Send Topic Print
A little math.... (Read 24 times)
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

A little math....
10/04/20 at 05:54:54

WHO says an estimated 750 million people worldwide have contracted Covid-19. We just passed 1 million deaths. Set aside for a minute how many of those deaths were incorrectly labeled as caused by Covid, a few 750,000,000 / 1,000,000 = 1 death in 750 or 0.13%.

IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Re: A little math....
Reply #1 - 10/04/20 at 10:23:16

I would say they are incorrectly reported as SARS-COV-2 primary for sure, but again things like the video of the guy falling off a cliff being documented as a Covid death is completely wrong.  But yeah people need to stop looking at the big numbers and acting like we will all die.

It's the timeframe that is disturbing to me.  1 million from a single location in less than a year is a fast spreading virus.

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Re: A little math....
Reply #2 - 10/05/20 at 05:28:31

Flu vaccines need to be adjusted every year so I tend to think respiratory viruses are easily transmitted worldwide. This disease was particularly harsh on those with specific health issues, but for the average person, little more than flu. I personally know half a dozen who’ve gotten it and recovered fully. I also know (knew) two people who committed suicide who struggled from the forced isolation of mandated lockdowns.

Politics will get in the way for another couple years at least when it comes to analysis of Covid. But there are some bottom line facts that are disturbing when compared to our responses to this virus.

Early on it was known young children are virtually immune and had teachers and staff been treated as first responders with the proper masks, schools could have maintained their schedules. As it is, poor black children (extra points to those who get the Joe Biden reference) will fall further behind rich white children with involved parents.

But seriously and setting aside racist Biden, many families were able to create pods and some form of school kept going. Many families weren’t able to and those kids suffered. And honestly from a big picture point of view, all for political reasons because some in power saw this as a way to harm Trump.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/09/24 at 04:15:39

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › A little math....

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.