Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Options for rear/mid controls (Read 124 times)
akhsha
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Options for rear/mid controls
10/21/20 at 09:25:00

I've looked all over the forum and seen lots of ryca style rear sets, both from ryca, and fabricated by other members. I'm wondering why I haven't seen any of those footpeg brackets that you might see on a 70s cb350; the type with the tube mounted under the bike that curves up the sides and has the footpegs mounted to it (see attached)

I have a few guesses as to why I haven't seen anyone attempt these:
-it might limit the lean angle of the bike since its mounted so low under the frame
-they're probably not as physically strong as the ryca type with the sturdy square tube bracket
-maybe I'm just not searching hard enough and there are actually a few builds with this style of footpeg bracket

I also have some ideas as to why this style might be advantageous:
-it seems like the cb350 style bracket would be easier to fabricate and attach to the bike. The ryca style ones seem very precisely engineered. They go straight through the frame, and it seems like lots of stuff needs to be removed/modified to get the ryca style bracket jammed in there.
-the UJM style bracket is plentiful on ebay as a take off from older bikes. I just need to find one that could be modified to fit the savage/s40 and they're only like $30
-I have 12.5" intruder shocks and a harley muffler on my bike, so ground clearance/lean angle might not be too big a deal? Also, I dont ride very aggressively, so I dont lean very far in the first place

Anywho, if anyone has any ideas why I shouldn't be considering this style of footpeg bracket, please let me know.

Also, if anyone is fabricating those ryca style brackets and wants to sell me one, let me know about that too Wink I can't afford the really nice ones on the ryca site, they cost about a quarter what I paid for my bike!

« Last Edit: 10/21/20 at 10:39:41 by akhsha »  

s-l300_002.jpg

2009 S40 with about 11k miles.
Verslavy, Raptor petcock, 12.5" shocks, harley muffler, 55 pilot jet, half size nylon washer.
  IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Re: Options for rear/mid controls
Reply #1 - 10/21/20 at 11:33:37

There's one, but I can't tell you where it is.

Generally, most will do rear sets, not mid sets.
Or go more forward.

WWW   IP Logged
gtenginerd

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

MO
Reply #2 - 10/21/20 at 20:02:27

I'm working on this too. Would be glad to hear everyone's feedback.

IP Logged
akhsha
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #3 - 10/23/20 at 09:21:53

gtenginerd wrote on 10/21/20 at 20:02:27:
I'm working on this too. Would be glad to hear everyone's feedback.

Gtenginerd, I've been looking around for a few days, seems like the best fit may be a suzuki indruder bracket.
They're more of a plate than a tube, so they're lower profile than the tube style brackets from the 70s.
Suzuki made lots of different models of intruder over the years, so there are plenty of options.
The brackets themselves have 8 or more mounting holes, so lots of spots to attach to some sort of adapting plate.
They're cheap and abundant on ebay.

I haven't done any measuring yet, so they may turn out not to be a great fit, but if you're looking for a direction to continue looking, this might be a good one

2009 S40 with about 11k miles.
Verslavy, Raptor petcock, 12.5" shocks, harley muffler, 55 pilot jet, half size nylon washer.
  IP Logged
ohiomoto
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

WTF is JOG?
Reply #4 - 10/25/20 at 05:58:56

verslagen1 wrote on 10/21/20 at 11:33:37:
There's one, but I can't tell you where it is.

Generally, most will do rear sets, not mid sets.
Or go more forward.
------------------

There were two!  One was a Retro Blue project in the bike builds but the pictures are gone.  The other was a yellow/orange tracker or scrambler.  California something??  I think it was posted in the cafe a year of two ago.

IP Logged
ohiomoto
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

WTF is JOG?
Reply #5 - 10/25/20 at 06:00:22

It's been done, but it's hard to find the pictures. When you guys figure it out, post how you did it here: http://suzukisavage.com/cgi-bin/YaBB.pl?num=1487785879/0

IP Logged
gtenginerd

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

MO
Reply #6 - 12/08/20 at 12:30:09

Bringing this back to the top. I'm planning to tackle rearsets this winter. Does anyone have pictures of the RYCA mount they could post? Can anyone make measurements or anything? How are they? Do your feet sit where you want them or would you want them different?

Thanks for any input.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
03/28/24 at 14:28:20

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Options for rear/mid controls

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.