our country and think we'll pull through this, one way or another, no matter who wins this election.  I believe in our country, but not all of those who live in it.  Our social fabric is torn, for sure.

'08|Raptor|Dyna|Stock jets & no other carb changes @ 5280' alt|'slavy CCT|Kawa front pulley|130/90 rear tire|7" LED headlight|3" straight risers|FIAMM El Grande horns|Mutazu hard bags
  IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #17 - 11/04/20 at 06:02:06

I actually watch a lot of CNN last night. Fox was a little to enamored with their personalities and opinions. I wanted to see county by county results and John King did that better. I’ve traveled extensively across PA for past 20 years so I know it well.

Also, you can go to NYTimes interactive site and get real time updates,but you have log in for a free account and you’ll be bombarded with ads.

You can also go to the state of Pennsylvania site and get a breakdown by county how many votes they have left account. My quick back of the napkin calculations this morning at breakfast to me shows Trump has a slight advantage in the overall. There’s a lot of small counties with only 75% of the vote counted that he’s winning huge the question as well those offset Philadelphia, Alleghany, and whatever questionable ballots they pull in at the end.

Instead of hanging chads, we’re going to have magnifying glasses looking at post marks on envelops to see if they’re legit.

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #18 - 11/04/20 at 09:15:51

538 has a chart of possible paths to victory for both sides.
They can't see a path for Trump without both Pennsylvanian and Arizona...
Trump will lose Arizona.

You may be analyzing the wrong state.
https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/2020-election-forecast/

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #19 - 11/04/20 at 09:42:55

538 said this wouldn’t even be close so there’s that....
Actually, CNN has had the best and clearest info as far as I’m concerned.

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #20 - 11/04/20 at 10:17:37

WebsterMark wrote on 11/04/20 at 09:42:55:
538 said this wouldn’t even be close so there’s that....
Actually, CNN has had the best and clearest info as far as I’m concerned.

good point...

IP Logged
eau de sauvage
Serious Thumper

Queensland
Reply #21 - 11/04/20 at 13:14:02

@wm, ironically what you call 'ridiculous predictions' are in fact optimistic predictions that Americans just got conned and did not really lose their moral compass. Guess I was wrong on that one.

Americans have spoken, even if Biden wins, a very large percentage of the population have not repudiated the politics that the debased GOP now represents and that bodes badly for democracy in America and Europe. Down here in Australia, it's like a calm bay in a worldwide storm.

McConnell has already indicated that if Biden wins he will do everything within his power to stymie him. And remember no one knows how this current pandemic is going to pan out.

MAGA! Make the Assholes Go Away
  IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #22 - 11/04/20 at 13:43:26

eau de sauvage wrote on 11/04/20 at 13:14:02:
@wm, ironically what you call 'ridiculous predictions' are in fact optimistic predictions that Americans just got conned and did not really lose their moral compass. Guess I was wrong on that one.

No, you were not wrong on that one. You were ridiculously wrong. That’s not optimism, that’s an inability to perceive reality.

Americans have spoken, even if Biden wins, a very large percentage of the population have not repudiated the politics that the debased GOP now represents and that bodes badly for democracy in America and Europe. Down here in Australia, it's like a calm bay in a worldwide storm.

McConnell has already indicated that if Biden wins he will do everything within his power to stymie him. And remember no one knows how this current pandemic is going to pan out.

God keep McConnell safe.

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #23 - 11/04/20 at 13:51:46

Tocsik wrote on 11/04/20 at 05:56:15:
I'm not on this side of SS.com often, but this is possibly one of the most civil discussions I've ever read on the Tall Table.  Kudos to most so far.  Let's keep it this way!  We can disagree without all of the venom, name calling and other childish crap.
Like many, I was a Democrat in my younger days but registered Republican as I got older (and wiser?).  I work in medicine so I see a different side to the abortion issue and it's not an easy concept to legislate.  Like many of the doctors I work with (I am not a doctor myself), I consider myself a fiscal conservative and more liberal on social matters.  In the end, I believe in our country and think we'll pull through this, one way or another, no matter who wins this election.  I believe in our country, but not all of those who live in it.  Our social fabric is torn, for sure.

Good points, thanks. Food for thought however. In every nation or organization or any system that ultimately fails, crashes and burns, there’s a point at which you can look back and put your finger on that part of the timeline that was the point of no return. That time when the chance to recover and build passed. Is that where we are? I don’t know.

I’ve always told our fair and balanced moderator, Sew, that he would eventually win the war. Trump was merely a four or eight year pause in the leftist’s self-destruction of the United States of America.

Trump had a chance to keep things alive for four more years but he blew it. Could not turn his ego off. The best part about a person is almost always the worst part about a person. That’s a truism that applies for many of us as well. Trumps ego is what allowed him to crush Jeb Bush, Chris Christie, Marco Rubio and the rest of those clowns. His ego was the only thing that was going to defeat Hillary

Again, I’ve always said he wasn’t a perfect flag bearer but he was the only one we had. He gave us 4 years and now we’re back to where we would have been with Hillary. Actually , we’re way worse off with that stupid little girl Kamala. Seriously, she acts like a child most of the time. It’s unbelievable she’s going to be president in a few months.

IP Logged
eau de sauvage
Serious Thumper

Queensland
Reply #24 - 11/04/20 at 14:19:45

that stupid little girl Kamala. Seriously, she acts like a child most of the time.

And this is pretty well what is wrong with America, they have a problem with people of colour and women in particular. It's a country out of balance and perpetually at war with itself. It's easy to see why an authoritarian quasi  wannabe dictator like Trump is so widely supported.

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #25 - 11/04/20 at 14:24:38

WebsterMark wrote on 11/04/20 at 13:51:46:
Actually , we’re way worse off with that stupid little girl Kamala. Seriously, she acts like a child most of the time. It’s unbelievable she’s going to be president in a few months.

Hello?... Trump?....
Internationally renown manbaby?...

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #26 - 11/04/20 at 14:27:16

eau de sauvage wrote on 11/04/20 at 14:19:45:
that stupid little girl Kamala. Seriously, she acts like a child most of the time.

And this is pretty well what is wrong with America, they have a problem with people of colour and women in particular. It's a country out of balance and perpetually at war with itself. It's easy to see why an authoritarian quasi  wannabe dictator like Trump is so widely supported.

BS. Nothing to do with her color. Nothing to do with she’s a woman. She’s a joke.

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #27 - 11/04/20 at 15:51:12

She was a top prosecutor in California...
Trump was reality show billionaire.

That's a joke

IP Logged
eau de sauvage
Serious Thumper

Queensland
Reply #28 - 11/04/20 at 16:00:42

This election has reaffirmed that the sentiment expressed below, in this clip from Bowling for Columbine, is alive and well.

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #29 - 11/04/20 at 18:03:35

Serowbot wrote on 11/04/20 at 15:51:12:
She was a top prosecutor in California...
Trump was reality show billionaire.

That's a joke

No, Trump was an international real estate mega-star that you’ve know for past 25 years. You loved him until he ran as a Republican.

And she screwed her way to the top otherwise she was nobody. She was an awful AG which is why she left. The Democrats rejected her for the top slot early on. She has no concept of reality. But she’s an attractive woman of color so Biden picked her. It’s a joke.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/09/24 at 02:19:51

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › Showtime!

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.