IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Re: Stop...
Reply #1 - 10/16/20 at 11:24:14

This again.

We have to remember that our actions on here are not our fault.

I am not to be held responsible for what I type.  Somebody else said something I don't like so now I am not to be held accountable.  I must defend my opinions by talking down and insulting others because they did it first.  Also since the enforcement is not absolutely equal I am not to be held accountable for what I type.

Somebody else did it First, Worst, and More, so I get a free pass.  Works everywhere else in life right?  I never get speeding tickets if I prove other drivers speed more, faster, and didn't get pulled over.

How many times do we need to be reminded?

At this point it should be obvious that some people are not ever going to adhere to the requested standard once they see words they don't like.  We will get the "unfair enforcement" argument, as if a private forum somehow requires it, or the "he did it first" or "he did it more" argument, as if someone else saying something removes our ability to control what we type... from a keyboard miles away.

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #2 - 10/16/20 at 11:26:47

I said nothing, my forum account was hacked.....

IP Logged
eau de sauvage
Serious Thumper

Queensland
Reply #3 - 10/16/20 at 15:41:22

You guys beg for donations to your forum (which I had donated to in the past before I realised what I was supporting) but you allow this putrid racist part of the S40 site to live here. It's a fcuking embarrassment that you don't care about the people who would innocently wade into this nuts.

What is the point of it, there' just half a dozen bigot who just post links to right wing nut job sites and rehash Trumps twitter feed, it got crazy since they all came out of the woodwork.

How bad is it? I bought a jet for the Suzuki off one of the racists who post here before I was aware of anything and it came with a gratuitous racist rant. You people are weird.

MAGA! Make the Assholes Go Away
  IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #4 - 10/16/20 at 15:55:30

which I had donated to in the past before I realised what I was supporting

You are supporting it, just not through direct funds.  Your traffic and posting brings in Ad revenue.  

To be fair I have seen your assessment of what type of statements are racist and they do not meet my definition consistently.  For that matter being racist isn't illegal where I am so I rarely concern myself with it regarding hobbies or optional activities like logging gin and reading the posts here.  

IP Logged
eau de sauvage
Serious Thumper

Queensland
Reply #5 - 10/16/20 at 15:56:07

Eegore wrote on 10/16/20 at 11:24:14:
 This again.  

Yep, we went through all this years ago nothing has changed. There's a group of six who talk shite and want to engage in name calling, so we either put up with that and then everything is fine, or if they get it shoved back into their collective faces then it's a problem.

The problem is that the moderators can't decide what to do, either stop all name calling like a normal adult forum or allow it to go unchecked. Make up your friggen minds.

The solution to not just this problem but to the problem that it causes this site as a whole is to simply ban ALL name calling permanently or ban the posters. You need to draw a line and stick to it. Problem would be solved quick smart because there's so few posters.

Do you think this pathetic part of the site adds any acutual value? You can tell it doesn't because it doesn't attract anyone to post other that the few who mess it up.

IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #6 - 10/16/20 at 16:07:48

Do you think this pathetic part of the site adds any acutual value?

It does for me.

As for the name-calling I say we are all adults and we shouldn't be moderated at all.  This of course will deteriorate the content to mostly trading insults along with copy/paste of internet articles that are only correct to the person who posted it.

If we want to maintain a standard it is obvious that it can not be done without the removal of certain people if even for a short period of time.  I for one am fine with being banned for a week if I blatantly insult a member, then a month, then forever.

If we want to have an adult conversation standard for a limited time, that will go back to insults, then complaints about how those insults were addressed, then we just do what we are doing now.  

I for one would be interested in how many people would be ok with every word they have typed here being printed and read aloud at their church/work or to their kids/grandchildren.  

IP Logged
MnSpring
Serious Thumper

Younger than most
people my age.

Minn
Reply #7 - 10/16/20 at 17:33:30

Eegore wrote on 10/16/20 at 16:07:48:
...   I for one would be interested in how many people would be ok with every word they have typed here being printed and read aloud at their church/work or to their kids/grandchildren.    

Work:  100%

Church: My words, read to those people, probably 5% Not.
But this place does not contain people that I went to Church with.
So the, ‘Church’, filter, does not apply.

Kids:
 I don’t have any kids. Have Nieces & Nephews.
Would not speak about 5% that way in front of them.
Again this place does not contain my or someone else's Nieces & Nephews.
So the, ‘Niece/Nephew’ filter, does not apply.

We all, speak differently depending upon the audience.
And ‘More Holy Than Thou’, manifestos do not make any difference.

This audience is adults.
This site is Private so it can make any rule it wants.
And it can ALSO,
decide to enforce the, ‘rules’, (that are supposedly for everybody),
Any Way They Want !
And RAY CHARLES COULD SEE,
that, inforcment, depends totally,
on the color of one’s nose,
and the length of their tongue.

Oh, the word, ‘Drongo’ is NOT, offensive to E.D.S.
... Drongo is almost a term of endearment....
As eau de sauvage wrote on 10/12/20 at 02:33:49:

And of course I, PUBLICLY, have had my hands slapped,
because I said someones mouth is only good for one thing.
While several of the tt clones, have said the POTUS sucks …..

So, EDS gets, ‘Drongo’, and will keep on saying it,
because, HE HAS SAID, it is a term of endearment.

And will no longer say
a newly elected DFI Senator’s mouth,
is only good for one thing !

Ben Franklin once said: "If you give up a freedom, for the sake of security, you will have neither".
Which is More TRUE, today, than yesterday.('06, S-40, Stock) well, mostly .
  IP Logged
MnSpring
Serious Thumper

Younger than most
people my age.

Minn
Reply #8 - 10/16/20 at 17:48:00

eau de sauvage wrote on 10/16/20 at 15:56:07:
...  so we ...

Have asked this before,
 Who is, "WE" ???

Ben Franklin once said: "If you give up a freedom, for the sake of security, you will have neither".
  IP Logged
eau de sauvage
Serious Thumper

Queensland
Reply #9 - 10/16/20 at 18:50:45

Who is WE

Duh. The people who participate in this forum.

Oh, the word, ‘Drongo’ is NOT, offensive to E.D.S.

Once again you seem to deliberately not understand. I do not take any offence at whatever language anyone uses. The point is not offence the point is, is ad hominem language and personal attacks are they alright or not.

The early internet always struggled with this, most adult forums that have political sections understand that personal attacks no matter how benign will always lead to not just escalation but people controlling the forum. 'Drongo' while being puerile and down right silly, is specifically designed to be a personal attack that will fly under the radar.

This happened years ago here, Mn, JoG, Webster and the like would not get answered back, then, like JoG yesterday when you finally give it back they whinge and moan foam at the mouth and then Serowbot starts a thread just like this.

This is why the only way that this stops is the simple rule that NO PERSONAL ATTACKS tolerated. If someone alerts a mod to that, the post is deleted and in very short order it will cease.

Serowbot says he doesn't want to police the forum. Fine, then expect Mn, JoG, Webster, Srinath and the like to continue personal attacks and you can expect that they'll get it back.

Make up your frikken mind. Just don't allow personal attacks OF ANY KIND, it'd doesn't have to be not acceptable in church, just personal attacks. It's pointless and leads nowhere.

But unless it's all in, then it doesn't work.

IP Logged
eau de sauvage
Serious Thumper

Queensland
Reply #10 - 10/16/20 at 18:59:49

@Serowbot, basically you are saying "such and such is not acceptable behaviour".

OK, and what? You know who is going to ignore that completely. Then what.

As long as half a dozen people are allowed to abuse with personal attacks and as long as the people they do this to, do not respond, then what? You're fine with that. Sure that works but not for me. And not for any readers, and not for any so called political discussion.

If you know what you do not want on the forum, make a rule. Or what? Or you ban people first for one week then one months. I've seen forums where they clearly state there are no personal attacks allowed and they don't have time to fcuk around, people will be banned without warning and they are not open to any whinging. They do this people people are sick and tired of this.

If you don't want to simply make some rules and enforce them then WTF do you even bother to tell people to stop this crap? Especially when you know it won't stop, without some rules. Is this just all a game you want to play. Is there some master plan

IP Logged
MnSpring
Serious Thumper

Younger than most
people my age.

Minn
Reply #11 - 10/17/20 at 08:42:20

eau de sauvage wrote on 10/16/20 at 18:50:45:
... adult forums that have political sections understand that personal attacks no matter how benign will always lead to ...

How do, YOU, know this ?

Grin
Grin
Grin
Grin
Grin
Grin
Grin
Grin Grin Grin Grin

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #12 - 10/17/20 at 09:13:42

It was the best of times, it was the worst of times...
I moderate too much, I moderate too little.

It's all about balance.
Grin

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #13 - 10/17/20 at 11:58:38

Serowbot wrote on 10/17/20 at 09:13:42:
It was the best of times, it was the worst of times...
I moderate too much, I moderate too little.

It's all about balance.
Grin

Said Rowboat Wallenda..

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #14 - 10/17/20 at 14:34:51

Didn’t he fall?

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/09/24 at 02:24:25

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › Stop...

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.