Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Explain this. (Read 47 times)
eau de sauvage
Serious Thumper

Queensland
Explain this.
10/30/20 at 02:30:27

In a recent decision Kavanaugh just quoted Donald Trump in his dissenting opinion that stopped Wisconsin from counting ballots postmarked by election day but arriving late. Even though 18 State currently allow this.

Kavanaugh says "it is genuinely alarming that the justice cast these aspersions on late-arriving ballots,"

However in the Bush v Gore 2000 case where the Supreme Court stopped the count, the lawyers working for the Republican Party were Kavanaugh, Roberts, and Amy Coney Barrett! And they argued in that contested election that late arriving ballots, without postmarks that benefited Bush, should be counted.

MAGA! Make the Assholes Go Away
  IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Re: Explain this.
Reply #1 - 10/30/20 at 05:21:04

Well to be fair I would not want one strategy to adhere universally to all strategies for eternity.

If the assessment of the 2000 election fiasco indicated that election ballots counted without postmarks was not the best decision, I would be fine with an alternate, or opposite decision being made 2 decades later.

I'm not saying that is what happened today, but I am saying I am not willing to say since one decision was made 20 years ago that the same decision should be made always.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #2 - 10/30/20 at 08:27:45

The supreme court is made up of people.
They can be wrong.
They can realize it
They can change

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
eau de sauvage
Serious Thumper

Queensland
Reply #3 - 10/30/20 at 13:22:19

Eegore wrote on 10/30/20 at 05:21:04:

I'm not saying that is what happened today, but I am saying I am not willing to say since one decision was made 20 years ago that the same decision should be made always.

That wasn't the point, the point was the hypocrisy that swung the election. The republicans on the HC say when it suits them that they need to supervise the state supreme court, and when it does not suit them they say that the supreme court should be the one to interpret the state legislator.

hypocrisy at the Supreme Court level diminishes it's authority and de legitimises it in the eyes of the people.

The supreme court is made up of people.
They can be wrong.
They can realize it
They can change

You mean like the way that the Senate says 8 months is too early to vote on a new judge, but then they realise their error and decide that 8 days is plenty of time. In other words they are just weasel words meant to justify doing whatever you like.

IP Logged
eau de sauvage
Serious Thumper

Queensland
Reply #4 - 10/30/20 at 13:59:02

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #5 - 10/31/20 at 05:48:57

So I pulled up that link. One of first couple of paragraphs indicated the rest was worthless. There was no credible allegation, there was no evidence. Not that the evidence was thin, there was none. What real evidence there was showed her claims to be imaginary at best, purposely deceitful at worst.

She claimed in a therapy session to have recovered memories from an assault by Brett Kavanaugh while they were in high school and the memories were so intense she was forced to add an extra door in her home for fear that Cavanaugh would cross the country and assault her again. The reality was they added an extra door so they could rent out part of their house to Google employees in the area like everybody else in the neighborhood was doing.

She claimed to be afraid of flying which is why she did not immediately answer a request to appear before Congress but there were dozens and dozens of photos showing her skiing in various places across the world.

Her friends refused to testify and some even questioned her mental stability. She said she was not Partisan but participated in numerous anti-Trump marches with let’s just say harshly worded signs.

The poor woman was either mentally ill or just a flat out liar and she was used by Democrats to try to derail the nomination. So when someone says “credible allegations” you can pretty much disregard everything else they say because there were no credible allegations. Now if the writer had said “we used her to try to get rid of Cavanagh even though we knew nothing like that ever happened“, then you can read the rest of the article because he’s being honest.

Brett Kavanaugh, who, after being credibly accused of attempting to sexually assault Christine Blasey Ford when they were in high school, denied the allegation then lashed out at Democrats who believed it disqualified him from serving on the nation’s highest court. “What goes around comes around,” an angry Kavanaugh told Senate Democrats, after he nearly lost his chance to serve on the Supreme Court.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/09/24 at 02:30:22

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › Explain this.

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.