Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Report from Sweden, and some advice questions! (Read 223 times)
Edub

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Arizona
Re: Report from Sweden, and some advice questions!
Reply #15 - 11/03/20 at 15:50:22

Zepp wrote on 11/03/20 at 10:09:11:
I ordered a AGM battery, its not that expensive in any case ( about 100 dollars whit VAT and delivery) and I want the best! And soon a trickle charger too?
First I want to know if the bike starts.. if not there are somthing els that broken, and first then its time to call a local MC workshop for maintenance.

Zepp, you will definitely want the trickle charger, as it makes batteries last much longer!  I used to have batteries only last 2 years or so on my bikes, but since I got the charger, I'm not having any problems with battery longevity.  Extremely hot or cold climates both kill batteries, you won't regret having a trickle charger.

IP Logged
Zepp

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #16 - 11/04/20 at 11:52:04

My biker friends tell me the same thing as you.. any god batery and a trickle charger and it last for years.
One is seldome to old to learn.
And as my friends altso is att age, they probably learnd this by age?

And another topic, is it safe to trickle charge the battery on the bike, whit al the conections on???

IP Logged
norm92de
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

El Paso TX
Reply #17 - 11/04/20 at 13:57:53

I have a "Battery Tender" 1.25amp and keep it plugged in all the time. No problems.

2014 S40. Raptor. idle mixture adj.Needle raised one notch. 4000' altitude. Stock jets. Shell Rotella synthetic.
  IP Logged
Zepp

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #18 - 11/09/20 at 11:28:18

I bout my a Ctek MXS3,8, mainly becuse they provided both clamps and on the batterey fixed easy to conect plug!

Just plug in every time, then its probably gonna to be used more?

And today I got my new AGM battery, tested the trickle charger on it, it lights upp, it talks to my new battery anyhow!

Soo, soon or at least next wekend I gonna try to start the bike!

IP Logged
Zepp

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #19 - 11/14/20 at 13:33:48

At last I got the new AGM battery in my bike, it was a struggle!
Not the battery but to get the sadle back in place.. my sadle bags is in the way of my seeing!
In any case, it started up as it should, and I got my trickle charger conections  to the battery anyhow.. some sort anyway.
It was thight!
This is not a thing I like to do every year, lets hope that my battery gonna last at least 5 years?

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/05/24 at 15:43:48

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Report from Sweden, and some advice questions!

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.